Page 29 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #281
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,846

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    "seems" he did things that supported the fight against equal rights for gays and maybe even bigoted things, but they are legal and thats his right
    seems employees found out about it and voiced their disapproval
    seems customers found out about and voiced their disapproval
    then it seems he stepped down

    now i havent looked up many articles on this YET but so far i see ZERO issue with this, why should I?
    Exactly. You have the right to be a bigot.

    But you shouldnt expect not to pay the consequences for that if you act on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #282
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    Campaigning to get another employee fired seems rather hostile.
    what?
    how old are you do you work? that is very common

    but thats an opinion you are allowed to have but again unless it fits a legal definition or policy definition and theres proof its meaningless.

    NOT saying they are the same im just making an extreme example to show its not a black white issue but what about this.

    If I worked at an elementary school and found out the principle supported nambla and was a sex offender in another country id most certainly "campaign to get him fired"

    and again unless it BROKE THE LAW or VIOLATED company policy its meaningless

    so do you have proof this was done? if not its meaningless
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #283
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Exactly. You have the right to be a bigot.

    But you shouldnt expect not to pay the consequences for that if you act on it.
    correct. He is a bigot and has a right to be a bigot and others have a right to point that fact out
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #284
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,367

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    Why would his opinion be embarrassing? Heck , their Mozzila own press release says the value of the opinions and diversity of all their employees. Even praises public actions, which Eich did not do .
    Did you not read any article or the OP?

    "We know why people are hurt and angry, and they are right: it’s because we haven’t stayed true to ourselves," wrote executive chairwoman Mitchell Baker.

  5. #285
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Seems to me like Eich dodged a bullet. From what I read, he donated money to a California Proposition a majority of the voters agreed with him on.

    Now, the PC police think that bit of history is enough to destroy a mans career. Just as they did to countless business owners throughout the state, the rabid hypocrites in the LGBT community see a policy of "destroy" as the proper way to address differences in philosophy.

    Oh well. Their reputation is certainly getting carved deeper in stone.
    If you want people to not use their rights to speech and association to heap social discouragement on another's rights, than those rights would have to be restricted for one party and not another.

  6. #286
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,846

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post

    How do you think gays were treated compared to blacks and women? They can vote, don't have to move from the buss, can live together and have no crimes against their lifestyle... The comparisons and straw mans back to Civil Rights era and women's suffrage stuff needs to stop, the issues aren't comparable and the arguments/defenses are also different. It's just a cheap vilification tactic to paint opposition as evil people in an attempt to also justify the hate and discrimination against them.
    How old are you? Do you remember blacks fighting for their civil rights? I do. Do you remember the feminist movement of the 70s? I do. (altho the main fight was for sufferage in the 20s and I DO NOT remember that, lol)

    Do you remember how gays were treated prior to the mid 80s? No? Because they were mostly hidden. They did not come out and exercise their rights fully. If they did, they sure were beaten, fired, kicked out of places, even killed. It happens even now. They had to hide who and what they were. They still do in many cases. Gays have been not and still are not offered equal opportunities when their orientation is known. And they are often physically and verbally abused when it is known.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #287
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    If you want people to not use their rights to speech and association to heap social discouragement on another's rights, than those rights would have to be restricted for one party and not another.
    Hmmm.

    Actually, it's not quite like that.

    Again, what I see has happened in this case is the thought police have successfully destroyed a man's career because he didn't fit the agenda they developed after the fact.

    Personally I find that ridiculous, and extremely dangerous. However, that is the environment we currently live in.

  8. #288
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    How old are you? Do you remember blacks fighting for their civil rights? I do. Do you remember the feminist movement of the 70s? I do. (altho the main fight was for sufferage in the 20s and I DO NOT remember that, lol)

    Do you remember how gays were treated prior to the mid 80s? No? Because they were mostly hidden. They did not come out and exercise their rights fully. If they did, they sure were beaten, fired, kicked out of places, even killed. It happens even now. They had to hide who and what they were. They still do in many cases. Gays have been not and still are not offered equal opportunities when their orientation is known. And they are often physically and verbally abused when it is known.
    It's a valid point. For Christ's sake, at least black people were allowed to be black (even if it wasn't always the best career path).

  9. #289
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hmmm.

    Actually, it's not quite like that.

    Again, what I see has happened in this case is the thought police have successfully destroyed a man's career because he didn't fit the agenda they developed after the fact.

    Personally I find that ridiculous, and extremely dangerous. However, that is the environment we currently live in.
    People have lost their jobs throughout the entire history of the US for having opinions outside of some group's mainstream. This is nothing new. It is simple human nature to police thought within the community and really has been for most of history a useful survival mechanism part of a greater group of similar mechanisms that we happen to call morality. Also, this is something every group does and the pendulum simply swings back and forth over the years. There are times where conservatives are more likely to do it (the 60s, mccarthyism) and times when liberals are more likely to do it.

    But yes, it is like that. People have the right to free speech and association, largely to whatever ends an individual sees fit. If an individual or group of individuals sees fit to use that right to encourage their chosen culture and defend against those who run the risk of infringing on their culture, that is normal human behavior that we simply try to idealize ourselves away from (and almost always unsuccessfully if you look throughout history).

  10. #290
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hmmm.

    Actually, it's not quite like that.

    Again, what I see has happened in this case is the thought police have successfully destroyed a man's career because he didn't fit the agenda they developed after the fact.

    Personally I find that ridiculous, and extremely dangerous. However, that is the environment we currently live in.
    After the fact? You're being obtuse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •