Page 75 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #741
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,368

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Who gets to decide which personal views are more equal than others?
    Logic and reason.

  2. #742
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It may not be "marriage" for religious purposes, but from the point of view of the state, which is all anyone is arguing about, marriage is what the state says it is.
    You're treating the state as though it were a sentient being. It's not. It doesn't have a mind of it's own. The State represents the people. The question of how to define marriage was asked of the people of California and they spoke.

  3. #743
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,846

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Seriously, you don't mean to argue that a man can marry a man, do you? That's not marriage. Get it?
    It is in my state. And several others. Soon it will be all.

    That is marriage.

    Get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #744
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,846

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Who gets to decide which personal views are more equal than others?
    SSM is not any more or less equal. That doesnt actually make sense.

    SSM is equal for American citizens....your personal view is just that...personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #745
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    This case has nothing to do with the government.
    It has everything to do with government...

    Government wants to steal my capital gains and redistribute that to others....

    It's not worth it for me to start a business - hell my family had one and they had to shut it down because the economy was nasty and the government was greedy.

    Honestly, the worst part is that I'm in the prime of my life and the only thing that is stopping me from being a successful business owner is government taxes and regulations....

    Government wants their hand in everything and if that is their agenda then my dream needs to sit until I have a government that respects small businesses - instead of bleeding them dry.

    In reality government is doing nothing more than regulating small businesses while they sit there and lie and claim they promote such ideas. Obama and his progressive ilk are nothing more than liars who do the exact opposite of what they claim.

  6. #746
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,889

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It has everything to do with government...

    Government wants to steal my capital gains and redistribute that to others....

    It's not worth it for me to start a business - hell my family had one and they had to shut it down because the economy was nasty and the government was greedy.

    Honestly, the worst part is that I'm in the prime of my life and the only thing that is stopping me from being a successful business owner is government taxes and regulations....

    Government wants their hand in everything and if that is their agenda then my dream needs to sit until I have a government that respects small businesses - instead of bleeding them dry.

    In reality government is doing nothing more than regulating small businesses while they sit there and lie and claim they promote such ideas. Obama and his progressive ilk are nothing more than liars who do the exact opposite of what they claim.
    Exactly none of which has a lick to do with Mozilla making its decision to distance itself from a potential PR liability. Sell your rant someplace else.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #747
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,339

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    The way I see it Brandon Eich was asked to step down from his position because in 2008 he provided material support
    to a proposition that said marriage was between a man and a woman.
    Under that criteria President Obama should also step down, because in 2008 He said the same thing on CNN,
    Barack Obama on Gay Marriage - YouTube
    Thus providing support to the same concept.

  8. #748
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Obama didn't hide that fact and thereby trick someone into hiring him.
    Given that he was actually in favor of SSM at the time, and only adopted the position that he did in order to win the election of 2008, yes, in fact, he did.

  9. #749
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Exactly none of which has a lick to do with Mozilla making its decision to distance itself from a potential PR liability. Sell your rant someplace else.
    It was made into a PR liability by people wishing to silence dissent by targeting individuals to intimidate others. And they are absolutely willing to use government to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock[/quote
    Who gets to decide which personal views are more equal than others?
    Logic and reason.
    Incorrect - everyone will simply then disagree on what "logic and reason" say. The people who win are those who can garner the most public support.

  10. #750
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,847
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Exactly none of which has a lick to do with Mozilla making its decision to distance itself from a potential PR liability. Sell your rant someplace else.
    Indeed. And who could blame Stalin for murdering 15,000 Polish officers in the Katyn Forest to distance himself from a potential PR liability?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •