Page 102 of 128 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1274

Thread: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

  1. #1011
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's try this, when you buy a gallon of gasoline, when you start driving, you will be paying 18.4 cents per gallon FEDERAL Excise taxes on the gasoline and if you have a diesel you will be paying 24.4 cents per gallon. Those taxes generated 85 billion dollars in 2013. The States collected 143 billion dollars in excise taxes and the total bill for roads and highways was 183 billion dollars meaning that out of the 85 billion collected by the Federal Govt. 42 billion went to roads, where did the other 43 billion go?

    So, let's see if there is anything else you don't know, first you don't understand that our Founders created a small Central Govt. and a part time legislature yet you claim our govt. is socialist in nature thus saving the capitalistic system.

    Second you obviously have no idea of monetary policy as you believe printing more money is the answer and will have limited affect on the value of the dollar

    Third you believe poverty is based upon a federal standard published in a book and not related to the revenue and expenses of the individual along with not understanding that personal responsibility affects the poverty level.

    I could go on but expect a one line answer that totally ignores the facts and just continues to spout textbook sentences that have no relationship to human behavior.
    And it even goes further than that...As a trucker for some 22 years now, we not only pay more in fuel taxes than the car drivers on the road, but we also pay for our ICC numbers, and IFTA taxes every year....Not to mention our state registration, and plate fees....And the tolls the tolls....It now costs a truck over $200 to enter and leave NYC...Does anyone have any idea what that does to prices?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1012
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Daniel, I asked you a direct question earlier in the thread that you still have not addressed....did you miss it? or just ignoring it because you can't answer it?
    not at all; you are welcome to re-post any questions you have, each and every time you may feel the way you do. i don't complain to the moderators for that.

  3. #1013
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    not at all; you are welcome to re-post any questions yoah,u have, each and every time you may feel the way you do. i don't complain to the moderators for that.
    Nah, I did that for you before, and frankly, I am not your secretary so you can easily go back and look it up...Short of that I'll assume that you don't have an answer because it blows up your bull ****...And "complain to moderators"? LOL, what the hell would you complain about? Getting your ass handed to you as you try and sound intellectual while talking in circles? You are funny....Misguided, but funny.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1014
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nah, I did that for you before, and frankly, I am not your secretary so you can easily go back and look it up...Short of that I'll assume that you don't have an answer because it blows up your bull ****...And "complain to moderators"? LOL, what the hell would you complain about? Getting your ass handed to you as you try and sound intellectual while talking in circles? You are funny....Misguided, but funny.
    well, since you won't repost, I must not have any problems with your line of reasoning and you probably had nothing but fallacy, like you do now. in case you missed it, the other ones complain when I do re-post my questions. i guess they must be too difficult for them so they just complain instead of being more "competitive" under our form of capitalism.

  5. #1015
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    well, since you won't repost, I must not have any problems with your line of reasoning and you probably had nothing but fallacy, like you do now. in case you missed it, the other ones complain when I do re-post my questions. i guess they must be too difficult for them so they just complain instead of being more "competitive" under our form of capitalism.
    Ok, so you don't know what you're talking about. Got it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1016
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so you don't know what you're talking about. Got it.
    you are the one who won't re-post the questions. only diversions for your Cause? i don't mind re-posting mine each and every time those of the opposing view want to contest them, just because i know those of the opposing view are usually just full of fallacy, like usual.

  7. #1017
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    you are the one who won't re-post the questions. only diversions for your Cause? i don't mind re-posting mine each and every time those of the opposing view want to contest them, just because i know those of the opposing view are usually just full of fallacy, like usual.
    I am not going to re post the question because if you wanted to answer it in the first place you could have. I know you read it...I take your refusal to address the question as an admission that my premise of the question was right on...

    You speak of fallacies, hell you've been committing a fallacy of ambiguity since your first post in this thread...And the fact that when presented with opportunity to actually bring light to your "Cause" you resort to the comfort of pablum that is in reality pamphlet driven drivel and meaningless....I don't know what you think you are accomplishing in here, but when drawn out in the slightest we learn just how silly your ideas are. From flooding the monetary supply without the slightest thought to what that actually does to inflation, to some convoluted idea that increasing government programs like unemployment insurance/compliance, and welfare programs will somehow decrease the size and scope of government...

    In fact your rouse of saying you want "more efficient government" has nothing to do with size of government does it? Nor does it have anything to do with making anyone's life better, it is just plain crap that you either read from communist websites and thought sounded smart, or some teacher in your high school thought he could get away with filling your head with instead of World History, or Math...

    Look, if you want to discuss the aspects of Socialism that have crept in to this country through over a hundred years of progressive twisting, and lying then we can discuss that, but do me a favor, and just drop the whole pseudo intellectual speak, it doesn't make you look smart, just covering up what you can't answer.

    So, unless you can actually speak to the issue that promotes a dialog that allows both of us to understand what the other is talking about, then we are done...I won't waste my time with people that conduct themselves that way...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1018
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am not going to re post the question because if you wanted to answer it in the first place you could have. I know you read it...I take your refusal to address the question as an admission that my premise of the question was right on...

    You speak of fallacies, hell you've been committing a fallacy of ambiguity since your first post in this thread...And the fact that when presented with opportunity to actually bring light to your "Cause" you resort to the comfort of pablum that is in reality pamphlet driven drivel and meaningless....I don't know what you think you are accomplishing in here, but when drawn out in the slightest we learn just how silly your ideas are. From flooding the monetary supply without the slightest thought to what that actually does to inflation, to some convoluted idea that increasing government programs like unemployment insurance/compliance, and welfare programs will somehow decrease the size and scope of government...

    In fact your rouse of saying you want "more efficient government" has nothing to do with size of government does it? Nor does it have anything to do with making anyone's life better, it is just plain crap that you either read from communist websites and thought sounded smart, or some teacher in your high school thought he could get away with filling your head with instead of World History, or Math...

    Look, if you want to discuss the aspects of Socialism that have crept in to this country through over a hundred years of progressive twisting, and lying then we can discuss that, but do me a favor, and just drop the whole pseudo intellectual speak, it doesn't make you look smart, just covering up what you can't answer.

    So, unless you can actually speak to the issue that promotes a dialog that allows both of us to understand what the other is talking about, then we are done...I won't waste my time with people that conduct themselves that way...
    not at all; if you want to establish confidence in your sincerity, you need to post your assertion each and every time it becomes a contention, or lose the point and the argument you never had and could not seem to come up with.

    i do it out of practice, and to ensure i don't lose the point and argument i usually tend to have.

  9. #1019
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    not at all; if you want to establish confidence in your sincerity, you need to post your assertion each and every time it becomes a contention, or lose the point and the argument you never had and could not seem to come up with.

    i do it out of practice, and to ensure i don't lose the point and argument i usually tend to have.
    What argument? All I see from you is brochure pablum....LOL...

    You "do it out of practice"? What the hell does that mean?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1020
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Economy adds 192,000 jobs; unemployment rate holds steady at 6.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What argument? All I see from you is brochure pablum....LOL...

    You "do it out of practice"? What the hell does that mean?
    don't worry; after thrice i just consider it a vice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •