Page 163 of 179 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1621
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Voting for obama and donating in a effort to deny rights are not synonymous. Not all actions are equal.

    Obama made a serious attempt to impose further violations on the people's right to keep and bear arms—a genuine right (unlike the imaginary “right” to radically redefine and corrupt the concept of marriage) that is explicitly affirmed and protected in the Constitution. It can be argued that anyone who voted for Obama, or who otherwise gave support to his campaigns, was acting to violate this right, as well as all of the other rights that Obama has attacked.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #1622
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)this isnt even close to anything i said. Please dont make up lies and try to seel them as mine
    We are supposedly having a conversation, so I am trying to understand. Accusing me of "making up lies" is not any civil way that I know of to have a conversation. It is simply just a very defensive way to bully people.

    you asked what makes one a "bigot"

    I answered
    Yes, you did, however not without it's own vagueness, which led to the post I replied with, and you seemed to take offense at. Look, if you just want people to agree with you without clarification, then maybe you are in the wrong place.

    now you are on some NEW rant about what people can do or freedoms which i never comment on. Nice strawman but its a HUGE failure.
    No, I am not ranting, I am, like I said trying to understand. Unless you simply want to have a 200 page thread filled with childish back and fourths, and name calling such as you display here?

    how did you even read my post and see the parts I highlighted above and then proceed to HONESTLY accuse me of saying they cant speck thier views publicly, holy cow could your post be more dishonest?
    Ok J, This sentence is fair. Maybe I should have posed the inquiry in a more straight forward question format, but I honestly thought that it read as though we were just talking....I couldn't imagine that you could twist it into some sort of attack....I was wrong. But, then let me ask, are you saying that once they step over the line to actually donate, (a protected right of free speech by the SC) then they are subject to this sort of attack?

    now to answer your questions since you dont seem to understand rights
    Totally unnecessary attack.

    your meaningless hyperbolic opinion of "attacking and harassment" is meaningless unless you have proof of broken laws.
    Odd. Many forms of "harassment" can be carried out without seemingly breaking a law.

    To use your failed starwman others could EASILY argue the opposite that trying to deny rights is extremely harassing and attacking.
    You could. However, I could then take your tact and ask you to prove that Eich in his business life used his personal beliefs to discriminate....

    BUT im not using that argument just point out the HUGE hypocrisy in your failed argument.
    See, I don't think I am being a hypocrite. How does one do that by just asking questions? If anything, I think your ultra defensiveness, displayed by how often in this post alone you feel the need to jerkishly attacking me personally.

    If you dont like free speech thats your issue.
    This isn't about me. And I am not stifling anyone's free speech....Notice, I am not the one in here trying so hard to dismiss others posts through personal attack.

    maybe make a better argument next time with bigger more emotional words to describe free speech.
    I am not making an argument. I am asking questions.

    are seriously implying that only the CEO has free speech? i hope not
    What was it you said about constructing strawmen? Seems that is exactly what this is.

    well number one of yours got easily destroyed and proven wrong. now number 2
    Only if you think that blasting out insults, and mis-characterizing what I said proves anything wrong...That I believe is a fallacious thinking on your part. The shame is, that I think you're a pretty bright guy, and could have some really good conversations on issues, but until that chip on your shoulder is set aside, I fear that you will only continue to provide vitriol, and attack to those with differing views than your own.

    2.) more hypocrisy. Its free speech from both sides you simply dont like one side.
    Although, what OKCupid did here, I guess you could argue was free speech, it was harassment in the sense that they informed their users that they would no longer use Mozilla as a browser until Eich was out. That to me crosses a line, attacking the business until an action is taken by the business. And to me it has some dark undertones of fascist suppression of speech that is not ethical.

    So, did they break a law? No, I don't think so, but I am not a lawyer, I guess it depends on the complete story on what OKCupid said about Eich, and what he can prove damaged him....That would be slander, and hard to prove.

    also be more specific with what you are claiming is being supported.
    It's kind of simple really. We have a culture now trying to take hold, that everyone must agree with the mob, or not dare to speak up, otherwise they will be destroyed. I think that is dangerous.

    so now in your next post you can stick to the original question i answered and not deflect and try to move the goal posts or we can continue with this new path and explain why you only think free speech you agree with is ok.
    Threats are for bullies....Is that the point you are so trying to get across J? I guess in a way that IS what this is about...I have no problem with free speech, but don't think for a second that I have to agree with what you say to be a proponent of such. Just as OKCupid didn't have to agree with Mr. Eich's donation years ago. But, I don't have the right to go into your business and have you resign for what you say in here, they don't have the right to demand that he be let go because they disagree with him.

    Now, a challenge for you J. Let's see if you can post to me without breaking rules, or spewing venomous attacks. I would love to see you put that energy into thoughtful posting rather than what you think is clever, not so veiled attacks.

    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1623
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  4. #1624
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    My question is really a simple one. I think it's always helpful, in order to determine if your positions are based on principle or simply rooting for your own team, is to envision a set of circumstances in which it's someone on your side of things that was treated the same way as what happened here. Would you reach the same conclusion or does your answer change if the leans or the views of person involved changes? Your reluctance to answer that is an answer in and of itself. I don't mean that to be accusatory, I think we're all prone to employ double standards from time to time and, really, would we spend so much time arguing our positions if we didn't truly believe them to be, well, just more right?
    Yeah, I figured it was something stupid like this. I cannot give a yes or no answer to a question that has an "it depends" answer. I would notice that my answer did in fact mention an example of someone I respect and admire who would never be hired for things he has said. So you can take your "double standard" claim, based on nothing but what you want to see and not what I have said, shine it up real nice and...well, you can guess.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1625
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Incorrect - by your own admission what is being targeted is his speech.
    Never claimed otherwise. As long as the government is not targeting his speech, it is not illegal.

    Let me flip it: you are free to believe what you want, but if you vote for anyone other than a Republican, you deserve to be targeted.
    Did you know votes are anonymous?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #1626
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Did you know votes are anonymous?
    Not with today's IRS, or courts....In fact, OKCupid wouldn't have even known this information on Eich if some liberal puke of a judge in CA did demand that donors lists be made public.....See, this is why someone should be able to donate anonymously....Because retched, hate filled liberals will go after those who don't donate the "right way"....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1627
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,080

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Never claimed otherwise. As long as the government is not targeting his speech, it is not illegal.
    Funny you should say that (see below).

    And I think you are mistaking us. We aren't saying that this behavior is illegal, only that it is wrong. Attempting to use threats to silence opposition rather than attempting to convince a majority of your countrymen is wrong.

    Did you know votes are anonymous?
    Yeah - so are political donations, right?

    ...A House committee investigating the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of right-leaning groups has identified the IRS agent who leaked the confidential donor list of the National Organization for Marriage, a conservative organization that opposes gay marriage. NOM’s donor list, contained in a Form 990 Schedule B, which it is required by law to file with the IRS, was obtained in March 2012 by its chief political opponent, the Human Rights Campaign, and subsequently became the subject of several national news stories that centered on Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s donation to the group....

  8. #1628
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Voting for obama and donating in a effort to deny rights are not synonymous. Not all actions are equal.
    Not donating money to Obama is racist.

  9. #1629
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    What part of "you can't be fired over political affiliations" do you not understand?
    They can now, if this catches on.

  10. #1630
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    There is obviously a strong need for mass public trials to determine who has ever been guilty of contributing to any homophobic causes, including the authors of the Defense of Marriage Act. I picture something along the lines of those South Korean weddings where everyone can be pronounced guilty at the same time and then be led off to some remote re-education camps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •