Page 140 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1391
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    1.) wrong YOU made the claim its not a businesses matter, they it shouldnt be talked about there that is your opinion
    False. Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure a safe and harassment free workplace. Trying to drive somebody out of his job can absolutely run afoul of this requirement.
    And its not a question of thinking and saying Eich is wrong; its driving him out of his job is the problem.

    2.) no one claimed he pushed it on them but the fact is he did try and
    Yes-- this whole issue had nothing to do with Eich at his job. He expressed his opinion off the job, it was found out a few years later, and people who did not like it tried, and succeeded, in getting him pushed out. Silencing him.

    3.) so now you take back what you said, you said keep it out the work place, they have ever right to discuss it there
    Its probably best not to have political discussions at work, since after all you are work, and are expected to work and not have political discussions. Its probably not a good idea to discuss such political issues after work hours, as that can poison the well.
    But what happened at Mozzilla wasn't that people said 'I dissagree with Eich and I am going to-- give money to lamda, write a letter to the local paper ect ect ect.' It was - 'We are going to work to get rid of him, because we don't like what he says.'

    4.) see 4 now you are posting more lies you dont want them to say it at work you want to take their rights away you said it in post 1353
    As above

    5.) nope not two different subjects at all they have every single right to their speech no matter what your opinion of their speech is
    Absolutely.

    6.) wrong again all customers and employees have free speech
    You are behind the times. Bakers and photographers can face legal sanction if they decline to take a gay couple marrying as customers, because they are gay, and because said baker et. al. oppose such activities. They do not have free speech on this issue.

    7.) correct because this is ILLEGAL and BREAKS THE LAW and violates peoples RIGHTS
    Oh-- the bakers don't have free speech rights then?
    Of course, if a baker can be compelled to bake a wedding cake against his or will, why couldn't OKCupid be compelled to continue using Mozzilla? Doesn't Eich have a right to be anti-gay marriage? Certainly, Eich was harmed and certainly Mozzilla would have been harmed by the actions of OKCupid. "Action" is what makes the difference, yes?

    8.) yes they do they just cant violate the rights as others as facts, law, rights and court cases show
    this is no new concept try to keep up
    Oh I see-- free speech is just one of many competing rights. It is of no greater significance than other rights.
    Last edited by BobbyO; 04-06-14 at 09:46 PM.

  2. #1392
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    1.)Since we agree about free speech I'm not sure what your problem is.
    3.) I'm not trying to defend anything.
    4.) The point I have been making from the beginning is about decency and tolerance, not rights, which I never mentioned.
    1.)we do not agree on free speech
    2.) no problem just pointing out the failure of your stance
    3.) so spring board, stances, now your not trying to defend anything lol
    4.) this is simply a lie

    your stance is people shouldn't practice their free speech unless YOU deem it decent and tolerant

    no thanks i pefer we just have rights and your opinion shouldnt matter to them
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1393
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I love that free speech bothers people only when they dont agree with it

    and the question a couple people keep running from because nobody can answer it

    what is the solution?

    very telling nobody showed any integrity and answered that, they only want free speech to be in place when it suits them

    west boro has free speech just like us all, you may not like it but its the only way it works
    Convincing or forcing someone to leave (according to articles I would assume former) their job is not something that "free speech" encompasses.

    Talking about it, sure.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #1394
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    1.)False. Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure a safe and harassment free workplace. Trying to drive somebody out of his job can absolutely run afoul of this requirement.
    And its not a question of thinking and saying Eich is wrong; its driving him out of his job.
    2.)Yes-- this whole issue had nothing to do with Eich at his job. He expressed his opinion off the job, it was found out a few years later, and people who did not like it tried, and succeeded, in getting him pushed out. Silencing him.
    3.)Its probably best not to have political discussions at work, since after all you are work, and are expexted to work and not have political discussions. Its probably not a good idea to discuss such political issues after work hours, as that can poison well.
    But what happened at Mozzilla wasn't that people said I dissagree with Eich and I am going to-- give money to lamda, write a letter to the local paper ect ect ect. It was - We are going to work to get rid, because we don't like what he says.
    4.)As above
    5.)absolutely.
    6.)You are behind the times. Bakers and photographers can face legal sanction if they decline to take a gay couple marrying as customers, because they are gay, and because said baker et. al. oppose such activities. They do not have free speech on this issue.
    7.)Oh-- the bakers don't have free speech rights then?
    8.)Of course, if a baker can be compelled to bake a wedding cake against his or will, why couldn't OKCupid be compelled to continue using Mozzilla? Doesn't Eich have a right to be anti-gay marriage?



    Oh I see-- free speech is just one of many competing rights. It is of no greater significance than other rights.
    1.) no laws were broken thanks for another failed strawman and your OPINIONS are meaningless to facts. Seem you have issues with this
    2.) nobody buys this lie and its already been proven false LMAO repeated 10 more times it will be a lie each time.
    they practiced their free speech and he isnt silenced in any way. WHy do you post lies ad make stuff up? do you think it will work?
    again sorry free speech bothers you
    3.) your meaningless opinion and all FACTUALLY free speech
    4.) exactly your argument fails twice
    5.) then stop being upset about them practicing their rights
    6.) facts prove you wrong again, look up the court cases, laws and people srights those people BROKE THE LAW and VIOLATED the rights of others, thier free speech is 100% intact.

    thank you again for proving you dont understand rights. You have the rights to sewing your fist but if you swing the fist into somebody you violated somebody else rights. Your mistake.

    7.) see above of course they do as already proven
    they dont have the right to break the law and infringe on others rights though, this is basic 101 stuff
    8.) this didnt happen nobody was forced to bake a cake LOL please stop with the lies
    and PLEASE keep repeating this ok cupid analogy that you think makes sense it further shows how little you know on this subject.
    9.) correct rights have no hierarchy your rights end where others begin again thank you for proving you are not well educated on this particular subject
    facts win aand your post loses again

    let me know when you are ready to explain how the employees and customers dont have their right to free speech, its funny you dodge that
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1395
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    1.)It doesn't matter whether I have a solution or not.
    2.)I asked "should it?"
    3.)Personally, I say no. But everyone with a scrap of sense knows that however hard you try to make it otherwise, it still matters.
    4.)Because we humans tend to give too many ****s.
    1.)meaning there is none
    2.) and i answered theres no way it cant
    3.) personally i think babies and kids should never die but thats not reality. It matters because you cant have freedom without it
    4.) reality is a bitch
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1396
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,927
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)we do not agree on free speech
    2.) no problem just pointing out the failure of your stance
    3.) so spring board, stances, now your not trying to defend anything lol
    4.) this is simply a lie

    your stance is people shouldn't practice their free speech unless YOU deem it decent and tolerant

    no thanks i pefer we just have rights and your opinion shouldnt matter to them
    Wrong on all counts. I believe in unlimited, unfettered free speech. But a tolerant society by definition asks us all to live with our disagreements. This is not a legal requirement so much as a matter of decent respect for each other. People are free to exercise their rights to the fullest; I am free to suggest that judgment in that exercise is not out of place.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #1397
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Convincing or forcing someone to leave (according to articles I would assume former) their job is not something that "free speech" encompasses.

    Talking about it, sure.
    yes it actually does, thats exactly what it does, are whole system works on similar premises as long as they are with in the law. Voting is just an official way of the same thing. Unless you are claiming we dont have free speech.

    example. I think you shouldnt post here any more and im gonna tell everybody and boycott this site until you are not posting here any more.

    are you claiming i dont have that right? I most certainly do.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Society is all over the place as far as morals go. There are no defining public morals anymore.
    Sorry I should have clarified myself in this regard. People individually decide what is moral and what isn't. Society decides what morals are LEGAL and what isn't.

    A serial killer decides that murder is moral, society decides that it isn't legal.

  9. #1399
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    1.)Wrong on all counts. I believe in unlimited, unfettered free speech. But a tolerant society by definition asks us all to live with our disagreements. This is not a legal requirement so much as a matter of decent respect for each other. People are free to exercise their rights to the fullest; I am free to suggest that judgment in that exercise is not out of place.
    translation: you dont believe in free speech unless you find it tolerant
    thanks for clearing that up

    and yes you are free to think people should practice their rights unless you think they should but luckily the system doesnt work that way because then it wouldnt be rights or freedom
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1400
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,927
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you dont believe in free speech unless you find it tolerant
    thanks for clearing that up

    and yes you are free to think people should practice their rights unless you think they should but luckily the system doesnt work that way because then it wouldnt be rights or freedom
    No, I believe in free speech always and everywhere. I just hope for decency and tolerance from my fellow man. You're benefiting from it now.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •