Page 160 of 179 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1591
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So if he's simply said that he supports the traditional definition of marriage, there would have been no pressure for him to step down? Is it really good public policy to say that donating your own private money to campaigns and charities others my disagree with is a good reason to fire somebody? You don't see how that could be misused?
    Speaking is an action.

    Companies are not public but privately owned by shareholders.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #1592
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So if he's simply said that he supports the traditional definition of marriage, there would have been no pressure for him to step down? Is it really good public policy to say that donating your own private money to campaigns and charities others my disagree with is a good reason to fire somebody? You don't see how that could be misused?
    Let's get started on the "Big Sort" already. Workplaces will be more efficient and more pleasant places to work when everyone doesn't have to worry about thought control, reeducation seminars and always having to bite their tongue. Liberals can create the kind of totalitarian workplaces that they desire and normal people can create pleasant work environments. Everyone will be happy. If you have cancer, there is little sense in putting off the treatment and taking vitamins as the cure - get the surgery or chemotherapy, get that cancer out of your body, suffer the trauma, heal from the surgery and get on with living and enjoying life. The sooner the better.

  3. #1593
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    The boss could obviously not fire the employee. That is against the law.
    Let me give you a civics lesson. Laws can be changed. There, problem solved.

  4. #1594
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Let me give you a civics lesson. Laws can be changed. There, problem solved.
    Thanks captain obvious.

    Currently the law prohobits termination on such a basis. Therefore, while the law is still upheld, it can't be done without repricussions
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  5. #1595
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Thanks captain obvious.

    Currently the law prohobits termination on such a basis. Therefore, while the law is still upheld, it can't be done without repricussions
    Let's all join hands and get to work on overturning these laws which violate human rights.

  6. #1596
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Well, yeah one day i want marry the one I love - so I do believe my right to do so should be protected.
    Yes, as long as someone espouses some position you support, you feel they should be protected, but if someone supports something you disagree with you don't. Ok.

    No one was fired, he was asked to step down since the ceo is the pinnacle of image for a company. Morzilla is pro gay rights and eich, apparently, is not. That's a conflict.

    If in your hypothetical the boss's establishment caters to a consumer base that is primarily pro life and, after the employee is promoted to head manager, it is revealed to the public that he donates to a pro abortion advocacy group, then of course I could understand ultimately agree with that boss's action to prptect his business's image. This would obviously mean not having a manager who is pro choice working such a high position in a pro life endorsing business

    The boss could obviously not fire the employee. That is against the law.
    So, since my boss is a Democrat, should he be able to fire me over my donations to pro-life groups or conservative groups?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  7. #1597
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Let's all join hands and get to work on overturning these laws which violate human rights.
    I don't think you'd want to touch man hand. It's brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  8. #1598
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Speaking is an action.

    Companies are not public but privately owned by shareholders.
    Well, that's interesting, isn't it? Is it your argument that since it's privately owned, it can hire, fire or pressure someone into not taking actions on their beliefs under threat of losing their jobs? I don't have a problem if that is your position, it just needs to be true for all positions.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #1599
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yes, as long as someone espouses some position you support, you feel they should be protected, but if someone supports something you disagree with you don't. Ok.



    So, since my boss is a Democrat, should he be able to fire me over my donations to pro-life groups or conservative groups?
    What part of "you can't be fired over political affiliations" do you not understand?

    Otherwise your managment can promote and demote you at their own discretion. Those decisions have been and always be based on your employers bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  10. #1600
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Well, that's interesting, isn't it? Is it your argument that since it's privately owned, it can hire, fire or pressure someone into not taking actions on their beliefs under threat of losing their jobs? I don't have a problem if that is your position, it just needs to be true for all positions.
    Depends on the state and an employees contract what constitutes cause for firing. I again point out that it was my understanding that the guy was not fired in this case.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •