Page 164 of 179 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1631
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Funny you should say that (see below).

    And I think you are mistaking us. We aren't saying that this behavior is illegal, only that it is wrong. Attempting to use threats to silence opposition rather than attempting to convince a majority of your countrymen is wrong.



    Yeah - so are political donations, right?
    This is incredible!!! All Americans should be raising Hell about this and demanding some honest responses from their political representatives. The question still remains whether the MSM will do ths story justice. The Leftists will naturally try to cover it up.
    The document leaked by the anonymous IRS employee contained the names and addresses of all those who gave money to NOM in 2007. In testimony before Congress, NOM chairman John Eastman accused the IRS of publicizing the list “to facilitate the intimidation of donors.” He talks of a “campaign of harassment and intimidation” against the organization’s financial backers that has included boycotts of their business, physical assault, and the vandalizing of private property.

  2. #1632
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    1.)We are supposedly having a conversation, so I am trying to understand. Accusing me of "making up lies" is not any civil way that I know of to have a conversation. It is simply just a very defensive way to bully people.
    2.)Yes, you did, however not without it's own vagueness, which led to the post I replied with, and you seemed to take offense at. Look, if you just want people to agree with you without clarification, then maybe you are in the wrong place.
    3.)No, I am not ranting, I am, like I said trying to understand. Unless you simply want to have a 200 page thread filled with childish back and fourths, and name calling such as you display here?
    4.)Ok J, This sentence is fair. Maybe I should have posed the inquiry in a more straight forward question format, but I honestly thought that it read as though we were just talking....I couldn't imagine that you could twist it into some sort of attack....I was wrong.
    5.) But, then let me ask, are you saying that once they step over the line to actually donate, (a protected right of free speech by the SC) then they are subject to this sort of attack?
    6.) Totally unnecessary attack.
    7.)Odd. Many forms of "harassment" can be carried out without seemingly breaking a law.
    8.)You could. However, I could then take your tact and ask you to prove that Eich in his business life used his personal beliefs to discriminate....
    9.)See, I don't think I am being a hypocrite. How does one do that by just asking questions? If anything, I think your ultra defensiveness, displayed by how often in this post alone you feel the need to jerkishly attacking me personally.
    10.)This isn't about me. And I am not stifling anyone's free speech....Notice, I am not the one in here trying so hard to dismiss others posts through personal attack.
    11.)I am not making an argument. I am asking questions.
    12.)What was it you said about constructing strawmen? Seems that is exactly what this is.


    1,) facts arent bullying anybody you did make up lies. I said A and you accused me of saying XYZ. thats a lie
    2.) people agreeing with me is meanginless and this strawman completely fails i was simply pointing out the factual BS you made up
    3.) its really simple if you want to understand you ASK.
    4.) correct 100% your mistake and a very illogical one
    5.) did i mention attack???????
    nope i asked what a bigot is and you are continuing on your left field rant.
    define "attack" which is complete subjective and unless it breaks the law or violates rights is meaningless
    you dont say "oh my i cant believe you hate all X and dont like Y, how could anybody not like X and Y I dont understand" and then say, oh i was just asking a question lol
    thats PURE dishonesty and hyperbolic ranting and thats why it failed so completely bad
    6.) your welcome to this opinion but the theres evidence backing up my statement. ALso thank you for further proving my point about your meaningless opinion of what attack is. You just called my free speech an attack. While theres no right and wrong answer to that, its just your opinion and meaningless to rights. If this was the LEGAL standard the vast majority of us would be in trouble, luckily its not.
    7.) true and if they dont break the law or violate rights your opinion of them is meaningless, nothign odd about it, that was exactly my point. I could call a protest harassment so what we all have free speech. Glad you understand now.
    8.) and i could also do the same, the reverse could always bee done with your failed starwman thats why it doesnt work. We all have the same rights.
    9.) thank you for further proving me right, You are soooo "attacked" in my post lol pointing our facts how dare I lol
    the HUGE hypocrisy is that you made things in your post up and you want the CEO to have freedom of speech but not the workers and customers. We all have it. Sorry that bothers you.
    10.) BAM! theres your strawman again, claiming you are being attacked instead of defending your failed claim and the fallacies you posted.
    Point is you dont like the workers and customers practiced thier free speech
    11.) your very own words prove otherwise
    12.) seems you dont know what a strawman is, mine was a clear cut question, see the question mark? lol and if this isnt what you are suggesting again your whole argument fails even more about "attacks"
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1633
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    13.)Only if you think that blasting out insults, and mis-characterizing what I said proves anything wrong...That I believe is a fallacious thinking on your part. The shame is, that I think you're a pretty bright guy, and could have some really good conversations on issues, but until that chip on your shoulder is set aside, I fear that you will only continue to provide vitriol, and attack to those with differing views than your own.
    14.)Although, what OKCupid did here, I guess you could argue was free speech, it was harassment in the sense that they informed their users that they would no longer use Mozilla as a browser until Eich was out. That to me crosses a line, attacking the business until an action is taken by the business. And to me it has some dark undertones of fascist suppression of speech that is not ethical.
    15.)So, did they break a law? No, I don't think so, but I am not a lawyer, I guess it depends on the complete story on what OKCupid said about Eich, and what he can prove damaged him....That would be slander, and hard to prove.
    16.)It's kind of simple really. We have a culture now trying to take hold, that everyone must agree with the mob, or not dare to speak up, otherwise they will be destroyed. I think that is dangerous.
    17.)Threats are for bullies....
    18.)Is that the point you are so trying to get across J? I guess in a way that IS what this is about...
    19.) I have no problem with free speech, but don't think for a second that I have to agree with what you say to be a proponent of such. Just as OKCupid didn't have to agree with Mr. Eich's donation years ago.
    20.) But, I don't have the right to go into your business and have you resign for what you say in here
    21.) they don't have the right to demand that he be let go because they disagree with him.
    22.)Now, a challenge for you J. Let's see if you can post to me without breaking rules, or spewing venomous attacks. I would love to see you put that energy into thoughtful posting rather than what you think is clever, not so veiled attacks.
    13.) attack attack attack deflection attack. Still no evidence of the lies you claimed i said logic behind your claims.

    like i said take my advice and your posts wont fail so bad. DOnt make stuff up, be honest and youll have better success, the issues is all yours and theres zero chip on my shoulder that just further proves how little you know about me lol

    14.) nobody was "attacked" drop that hilarious rhetoric.

    its ALL FREE SPEECH, all of it. SOme of it YOU just dont like.

    this is nothing new has been going on for ever and its all free speech. If you dont like it theres others country that dont have it or simply come up with a better solution. How would you fix free speech and still keep it free speech.

    Person A said somethign and donated to a cause to deny rights
    People B said they didnt like it, told others they didnt like it , some boycotted because they didnt like it and they suggested others boycott also

    all free speech

    15.) no laws were broken so its free speech, If laws are found to be broken then punish those crimes untill then this is nothing new and how free speech works

    16.) this isnt happening AT ALL lol

    and what evidence of that is there?
    when did this start? when minorities were fighting for rights? when women were? when people were fighting for interracial marriage? when people outted political, educational, law enforcement, government officials for thier views? when people out leaders of orgs for something that goes against that company?

    why is THIS case treated like somethign new when all it is is free speech and its been going on for a very long time? again what your solution?


    17.) threats? LMAO what threat? you like to make a lot up dont you? DOes just makign stuff up usually work in your posts because its not here

    18.) the point was you asked what is a bigot and you havent mentioned it since not even in this post
    the point is you asked a question and i answered, it was a VERY simply question and a very simple answer and somehow you are now talking about attacks and force and black dark places and havent even mention what makes a bigot again. Thats the point. The point was your straw men and left field rant failed and when i pointed out the dishonesty of your posts you simply just kept going further off in some other direstion.

    If you are TRULY and HONESTLY asking me questions and want to understand why have you not ask me anything about the word BIGOT again since thats all i answered? oh wait i know because you made things up and went in a totally different direction moving the goal post to somethign else.

    19.) good grief do you have anything that isnt a failed starwman? when did i say you have to agree with me?
    anyway your posts prove you dont like free speech because you labeled one type as free speech and the other is attacking and harassment etc etc VERY telling

    20.) good thing this never factually happened then huh?

    21.) WRONG, they (workers and customers) absolute can SAY this and that's exactly what free speech is, thanks you for proving you dont understand that fact.

    22.) already did this since i broke no rules or "venomously attacked" you LMAO

    let me know when you are ready to admit you were factually wrong with your assumptions and strawmen and that you are not trying to understand your original question in any means what so ever
    also please back up your false claim that people dont have the free speech to ask for someone to be fired
    lastly free speech is for us ALL, not just those you agree with if you think thats wrong give me your solution?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1634
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    100% correct


    your post was factually wrong, he did donate to try and outlaw legal marriage for some people. Saying otherwise is a flat out lie.
    Thanks, it saved me time. The intent of that bill is very clear and to say it has nothing to do with outlawing marriage for gay people IS being highly dishonest.

  5. #1635
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Well, I didn't think it was possible, but it is....In my years of posting on debate sites I have never put anyone on "ignore" largely because I think that even if irritating, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to talk politics one has to have a thick skin.

    However, it is clear that Agent J is not on these forums to discuss anything. He is abusive, conceited, arrogant, and a chronic liar about others and what they post. It is impossible to converse with this individual because he doesn't come in here to discuss anything. He is like the person that comes in just to kick everything over, and get into fights...Rarely if ever do I see him actually add anything to a discussion unless relentless insulting others is adding.

    I am disappointed in this, and hope that in the future he moderates his attitude. But for now, I won't be reading anything he has to say, because it is all crap anyway.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1636
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    I'm sorry to break the news but only 4 states make it illegal to not be fired for political activities outside of work hours. That is "California, Colorado, New York and North Dakota, also have what is known as lifestyle discrimination statutes that protect employees’ off-duty political activity." All others can most certainly be fired if they are involved in outside activities of the wrong political group of your boss or company and they don't like it.

    Quote from: Talking Politics At Work Can Get You Fired - Forbes

  7. #1637
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I see, only the actions you agree with should be protected. Convenient. I've donated to pro-life groups before, should I be fired over that? If my boss is pro-life and an employee donates to an abortion advocacy group, I assume you'd be fine if the employee was fired over that.
    Someone can get fired for just volunteering time on the weekend if a company or boss disagree with it. That is fact except in four states.

  8. #1638
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Eh, it is HIS company....He can do whatever he wants with it.... That you think he can't is disturbing.
    Do you deal exclusively in strawmen? Where did I say he "can't" do it? Of course he "can." It's a scuzzy thing to do, but he has every right to do it. Just like Mozilla has every right to force out their CEO, which by all accounts didn't happen. He quit on his own volition.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #1639
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Do you deal exclusively in strawmen? Where did I say he "can't" do it? Of course he "can." It's a scuzzy thing to do, but he has every right to do it. Just like Mozilla has every right to force out their CEO, which by all accounts didn't happen. He quit on his own volition.
    So, by posting that you weren't making a commentary on how that letter was wrong somehow? Ok, fine, then you posted it for nothing....Mozilla can also do what they want. If they want to cave to liberal bullies that's their business.

    As far as Eich resigning on his own, that is true, but I have no doubt that a conversation went on that went something like 'either you can tender your resignation Mr. Eich, or we can hold a vote and publicly remove you.'

    Yes, that would be totally on his own....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1640
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, by posting that you weren't making a commentary on how that letter was wrong somehow? Ok, fine, then you posted it for nothing....Mozilla can also do what they want. If they want to cave to liberal bullies that's their business.

    As far as Eich resigning on his own, that is true, but I have no doubt that a conversation went on that went something like 'either you can tender your resignation Mr. Eich, or we can hold a vote and publicly remove you.'

    Yes, that would be totally on his own....
    Eich is a genius quite apart from his inventions, and apart from standing on his principles..

    Mozilla probably will pay him a ton of money, he will have no problem going elsewhere or founding and financing his own company, and there is a growing boycott against Mozilla.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •