Page 165 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1641
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, by posting that you weren't making a commentary on how that letter was wrong somehow? Ok, fine, then you posted it for nothing....Mozilla can also do what they want. If they want to cave to liberal bullies that's their business.
    I was simply pointing out right-wing hypocrisy for what it is. How many people who are castigating Mozilla for their supposed actions gave a crap when Mr. Anti-Obama CEO was making his threats? My guess is zero.

    Do I think it was wrong? If the CEO of my work started threatening my employment based on how I voted, I'd start looking for a new job tomorrow. It was legal; however, I certainly don't think it was right. That's a rotten way to deal with people, and that CEO sounds like a real asshole.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    As far as Eich resigning on his own, that is true, but I have no doubt that a conversation went on that went something like 'either you can tender your resignation Mr. Eich, or we can hold a vote and publicly remove you.'

    Yes, that would be totally on his own....
    Not by the accounts of the board, it didn't. And we must remember (if you read the NYT link I posted earlier) that Mozilla's board, due to several departures shortly before this turned into a ****storm, consisted of TWO PEOPLE. And they said they offered him a place to stay in the company.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #1642
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I didn't think it was possible, but it is....In my years of posting on debate sites I have never put anyone on "ignore" largely because I think that even if irritating, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to talk politics one has to have a thick skin.

    However, it is clear that Agent J is not on these forums to discuss anything. He is abusive, conceited, arrogant, and a chronic liar about others and what they post. It is impossible to converse with this individual because he doesn't come in here to discuss anything. He is like the person that comes in just to kick everything over, and get into fights...Rarely if ever do I see him actually add anything to a discussion unless relentless insulting others is adding.

    I am disappointed in this, and hope that in the future he moderates his attitude. But for now, I won't be reading anything he has to say, because it is all crap anyway.
    LOL i accept your concession, next time you wont post lies

    when you are ready to stick to the topic and defend your failed claims let us know, all you have to do is explain why you only like free speech for the people you agree with and not others
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1643
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, by posting that you weren't making a commentary on how that letter was wrong somehow? Ok, fine, then you posted it for nothing....Mozilla can also do what they want. If they want to cave to liberal bullies that's their business.

    As far as Eich resigning on his own, that is true, but I have no doubt that a conversation went on that went something like 'either you can tender your resignation Mr. Eich, or we can hold a vote and publicly remove you.'

    Yes, that would be totally on his own....
    you mean Mo made what they thought was a smart business decision based on the free speech of employees and costumers, many who are conservatives not just liberals lol Why make stuff up?
    another failed strawman
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1644
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,332

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I was simply pointing out right-wing hypocrisy for what it is. How many people who are castigating Mozilla for their supposed actions gave a crap when Mr. Anti-Obama CEO was making his threats? My guess is zero.
    Just remember Kobie, as you so often "point" there are three fingers point right back at ya....

    Do I think it was wrong? If the CEO of my work started threatening my employment based on how I voted, I'd start looking for a new job tomorrow. It was legal; however, I certainly don't think it was right. That's a rotten way to deal with people, and that CEO sounds like a real asshole.
    Wait, do you have proof that the CEO actually followed through with letting people go? I find it funny that liberals often love to meddle in what others do, how they think, and yes, even with the votes they cast, but let that come back at them, and they get all beside themselves with feigned outrage....

    Not by the accounts of the board, it didn't. And we must remember (if you read the NYT link I posted earlier) that Mozilla's board, due to several departures shortly before this turned into a ****storm, consisted of TWO PEOPLE. And they said they offered him a place to stay in the company.
    Yeah, I read the NYSlimes article you posted...It all seemed like Mozilla board members covering their asses....And the Slimes was right on board with helping that appearance....Why? Because they agree with the leftist agenda.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1645
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    1.)Thanks, it saved me time.
    2.)The intent of that bill is very clear and to say it has nothing to do with outlawing marriage for gay people IS being highly dishonest.
    1.)You're welcome i have a habit of pointing out lies and dishonesty.
    2.) 100% correct that was the intent of the bill, it was to outlaw gay marriage
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1646
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Just remember Kobie, as you so often "point" there are three fingers point right back at ya....



    Wait, do you have proof that the CEO actually followed through with letting people go? I find it funny that liberals often love to meddle in what others do, how they think, and yes, even with the votes they cast, but let that come back at them, and they get all beside themselves with feigned outrage....



    Yeah, I read the NYSlimes article you posted...It all seemed like Mozilla board members covering their asses....And the Slimes was right on board with helping that appearance....Why? Because they agree with the leftist agenda.
    more failed strawmen

    lets just ignore the fact that more the "liberals" and "leftists" support free speech and or equal rights for gays
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1647
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Just remember Kobie, as you so often "point" there are three fingers point right back at ya....
    Cool story, bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wait, do you have proof that the CEO actually followed through with letting people go?
    So it's OK to threaten people as long as you don't mean it?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I find it funny that liberals often love to meddle in what others do, how they think, and yes, even with the votes they cast, but let that come back at them, and they get all beside themselves with feigned outrage....
    I don't even know what the **** this is supposed to mean. Are you claiming that conservatives DON'T love to meddle in what others do, think and how they vote? Because that's news to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, I read the NYSlimes article you posted...It all seemed like Mozilla board members covering their asses....And the Slimes was right on board with helping that appearance....Why? Because they agree with the leftist agenda.


    This entire post is just your normal worthless twaddle.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #1648
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Eich is a genius quite apart from his inventions, and apart from standing on his principles..

    Mozilla probably will pay him a ton of money, he will have no problem going elsewhere or founding and financing his own company, and there is a growing boycott against Mozilla.
    I hope it's true about having to pay him a lot.

    I still haven't figured out what exactly the Eich opponents were looking to gain by this, except the hopes that they ruined his life, and some sort of symbolic win. They didn't ruin his life, and the symbolic win won't help them garner public support beyond what they already had.

  9. #1649
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I hope it's true about having to pay him a lot.

    I still haven't figured out what exactly the Eich opponents were looking to gain by this, except the hopes that they ruined his life, and some sort of symbolic win. They didn't ruin his life, and the symbolic win won't help them garner public support beyond what they already had.
    Depends on which "Eich opponents" you're referring to.

    1. The people who worked at Mozilla made it unequivocally clear that they had a big problem working for this guy. Certainly sounds to me like they got exactly what they wanted.

    2. OKCupid (whose "anti-Eichness" appeared to be limited to asking Mozilla users nicely not to use Firefox to access OKCupid) didn't get anything.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #1650
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,952
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Cool story, bro.



    So it's OK to threaten people as long as you don't mean it?



    I don't even know what the **** this is supposed to mean. Are you claiming that conservatives DON'T love to meddle in what others do, think and how they vote? Because that's news to me.





    This entire post is just your normal worthless twaddle.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I hope it's true about having to pay him a lot.

    I still haven't figured out what exactly the Eich opponents were looking to gain by this, except the hopes that they ruined his life, and some sort of symbolic win. They didn't ruin his life, and the symbolic win won't help them garner public support beyond what they already had.
    This is the most thoughtful discussion of the issue I have seen.

    Pluralism and the Case of Brendan Eich - Ross Douthat, New York Times

    " . . . . This mix of stringency in requirements and expansiveness in application obviously raises certain issues for any social conservative currently employed in a high-ranking position, or interested in ascending the career ladder, in many elite professions. (Could a figure like Robert George get tenure at Princeton today? I’m not so sure.) But it also raises issues for institutional pluralism more broadly, because the way people behave within their own communities when a debate is seen to be settled often has at least some connection to how they behave when given legal and political power in society writ large. That is, while it’s true that a healthy pluralism inevitably involves community norms and community policing in some form, I suspect that an elite culture that enforces the new norms on marriage this strictly, and polices its own ranks this rigorously, is likely to find reasons (and, indeed, is already adept at finding them) to become increasingly anti-pluralist whenever it has the chance to enforce those same norms on society as a whole.


    Or to bring it to a still-blunter point: In the name of pluralism, and the liberty of groups as well as individuals, I would gladly trade the career prospects of some religious conservatives in some situations — not exempting myself from that list — if doing so would protect my own church’s liberty (and the liberties of other, similarly-situated groups) to run its schools and hospitals and charities as it sees fit. But the specifics of the way that Eich was treated, the demands made and the tests imposed, makes me a little more worried that such a deal, and such a pluralism, may not ultimately be on offer."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •