Page 139 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1381
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post


    "One could be forgiven for throwing one’s hands up in despair at the sheer audacity of it all. A fortnight ago, as the federal government took to the courts to defend a rule that deliberately burdens the consciences of America’s more religiously devout entrepreneurs, the professional Left adopted the position that companies do not have consciences, griped that a harsh separation of the public and the private spheres was a recipe for the suffering of unpopular or put-upon individuals, and insisted that any links between the activities of an employee and the deeply held beliefs of his boss should be thoroughly shattered. Today, the opposite case is regnant. Defending the appalling hounding of Brendan Eich, progressives seem to have suddenly got the message: reminding critics that there exists no legal right to be the CEO of a non-profit; insisting correctly that this sordid and alarming little affair does not in any way implicate the First Amendment; and acknowledging that, the doctrine of at-will employment being what it is, a man may resign from his job for whatever reason — up to and including harassment.

    Well, comrades — which is it to be?
    The answer to this question, one suspects, is “whichever suits the moment.” Which is to say that the Eich affair is ultimately about power, not principle — the latest in a series of plays contrived to show who is in charge. Convenient as it might be to pretend otherwise, the Left does not truly believe that private companies may behave as they wish to, but that private companies may behave as the Left wishes them to — whether instructed by government or not."
    Are you asking those on the wrong to act in a manner that is logically consistent? Consistency has never been a trait that has been demonstrated by that side. They will take whatever position it takes to pout forth their wicked agenda, regardless of whether or not that position directly contradicts one that they previously took, in order to promote some other evil. The only consistency that you can ever expect from that side is that they will always favor evil over good; and they will take whatever secondary positions are most expedient in any given situation at any given time, to promote their greater agenda.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #1382
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    1.)False. Mozzilla is business. Its not a college debate room.
    Eich's opinion had nothing to do with his job.
    2.)Of course they can. They drove him out of his job. Its called thuggery.
    3.)Its exactly what happened. You seem to think free speech s a contact sport. It isn't. free speech is not driving Eich out of a job because of a disagreement that had nothing to do with the job. Free speech is those employees supporting laws, candidates ect wh support gay marriage.

    1.) maybe if you learn how to quote you wont get confused. Post 1356 you said the CEO didnt bring his opinions to work.
    and i said thats meaningless to rights and speech and that remains true. You reply makes no sense and changes nothign
    2.) nope he still has it right to speech NOBODY took that from him and nobody shut him up, thanks for proving your own post false again
    he can say right now that he hates gays if he wants, not saying thats how he feels just pointing out the fact that your statment is wrong and he is free to say what he likes
    3.) thank you for again proving you dont know what free speech is or what actually happened

    they ALL have free speech, im sorry that you only want the CEO to have it but they all have it.

    if free speech, rights and freedoms bothers you theres always russia


    again if you disagree PLEASE PLEASE factually prove people have no right to boycott and say they disagree with him or shouldn't run a company etc etc Id love to read it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1383
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The point is tolerance and decency, not legality.
    The wrong is unwilling to tolerate decency.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  4. #1384
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    solutions to free speech?

    anybody?
    anybody?

    bueller?

    bueller?
    nobody yet huh?

    its very telling nobody has a solution to this pesky free speech issue
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1385
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) then i guess you should haven argued against things i never said and acted like i did. Typically when qouting somebody you are agreeing with them or disagreeing with them
    2.) another poster already pointed this out also and i have no interest in doing so.
    glad i could clear up your confusion for you
    1. Actually, I was indifferent to your view.
    2. The other poster was in error on that score are you, apparently.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #1386
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    1. Actually, I was indifferent to your view.
    2. The other poster was in error on that score are you, apparently.
    1.) you were indifferent to a view you didnt know i had. wow sounds like magic
    2.) says you but i know you mentioned rights lol and if i get bored ill go back and quote, nice try though.

    good luck with your argument that people should only get to practice there rights of free speech if YOU think its decent.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1387
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) you were indifferent to a view you didnt know i had. wow sounds like magic
    2.) says you but i know you mentioned rights lol and if i get bored ill go back and quote, nice try though.

    good luck with your argument that people should only get to practice there rights of free speech if YOU think its decent.
    Your post was merely a convenient entree into the discussion. Your "view" didn't matter. As for rights, what you "know" seems to spring from your imagination. Your unprovoked hostility is puzzling.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #1388
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    1.)Your post was merely a convenient entree into the discussion.
    2.)Your "view" didn't matter. As for rights, what you "know" seems to spring from your imagination.
    3.) Your unprovoked hostility is puzzling.
    1.) sure i believe you, for 20 posts it was just a spring board LMAO
    2.) hey look another failed insult since your posts failed and you still have no logical way to defend them.
    are you implying that we all dont have free speech? i hope not because thats ALL i said i know so PLEASE do tell what i imagined, i cant what to see you try to back this lie up
    3.) i have no hostility im laughing at your posts lashing out and trying failed insults after your failed posts.

    now if you will please do my request above and stay on topic. Let us know how your opinion of they should only have free speech if YOU think its decent works. WHo gets to determine this decency?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1389
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) sure i believe you, for 20 posts it was just a spring board LMAO
    2.) hey look another failed insult since your posts failed and you still have no logical way to defend them.
    are you implying that we all dont have free speech? i hope not because thats ALL i said i know so PLEASE do tell what i imagined, i cant what to see you try to back this lie up
    3.) i have no hostility im laughing at your posts lashing out and trying failed insults after your failed posts.

    now if you will please do my request above and stay on topic. Let us know how your opinion of they should only have free speech if YOU think its decent works. WHo gets to determine this decency?
    Since we agree about free speech I'm not sure what your problem is. I'm not trying to defend anything. The point I have been making from the beginning is about decency and tolerance, not rights, which I never mentioned.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #1390
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    should?
    well thats tricky

    the fact is free speech will, it has no choice because free speech applies to us all.

    the only way speech would not effect our job is if we didnt have it or only some of us did

    the should is a matter of opinion and nothing else.

    the fact is it can and thats the only way it works.

    whats your solution to fix it?
    It doesn't matter whether I have a solution or not.

    I asked "should it?"

    Personally, I say no. But everyone with a scrap of sense knows that however hard you try to make it otherwise, it still matters.

    Because we humans tend to give too many ****s.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •