Page 156 of 179 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1551
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    I'm also curious whether the same right-wingers outraged over Eich allegedly being "forced out" of his job for his beliefs were that upset when Van Jones got forced out of HIS job for HIS beliefs. I'm going to venture a guess and say no, because while being a homophobe just makes someone a good American whose opinion deserves credence, being an alleged Marxist should be grounds not just for termination, but execution.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #1552
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I'm also curious whether the same right-wingers outraged over Eich allegedly being "forced out" of his job for his beliefs were that upset when Van Jones got forced out of HIS job for HIS beliefs. I'm going to venture a guess and say no, because while being a homophobe just makes someone a good American whose opinion deserves credence, being an alleged Marxist should be grounds not just for termination, but execution.
    There's no evidence anyone was a homophobe. Jones held a political position and was criticized for his political views. Apples and oranges again.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #1553
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I'm also curious whether the same right-wingers outraged over Eich allegedly being "forced out" of his job for his beliefs were that upset when Van Jones got forced out of HIS job for HIS beliefs.
    Not at all. Van Jones was a self-declared communist. He was in the pubic sector. I have no problems with liberals going after Larry Craig for his "wide stances." Politics ain't bean bag.

  4. #1554
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There's no evidence anyone was a homophobe. Jones held a political position and was criticized for his political views. Apples and oranges again.
    I agree theres no evidence he was a homophobe only evidence that he is a bigot
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1555
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I agree theres no evidence he was a homophobe only evidence that he is a bigot
    If he was a bigot then most Americans were bigots. His view was mainstream at the time.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #1556
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you mentioned intent and now you see how they are clearly different.

    feelings marriage is the man woman is nothign like donating money to try and make that law. Theres no logic out there to call them the same.
    I did not make the analogy you responded to.

    Edit: IOW, you're responding to something you think I said. But did not.


    Edit 2: If I HAD made the analogy you think I made, it would be blatantly wrong and frankly idiotic.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1557
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    If he was a bigot then most Americans were bigots. His view was mainstream at the time.

    weird, did i mention his "views" or can you qoute me mentioning that his "veiws" make him a bigot or qoute me saying his views are the "evidence" that makes him one?
    another failed strawman lol

    but your failed strawman aside, most americans are bigots in some way, im bigoted against child rapists people give to much power to that word
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1558
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I did not make the analogy you responded to.

    Edit: IOW, you're responding to something you think I said. But did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Different forms, same intent.
    you said it and i showed how its wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1559
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you said it and i showed how its wrong
    I said no such thing.

    I said that speaking about something (as in, protesting, giving speeches, etc.) was one form
    I compared it to donating money to support others who were speaking, or the second form.

    I stated that the intent behind both was the same, so I did not see the difference between the two, in terms of intent.

    I did not in any way that I am aware of make any claim such as that which you are responding to.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #1560
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,725
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    weird, did i mention his "views" or can you qoute me mentioning that his "veiws" make him a bigot or qoute me saying his views are the "evidence" that makes him one?
    another failed strawman lol

    but your failed strawman aside, most americans are bigots in some way, im bigoted against child rapists people give to much power to that word

    Sorry, but you're straining to make a point only you understand. If you call a man a bigot then you are of course discussing his views. His view of gay marriage was the mainstream view at the time of the donation in question. If you want to call that view bigoted that's your business but it seems like too convenient hindsight to me.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •