Page 31 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #301
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I want a smaller military payout, no wars and higher taxes. Different situations are different.

    But I do. You just won't accept it because you won't accept any narrative which doesn't paint the Democrat is a bad light. You're playing team politics.
    Of course you do because you never question how the govt. spends your money, it is always throw more money at the issue never getting an explanation of where the money went in the first place.

    You let ideology trump reality. I grew up a Democrat, bet I have voted for more Democrats than you have voted Republican and still do when the alternative is better in local elections. Will never vote for a Democrat with a resume like Obama and I have been proven right. You continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the results, lowering your standards to justify what Obama has done.

    You don't know the role of the Federal Govt. which is to PROVIDE for the Common Defense and that means the military. It is the role of the state and local government to handle social issues. Your decisions have helped lead to the poor results we have today and the incompetent we have in the WH

  2. #302
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,964

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course you do because you never question how the govt. spends your money, it is always throw more money at the issue never getting an explanation of where the money went in the first place.
    You completely missed the point. Different situations are different. This is important to understand.

    I grew up a Democrat, bet I have voted for more Democrats than you have voted Republican
    But I bet you didn't vote for people who champion what modern day Democrats champion. In fact, I'm fairly certain you've said that before (your party left you, is the wording I believe you use).

    I don't care what letter is behind a person's name. I'll vote for whomever presents the best plan. I voted for several Republicans in the local 2012 election.
    You don't know the role of the Federal Govt. which is to PROVIDE for the Common Defense and that means the military.
    And right after the common defense, the preamble says "promote the general Welfare". Cherry-picking from something so famous is not a good idea.

    Your decisions have helped lead to the poor results we have today and the incompetent we have in the WH
    Once more, this is useless partisan rhetoric. One of these days, I can't help but think you'll drop the act and discuss something legitimately.

  3. #303
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Slyfox696;1063138292]You completely missed the point. Different situations are different. This is important to understand.
    No, I didn't miss the point at all, you never question the amount of money the govt. spends or why Obama proposed a 3.9 trillion dollar budget. All you care about is raising taxes not getting efficient use of the money that has been spent in the past. Politicians buy votes with their spending and that has led to the problems we have today.

    But I bet you didn't vote for people who champion what modern day Democrats champion. In fact, I'm fairly certain you've said that before (your party left you, is the wording I believe you use).
    You are right, I don't buy anything today's Democrat Party champions because they are promoting the nanny state and that isn't the role of the Federal Govt. That is the role of the state and local governments because they are closer to the people. This country was built on neighbor helping neighbor and not that neighbor being the Federal Govt. Social programs are not the role of the Federal bureaucracy and until you realize that you are always going to get the terrible results we have today, high debt, high dependence, and lack of initiative.

    I don't care what letter is behind a person's name. I'll vote for whomever presents the best plan. I voted for several Republicans in the local 2012 election.
    Could have fooled me. Tell me why you voted to re-elect Obama? What did Obama do that warrants a second term?


    And right after the common defense, the preamble says "promote the general Welfare". Cherry-picking from something so famous is not a good idea.
    Unlike you I understand the definition of PROVIDE and PROMOTE. You believe promoting means the Federal Govt. providing and that isn't promoting at all. The responsibility of the Federal Govt. is to get the private sector, state, and local communities to create an atmosphere that creates economic growth, jobs, and actually helps people who need it. It is the teaching people how to fish philosophy, not providing them with the fish.

    Once more, this is useless partisan rhetoric. One of these days, I can't help but think you'll drop the act and discuss something legitimately.
    I understand how the truth hurts but all your spending in the name of compassion has generated record numbers dependent on the Federal govt. and all that has done is increase the debt. When you have over 60% of the budget in entitlement spending that creates a lot of debt and spending without the revenue to pay for it. Time to get those people off dependence and the Federal Govt. or today's Democrat party isn't going to do that. Without dependence there wouldn't be any liberals. Liberals keep their power by making people dependent and those actually paying taxes are the ones that pay the bill.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,964

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, I didn't miss the point at all, you never question the amount of money the govt. spends or why Obama proposed a 3.9 trillion dollar budget. All you care about is raising taxes not getting efficient use of the money that has been spent in the past. Politicians buy votes with their spending and that has led to the problems we have today.
    Your paragraph here clearly shows you missed the point. You claim you didn't, and then go off about something I wasn't talking about. You missed the point.

    You are right, I don't buy anything today's Democrat Party champions
    Which destroys the image you were promoting. The names may have changed, but what you voted for did not.

    Could have fooled me. Tell me why you voted to re-elect Obama? What did Obama do that warrants a second term?
    Good try, but we both know I've explained this to you before. You're trying to divert the discussion into another topic so you can regurgitate the same things you always say.

    At the end of the day, you cannot deny facts. Obama wasn't elected until January 2009 and the negative effects of the recession didn't end until 2010. Since then, we have regained every private sector job lost and have continued adding jobs for 49 straight months. We've reduced our deficit by half and we're pulling or have pulled most of our forces from places most Americans no longer want to be. Those are just the facts.

    The responsibility of the Federal Govt. is to get the private sector, state, and local communities to create an atmosphere that creates economic growth, jobs, and actually helps people who need it.
    And under Obama's policies, we have now regained every private sector job lost because of the recession.

    You can dance around it all you want, it won't go away.

    I understand how the truth hurts but all your spending in the name of compassion has generated record numbers dependent on the Federal govt.
    Yes, how dare all of those old people get old!

    and all that has done is increase the debt.
    Our deficit has decreased by roughly half from what Obama inherited.

    Time to get those people off dependence
    Yes, we need to tell my 80 year old grandfather who spent over 30 years in education to get off his lazy backside and go to work.

  5. #305
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Slyfox696;1063138401]Your paragraph here clearly shows you missed the point. You claim you didn't, and then go off about something I wasn't talking about. You missed the point.
    no, I didn't the point, maybe the point you wanted to focus on wasn't clearly stated but I responded. It is about all the spending and never getting the compassionate results from that spending and you never questioning what Obama or any Democrat requests

    Which destroys the image you were promoting. The names may have changed, but what you voted for did not.
    Not at all, I probably give more to charity than you make in a year and that is money that I control vs. giving it to a bureaucrat to spend it for me after taking their Admin costs. GW Bush never had a 3.9 trillion dollar budget

    Good try, but we both know I've explained this to you before. You're trying to divert the discussion into another topic so you can regurgitate the same things you always say.
    Sorry, but that is the issue, you voted for someone because of the rhetoric whereas the results didn't matter and then you lower your standards to accept terrible results. 6.7 trillion added to th e debt to get back to where we were before the recession is terrible and to accept the fact that we aren't any better off today than 7 years ago says a lot about you

    At the end of the day, you cannot deny facts. Obama wasn't elected until January 2009 and the negative effects of the recession didn't end until 2010. Since then, we have regained every private sector job lost and have continued adding jobs for 49 straight months. We've reduced our deficit by half and we're pulling or have pulled most of our forces from places most Americans no longer want to be. Those are just the facts.
    See what I mean, you buy what you are told and have no concept of leadership. Check out Reagan's results 4 years after the end of a worse recession than we had this time around. You weren't around, I was, and you really have no idea what high inflation, high interest rates, and high unemployment do to the moral of the American people as well as the economy

    And under Obama's policies, we have now regained every private sector job lost because of the recession.

    You can dance around it all you want, it won't go away.
    Not dancing at all, what was the population growth between December 2007 and March 2014, how about the labor force. how many were discouraged and not counted. You want badly to believe your ideology works but it is an economic disaster and one that is based strictly on thinking only with your heart

    Yes, how dare all of those old people get old!
    How dare the Federal Govt. spend the money people contributed to SS and Medicare on issues other than Medicare and SS. How dare people like you ignore the fact that the families of those people who die before collecting SS and Medicare lose their contributions. How dare personal responsibility be something you don't understand

    Our deficit has decreased by roughly half from what Obama inherited.
    LOL, again, you ignore that the deficit was at record levels over a trillion dollars a year so cutting it in half still generates record deficits and adds to the debt. Wow, really? This is how you think?

    Yes, we need to tell my 80 year old grandfather who spent over 30 years in education to get off his lazy backside and go to work.
    Emotional rhetoric that has nothing to do with the topic. People who contributed to SS and Medicare deserve to have their investment back. The best you can do is focus on something that isn't really the issue at all just to justify liberal failures. Your grandfather ought to be upset with the unions and the govt. for wasting his money

  6. #306
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course you do because you never question how the govt. spends your money, it is always throw more money at the issue never getting an explanation of where the money went in the first place.

    You let ideology trump reality. I grew up a Democrat, bet I have voted for more Democrats than you have voted Republican and still do when the alternative is better in local elections. Will never vote for a Democrat with a resume like Obama and I have been proven right. You continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the results, lowering your standards to justify what Obama has done.

    You don't know the role of the Federal Govt. which is to PROVIDE for the Common Defense and that means the military. It is the role of the state and local government to handle social issues. Your decisions have helped lead to the poor results we have today and the incompetent we have in the WH
    Providing for the general welfare is delegated as well. Since supply side economics is supposed to be supplying us with better governance at lower cost; I believe we should give our President a mandate regarding fixing a new Standard in Faith concerning a federal doctrine and State laws regarding the concept of employment at will.

  7. #307
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Providing for the general welfare is delegated as well. Since supply side economics is supposed to be supplying us with better governance at lower cost; I believe we should give our President a mandate regarding fixing a new Standard in Faith concerning a federal doctrine and State laws regarding the concept of employment at will.
    Only in the liberal world is a 3.9 trillion dollar budget governance at a lower cost. The President had a mandate in 2009-2010 with total Democrat control of the Congress. He implemented a "shovel ready" Jobs program at a cost of 842 billion dollars, recycled the TARP repayments, and when both failed he went on to Obamacare. that is true incompetence

  8. #308
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Only in the liberal world is a 3.9 trillion dollar budget governance at a lower cost. The President had a mandate in 2009-2010 with total Democrat control of the Congress. He implemented a "shovel ready" Jobs program at a cost of 842 billion dollars, recycled the TARP repayments, and when both failed he went on to Obamacare. that is true incompetence
    the republicans still don't have anything better. why not solve simple poverty in our republic, with existing infrastructure?

  9. #309
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    the republicans still don't have anything better. why not solve simple poverty in our republic, with existing infrastructure?
    Do you have a solution? You don't seem to understand personal responsibility or the free enterprise, capitalistic economy we have. I suggest a basic economics as well as civics course. Just for your information I am 67 years old, ran a 200 million dollar business, had over 1200 employees, offered full insurance, promoted from within, and never paid anything close to minimum wage.

  10. #310
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you have a solution? You don't seem to understand personal responsibility or the free enterprise, capitalistic economy we have. I suggest a basic economics as well as civics course. Just for your information I am 67 years old, ran a 200 million dollar business, had over 1200 employees, offered full insurance, promoted from within, and never paid anything close to minimum wage.
    why not solve simple poverty in our republic, with existing infrastructure?

Page 31 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •