Page 23 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #221
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You do absolutely amaze me.

    You don't even understand the difference between a gain and a loss which makes me at a loss of words here.

    It's ****ing weird.... 500 minus 750 does not translate into 250, however the government and their love fest for Obama and progressives deceptively portrays that it does. Now, you can bet your ass that if a republican was president the media would say 250 jobs were lost instead of saying 500 jobs were "created." Furthermore the best part of their propaganda is their language - they use the word "created" as if the government created jobs or Obama himself created jobs..
    I believe it should have more to do with morals and faithfully executing a federal doctrine and State laws regarding the concept of employment at will.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I believe it should have more to do with morals and faithfully executing a federal doctrine and State laws regarding the concept of employment at will.
    I believe the government should be more honest when it comes to their accounting instead of lying just to save face.

    As far as morals - our government is immoral and the reason for that is because most politicians are lawyers and lawyers are generally taught to abandon morals, and of course there are few exceptions there.... Some still hold onto their morals and work for organizations such as the innocent project, and that is a noble and moral cause.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I believe it should have more to do with morals and faithfully executing a federal doctrine and State laws regarding the concept of employment at will.
    Well I don't know what your intent was there but it seems good natured...

    The problem is the government lies in an attempt to make themselves look successful when they're anything but.

  4. #224
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I believe the government should be more honest when it comes to their accounting instead of lying just to save face.

    As far as morals - our government is immoral and the reason for that is because most politicians are lawyers and lawyers are generally taught to abandon morals, and of course there are few exceptions there.... Some still hold onto their morals and work for organizations such as the innocent project, and that is a noble and moral cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Well I don't know what your intent was there but it seems good natured...

    The problem is the government lies in an attempt to make themselves look successful when they're anything but.
    It is why I believe supply side economics should be supplying us with better governance at lower cost.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Negative. Unemployment benefits don't even enter the jobs picture. They aren't used. This is explicitly stated by the folks who actually tally the figures.
    And it assumes that people responding to the surveys are telling the truth, which isn't necessarily true.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,358

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    Obama sure does..
    You are right. Obama does care about the middle class. They are the ones who's 401K's have recovered under his policies.

  7. #227
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    So, I've posted in this thread a few times, but what it comes down to is that one group says that the large number of people that are doing the measurements don't know what they are doing and/or the people on the top are lying. The others are saying that if you look at how the measurements are made, the results make sense. One group has a certain answer that is based on beliefs, the other is less sure and is willing to accept a complex process and less certainty in that answer. I also ran into that as a design engineer.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,244

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanamavalus63131527
    You are right. Obama does care about the middle class. They are the ones who's
    401K's have recovered under his policies.
    The Middle Class is Shrinking under Obama at a unprecedented rate.
    And these 401ks are being held up temporarily by unprecedented FED stimulus.

    Do you know HOW a 401k works, or what a 401k is for ??

    I'm not dumb enough to count the temporay increase in a account I can't access for another 15 years without a huge penaly, and neither is anyone else unless they're a low information Obama supporter.

    When the market corrects itself, and those 401k's drop in value, are you going to blame George Bush ?

  9. #229
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So when they come back like 500,000 did last month they become counted again but not when they decide the labor market isn't good enough to find a job?
    Why do you think all the addition to the labor force was from discouraged? You do realize that discouraged are only a small percentage of those not in the labor force, right?

    They are different than retirees because they jump in and out of the work force, most retirees don't. AND YES THEY ARE UNEMPLOYED
    And other marginally attached? Person A quit looking for work because he believed he didn't have any s kills anyone wanted (discouraged). Person B quit looking because his mom was sick (marginally attached, reasons other than discouragement). Both are currently available to work but neither has started looking yet. Why do you say A is unemployed and B not?


    Whether or not they are looking for work is a subjective term,
    Ummm, no, that's a pretty objective measure. Either they're looking or not. Either they're doing something that could possibly get them a job, or not. Discouraged is subjective as it's all based on what someone says they want and why they stopped looking.

    if they are of working age, employable they should be counted in the labor force.
    "employable" is very subjective. And why would you count someone who doesn't want a job as in the labor force?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But ONLY because of the nature of the statistic. I fully suspect when those same sites were posting statistics which were of benefit to their party, those people were all too happy to use those sources as legitimate sources.
    Can I provide a link to prove something which never happened? I'm pretty damn amazing, but even I can't produce data to something which never happened.

    Your question is ridiculous.

    You ask a ridiculous question which has absolutely no way to be answered and then say no other answer will be acknowledged? Do you really not see the utter absurdity of this?

    Nevermind, don't answer that. I've debated with you before, I fully expect you to not see the absurdity of your question.
    I've encountered you on these forums a couple of times now and at no point have you added anything of value to the conversation. The only time you even attempted to debate, you made a provably false statement on which I corrected you.
    So you (apparently) admit that you have no unbiased, factual proof that had the government/Fed just left the economy 'alone' (no bail outs, QE's, mark-to-market rule changes, stimulus, etc.) that the U-3 would not be much lower then it is?

    Noted and thank you.

    Good day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •