Page 87 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #861
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,743

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Can't blame Mozilla for responding to free market rinciples and acting to protect the company's image.
    i can blame them for wimping out.

  2. #862
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,869

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    You are wrong. Has the New York Yankee organization, for example, stripped the rights of the Boston Red Sox of playing in a sumptuous palace like Yankees Stadium? Boston can play in a sumptuous palace like Yankee Stadium.. They just have to build one, themselves. Also, Boston can play baseball.. So, no rights stripped there, either.
    Is this another version of 'they can marry opposite sex partners like anyone else?' If so I have no interest debating that silly notion.

    Gay rights activists always get it wrong (intentionally). Does anyone strip or prevent gays from entering into a legal union? No. Can this union have all the rights and responsibilities of marriage? Yes, with legislation. WHAT THE HECK ARE GAYS COMPLAINING ABOUT? That gay relationships aren't considered on the same vein as hetro relationships? Well.. they aren't the same.
    But you do understand the amendment was intended to PROHIBIT legislators, forever, from recognizing gay marriage. And yes, in California at that time civil unions were legal, but the reason 40 million was poured into that referendum was because it was believed then that it had national implications. And in my state, civil unions aren't legal, like most states.

    BTW, the last bit just gives you away. You don't want them to have the same marriage rights, and so support the position the CEO took, and therefore object to the outrage/protests based on what was being protested. That's fine, but don't pretend that something else is at work.

  3. #863
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    By his 'actions' you mean the $1000 he contributed? Many people did the same thing. Should they all lose their jobs because it might harm their companies reputation? What does it say to anyone else who might oppose Gay marriage, or any other controversial subject?

    We can see that Leftists will silence speakers with whom they disagree, as well as personally attack anyone who threatens their POV. It has become the same with Global Warming.
    Yeah, sure it has. It's all a big conspiracy.

  4. #864
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,743

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm actually not condemning Eich for his decision to stand up to them. As I've said several times in this thread it's an ethical dilemma everyone faces: acquiesce and keep your job, or stand up for your principals and risk losing it. Eich chose the latter. It's naive to think one should never face any risks for standing up for your principals. It's certainly naive to think that Mozilla didn't have the right for standing up for theirs. It's hypocritical if nothing else.
    so everyone should just roll over to your opinion or else be fired. no thanks we live in american not north korea
    we don't punish people for opposing opinions. north korea does though.

  5. #865
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    so everyone should just roll over to your opinion or else be fired. no thanks we live in american not north korea
    we don't punish people for opposing opinions. north korea does though.
    The government was not responsible for Mozilla's CEO to step down. It was the people who protested.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #866
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,743

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    By his 'actions' you mean the $1000 he contributed? Many people did the same thing. Should they all lose their jobs because it might harm their companies reputation? What does it say to anyone else who might oppose Gay marriage, or any other controversial subject?

    We can see that Leftists will silence speakers with whom they disagree, as well as personally attack anyone who threatens their POV. It has become the same with Global Warming.
    according to this thought police yes they should all be fired. that is what thought policing is. the silencing of opinion through force.
    of course that doesn't stop them from doing the same thing.

    you would see a dozen of lawsuits if the name of these protesters got released and they were fired for damaging their companies interest.
    maybe that is what should happen though. these protestors have damaged their companies reputation so they should be fired as well.

  7. #867
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,743

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    The government was not responsible for Mozilla's CEO to step down. It was the people who protested.
    no one said anything about the government stop strawmaning. we live in the US not north korea.
    if they want to act like we are in north korea then we can treat them like we live in north korea.

    by protesting the way that they did they damaged the image of their company and their companies values. they should be fired for that or do you not agree?
    i mean if you want to thought police then lets thought police.

  8. #868
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Is this another version of 'they can marry opposite sex partners like anyone else?' If so I have no interest debating that silly notion.



    But you do understand the amendment was intended to PROHIBIT legislators, forever, from recognizing gay marriage. And yes, in California at that time civil unions were legal, but the reason 40 million was poured into that referendum was because it was believed then that it had national implications. And in my state, civil unions aren't legal, like most states.

    BTW, the last bit just gives you away. You don't want them to have the same marriage rights, and so support the position the CEO took, and therefore object to the outrage/protests based on what was being protested. That's fine, but don't pretend that something else is at work.
    Ah, Jeeze, another 'reason' for gay rights activists to make gay marriage a mainstream topic. Let's disregard the rights and preferences of a majority of Americans to please a few who feel left out (as in not considered mainstream). If gay rights activists put as much energy into getting every state to legally give unions all the rights and responsibilities of marriage, there wouldn't be this redefinition (by the legal few) of marriage. And you'd be witnessing compromise in action... maybe for the first time in many years in American politics.

    Just read your last paragraph. You couldn't be further from the truth. Isn't that called a straw man argument, hum?

  9. #869
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no one said anything about the government stop strawmaning. we live in the US not north korea.
    if they want to act like we are in north korea then we can treat them like we live in north korea.

    by protesting the way that they did they damaged the image of their company and their companies values. they should be fired for that or do you not agree?
    i mean if you want to thought police then lets thought police.
    The protesters were using their freedom of speech and right to protest.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #870
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,869

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    By his 'actions' you mean the $1000 he contributed? Many people did the same thing. Should they all lose their jobs because it might harm their companies reputation? What does it say to anyone else who might oppose Gay marriage, or any other controversial subject?

    We can see that Leftists will silence speakers with whom they disagree, as well as personally attack anyone who threatens their POV. It has become the same with Global Warming.
    Leftist seem to be doing a bad job of 'silencing' speakers with whom they disagree. And I love how protests from the left are 'personal attacks.' Ever hear any right winger on the radio talk about Obama? Lordy, I haven't been here long, but I'm expecting to find lots of thread protesting the personal nature of those attacks! LMAO.

    The CEO is the face of the company. That's part of why they get the big bucks. When the face of the company holds public views contrary to key demographics related to his business, and wants to enforce those views on others through a constitutional amendment, he should probably expect some backlash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •