Page 17 of 128 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #161
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thank you, plan on doing just that. Just one last question why is it you still believe anything out of this Administration or articles that reference data coming from an organization that takes its information from a partisan Congress that created ACA and benefits from discouraged workers in the official unemployment numbers?

    As for the higher cost of living in North Dakota, why is that a problem for you but not a problem for you in California where 1.5 plus million citizens make $8 and hour? Supply in demand, the high wages in N. Dakota will be attracting new housing and more competition which will drive down prices.
    First, those were two questions. Secondly, if I were to tell you why and eventually show you evidence in form of links, (Something of which you will not read.) I fear that we will both go on and on to nowhere and, I, too, wish to enjoy my evening also. So with that. Have a good night.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  2. #162
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If you understood entrepreneurship you would realie what a great opportunity this might be to build apartment buildings, or other necessities in the service industry. If I were a younger man I'd be there in a heartbeat.
    You have a point but only if it was cleaning up after, and I would want that money in my hands beforehand.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  3. #163
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    That's cool. Go ahead and refute them. And
    they're not just people; (you say that like it's a blog or something. ) they're news agencies.

    They sure would if they had fracking going on.


    I'm sorry that you didn't read the Forbes article. You and Conservative have a lot in common.

    Maybe you would like to bring in a "right-wing" economist? You have that right.

    I can't read the Forbes article for you.
    That article is dated 2012, and it SPECULATING on ACA "benefits" that might effect small businesses and Corporations.

    You're not very economically literate are you ?

    A poll last year found that 42 percent of small businesses had put off hiring because of the ACA and 20 percent of Corporations and small Businesses polled said they have proactively reduced the number of employees because of the ACA.

    In the same poll another 38 percent of businesses said they were holding back on expanding because of ObamaCare.

    And Texas's Oil and Gas Industry only accounts for 10 Percent of the States GDP.

    Plus California is the Nations 4th highest Oil Producer.

    So you really dont knkw what your'e talking about.

    You're just another low information left wing ideologue spreading disinformation and getting your ass handed to you in the process by Conservatives on a online Political Forum.

  4. #164
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    That article is dated 2012, and it SPECULATING on ACA "benefits" that might effect small businesses and Corporations.
    I didn't see anything about it speculating the facts as when it was written and just because it was written in 2012, so what, big deal. Does it have an expiration date on it?

    A poll last year found that 42 percent of small businesses had put off hiring because of the ACA and 20 percent of Corporations and small Businesses polled said they have proactively reduced the number of employees because of the ACA.

    In the same poll another 38 percent of businesses said they were holding back on expanding because of ObamaCare.
    Last year? OK. I guess you can only discuss old info, huh? Got the link to that?


    Plus California is the Nations 4th highest Oil Producer.
    I'll betcha they would be kicking butt with their economy if they wouldn't frown on fracking, huh. Good for CA. for telling those companies no.


    You're just another low information left wing ideologue spreading disinformation and getting your ass handed to you in the process by Conservatives on a online Political Forum.
    Except I do offer links when I discuss things.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  5. #165
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Bob N;1063123297]I didn't see anything about it speculating the facts as when it was written and just because it was written in 2012, so what, big deal. Does it have an expiration date on it?
    When exactly did ACA go into effect and when did the employer mandate become effective?

    Last year? OK. I guess you can only discuss old info, huh? Got the link to that?
    BLS will give you employment data and we still have fewer people employed today than we had at the beginning of the recession. Why is that?


    I'll betcha they would be kicking butt with their economy if they wouldn't frown on fracking, huh. Good for CA. for telling those companies no.
    The last thing we want is to become energy self sufficient, right? Keep fueling our Middle East "friends" and become more dependent on foreign sources because people like you have a false impression of fracking? Why are you against job creation and strong economic growth?


    Except I do offer links when I discuss things.
    Your links offer information that is based upon Congressional assumptions many of which have been changed by this President. Why should we believe those articles and ignore actual data like BLS.gov?

  6. #166
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    I didn't see anything about it speculating the facts as when it was written and just because it was written in 2012, so what, big deal. Does it have an expiration date on it?

    Last year? OK. I guess you can only discuss old info, huh? Got the link to that?


    I'll betcha they would be kicking butt with their economy if they wouldn't frown on fracking, huh. Good for CA. for telling those companies no.


    Except I do offer links when I discuss things.
    I know you told me to have a good evening and don't want to continue this discussion but your comments show someone who really has no business experience at all and never actually hired anyone. Do you have any idea what it costs to hire an employee, to train an employee, and to actually employ the employee or the regulations required for that employee? Business owners cannot print cash and have their own money invested in their business thus aren't going to hire anyone until they know the costs associated with ACA and other govt. regulations including the potential for higher income taxes due to Obama's wealth redistribution program.

    How about it, why would anyone hire under this uncertainty and these economic conditions?

  7. #167
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,502
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here is what the liberals want to ignore and want the public to forget

    Employment numbers
    And, we have added 11 million souls to the US population since 2008.
    Last edited by AlbqOwl; 04-06-14 at 09:20 PM.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  8. #168
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    I didn't see anything about it speculating the
    facts as when it was written and just because it was written in 2012, so what, big deal. Does it have an expiration date on it?

    Last year? OK. I guess you can only discuss old info, huh? Got the link to that?


    I'll betcha they would be kicking butt with their economy if they wouldn't frown on fracking, huh. Good for CA. for telling those companies no.


    Except I do offer links when I discuss things.
    All you have apparently is your one 2012 article thats discusses possible future " benefits " of the ACA, which apparently is more relevent than a 2013 Poll that showed exactly how the ACA was affecting business prior to its full implementation.

    42 percent of them admitted to putting off new hiring, and 20 percent of them had already laid people off because of ObamaCare.

    Thr current state of the Obama economy should be enough to convince any intelligent person that the Democrats are absolutely in over their heads and that the ACA is continuing to have a terrible impact on our economy.

    I'm guessing you've decided to blame this extended recession on something thats completley disconnected from reality.
    Only because a objective analysis of the economy contradicts your political lean.

    Thats pretty pathetic and childish if you ask me.

  9. #169
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    All you have apparently is your one 2012 article thats discusses possible future " benefits " of the ACA, which apparently is more relevent than a 2013 Poll that showed exactly how the ACA was affecting business prior to its full implementation.

    42 percent of them admitted to putting off new hiring, and 20 percent of them had already laid people off because of ObamaCare.

    Thr current state of the Obama economy should be enough to convince any intelligent person that the Democrats are absolutely in over their heads and that the ACA is continuing to have a terrible impact on our economy.

    I'm guessing you've decided to blame this extended recession on something thats completley disconnected from reality.
    Only because a objective analysis of the economy contradicts your political lean.

    Thats pretty pathetic and childish if you ask me.
    And you still have your usual political bravado, useless chiding and no link.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  10. #170
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    And you still have your usual political bravado, useless chiding and no link.
    Would any Obama supporter explain to the group why any small business that cannot print money and have put their own money into their business hire any workers in today's environment and with an Administration that doesn't understand the private business sector? The costs of hiring and potentially firing people is just too great to invest in new employees with the burden of ACA and higher taxes on the horizon. Payroll expense is the largest single operating expense a business has and the uncertainty as to the cost of ACA as well as govt. demand for more tax revenue is just too big of a risk to hire people for a small business.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •