Page 143 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1421
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) of course it does. solutions matter and if there isnt one thats very key to discussion where one sees an issue
    2.) why should it? it it did then we wouldn't have free speech
    For point 1, it doesn't matter because a "should" question demands no concrete proof of an actual solution.
    For point 2, I forgot what we were talking about.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #1422
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) 100% correct
    2.) also 100% correct, good thing nobody rights were violated then
    3.) also correct, another thing that didnt happen in this issue

    glad we agree they had every right to do what they did
    I find the use certain individuals put their freedom of speech to questionable, since it effectively cost someone who was not a politician their job, because they made a decision half a decade ago.

    THAT is what I find questionable. Not the freedom of speech, but the response to such, and further, the expectation of such a response on the part of those speaking.

    Maybe I'm over-thinking this though.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #1423
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,926

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    In any case, there’s nothing conservatives can do about Eich’s resignation. But they can join with labor activists and others to push for greater worker protections, like the Employee Non-Discrimination Act. For as much as employer flexibility is important to a dynamic economy, it’s also true that no one should fear firing for the people they love, the identity they claim, or the donations they make.
    You're kidding, right? It's not enough to have Prop 8 thrown out by the courts. Now you have vindictive pricks like William Saletan writing on Slate.com that Eich should just be the beginning (Purge the Bigots) and you think conservatives should just roll over, hold hands with "labor activists and others," and make nice? Don't be naive. This is warfare of a different sort, but warfare nonetheless.
    Нава́льный 2018

  4. #1424
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    1/)Never said a law was broken.
    2.)Sure he is-- he speaks freely-- his job is at risk. Sorry- not free speech.
    3.)Opinion as to the deleterious of non-work activity- yes. Trying to drive somebody out of a job was factual. That such activity is not an example of free speech? factual.
    4.)It succeeded twice.
    5.)they did not practice their rights.
    6.)Facts prove me correct.
    7.)And the employees of Mozzilla swung their fist and made contact...
    8.)Not at all.
    9.)No law was broken by Eich. He supported the lawful remedy in the state of California to actions by the legislature.
    10.)No lies.
    11.)No analogy given.
    12.)Well, Californians have the right to overturn an act of the legislature. Eich exercised that right.
    13.)Beats me-- you are the one claiming free speech rights are limited-- right to swing a fist stops upon contact with another person you might recall. We know for example that workers (including CEO's) have a right to work in an harassment free envioronment-- trying to drive a employee out of his or her job because of disagreement of views seems rather harassing.
    1,) yes you did! why do you post lies?
    should i qoute you? you claimed they allowed an unsafe work environment. that would be breaking the law, again learn how to qoute and your posts wont fails so fast
    2.) thank you for admitting you are wrong, you just said he speaks freely thats all free speach is he has ZERO right for there not to be consequences of his speech. Further proof you dont understand rights. Thank you for proving this fact. It is free speech and your point fails again
    3.) thank yoiu again for doubling down are your complete wrong statement

    example, i have every right to say i dont think you should post here, i have ever right to tell everybody and tell the mods/owner you shouldnt. and i have ever right to boycott until you are not posting here
    are you claiming i dont? i Hope not

    ALL factually free speech, your point fails again

    4.) nope facts just destroyed it again people have every right to speech as proven sorry this bothers you.

    If you disagree all you have to do is factually prove people arent allowed to voice thier opinion that he shouldn't work there and boycott while he does. all your attempts will fail and youll probably dodge this request.
    5.) again facts already prove this wrong, let me know when this changes
    6.) except you have none the laws, facts rights and court cases prove you all wrong. Remind us what you have on your side again that says the law, rights and court cases are wrong? lol
    7.) nope, no laws were broken, his speech is 100% allowed another complete failure, example pleas, back up your failed claims with facts
    8.) yes its a factually lie, if you disagree simply look up the case lol prove your lie
    9.) the BAKER, please keep up lol
    10.) yes its a lie if you disagree look up the case and prove it, i cant wait to read it
    11.) another lie you are making an analogy that what OC cupid is doing is the same as what the customers did to the baker this is false
    12.) yes he did and so did the employees, and customers
    13.) there you go claiming the law was broken again Translation: you have ZERO facts to support the lie that the employees dont have free speech

    facts win again and your post fails again

    I bet you dodge the requests again

    let me know when this changes and you have anything to support you failed claims
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1425
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    For point 1, it doesn't matter because a "should" question demands no concrete proof of an actual solution.
    For point 2, I forgot what we were talking about.
    1.) from a logical stand point it does otherwise you are only working in fantasy and not reality.
    2.) i was pointing out if it didnt matter (you say it shouldnt) we wouldnt have free have free speech
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1426
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) from a logical stand point it does otherwise you are only working in fantasy and not reality.
    I am working in fantasy. Reality must become my fantasy, because I require it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) i was pointing out if it didnt matter (you say it shouldnt) we wouldnt have free have free speech
    I forgot ENTIRELY what we were talking about. I don't even remember my own posts on the matter.

    Wait, was it something about how political statements we made 5 years ago shouldn't matter for a non-political job...Yeah that sounds right...meh
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1427
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    1.)I find the use certain individuals put their freedom of speech to questionable, since it effectively cost someone who was not a politician their job, because they made a decision half a decade ago.

    2.)THAT is what I find questionable. Not the freedom of speech, but the response to such, and further, the expectation of such a response on the part of those speaking.

    3.)Maybe I'm over-thinking this though.
    1.) this is no new event, especially for hi profile employees
    free speech has always and will always come with repercussions

    2,) why is this very old response and consequence of freedom and rights questionable?

    is this the first time somebody stepped down, was fired, contract wasnt renewed etc etc for thier views?

    this is how freedom and rights works

    3.) IMO i think you are but thats all its my opinion
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1428
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    1.)I am working in fantasy. Reality must become my fantasy, because I require it.
    I forgot ENTIRELY what we were talking about. I don't even remember my own posts on the matter.
    2.)Wait, was it something about how political statements we made 5 years ago shouldn't matter for a non-political job...Yeah that sounds right...meh
    1.) lol while this is reality and in reality it matters and always will otherwise there is no freedom
    2.) again reality proves that false and has many times, this is the price of freedoms and rights
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1429
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    what bothers me is a guy lost his job for no reason. that is what bothers me. it should bother you as well.

    I guess that give business owner legit reasons to fire homosexuals that donate to homosexual causes since in theory that could hurt his business with a segment of the population.
    opening a can of worms like this is a bad idea. the problem is other people haven't realized the danger of it yet.
    And for all of this to happen on the heels of the Supremes just last week clarifying once again that political donations are protected free speech. Just makes one shake their head in disbelief.

    If Eich can be pushed out for his donation to Prop 8 by the intolerance of gay rights activists, then couldn't they very well find themselves forced out over their political contributions to props in states advocating gay marriage? I don't think that has sunk in for some.

  10. #1430
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) this is no new event, especially for hi profile employees
    free speech has always and will always come with repercussions
    Indeed. But I don't have to like how some people utilize their free speech. I just have to respect their right to do so. Which the people complaining about this guy aren't doing.

    Which makes me dislike THEIR use of free speech. Yet I WON'T be demanding they leave their job.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2,) why is this very old response and consequence of freedom and rights questionable?

    is this the first time somebody stepped down, was fired, contract wasn't renewed etc etc for their views?

    this is how freedom and rights works
    I don't like how it's working. We're too picky about what someone says and not enough about what they do. We care about what people think but not about their actions.
    ****in' BS is what we are.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3.) IMO i think you are but thats all its my opinion
    Oh I probably am. I usually do, with me it's either no thinking at all or overthinking. No middle-ground. (Not you, MG).
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •