Page 131 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1301
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)Because there are no records of donations to Prop. 8, that somehow gives these people a pass?
    2.) When they went before the people claiming one thing and then turn around become cheerleaders for the opposite means nothing?
    3.) Wow talke about double standards you haz them.
    4.) You just proved yourself incapable of being able to discern the truth if it jumped up and bit you on the ass.
    1.) never said it gave them a pass only pointed out the FACT they are not the same. One is factually bigotry the other is not without more
    2.) on an issue like this no it means nothing, my brother used to not be "gay friendly" then he grew up, educated himself, actually learned he knew gays and met some more. Now he still isnt pro-gay per-say but he would never deny them equal rights
    3.) no double standard for me, your failed strawmen and lies have no effect on the facts or my actually views
    4.) nice try but your failed and factually proven wrong posts prove other wise.
    Your post fails again let me know when you can actually defend your stance with facts and honesty ill be here
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1302
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,943
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes they are all acts of bigotry
    2.) yes people have the right to boycott others on this list if they want
    3.) yes they are all factually bigots by definition
    4.) what they did isnt illegal they dont need punished, Please again your failed strawmen are never going to work. Can you quote me sayign they need punished? nope its a lie you made up lol
    5.) i have no idea what this sentence even means but all people have the right to free speech and NOBODY has lost their rights in this case.
    6.) maybe people will

    your post fails again, sorry you dont like free speech and equal rights. Maybe try russia?
    4.) If all these people don't need to be punished, why is Eich punished? Is his transgression worse in some way? If so, how?

    5.) As if often the case, winner in history get to write the history books. In this case, the winners, i.e. the LGBT, get to go around and punish whomever they feel like punishing?

    6.) I see that you are perfectly fine with LGBT exercising their rights and free speech, but don't really give a dam about Eich's, and support his punishment by an angry LGBT mob.

  3. #1303
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    Eich didn't do anything at work about that which he believed. The ruckus was caused by people who disagreed with him-- they caused the chaos.
    Having a bumper sticker on someone's private property isn't doing anything at work either. This too can cause a ruckus by people who disagree with said bumper sticker on someone else's car. This is the whole issue. Free speech is NOT protected in and/or even outside a private work place. If people within the work place get upset, that can cause a problem.

  4. #1304
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)I have no opposition to free speech. Eich's, LGBT's or anyone else's.
    2.) I do not believe that forcing someone out of their livelihood because of their exercise of free speech is justifiable.
    3.)This is exactly what the LGBT community engaged in, and I see it as a dangerous precedent, for any group to exercise this level of impact on someone they disagree with.
    4.)What happened to the most honorable 'I disagree with you completely, but support you right to say it'? Has that been cast to the way side?
    1.) then you shouldnt be bothered by this then
    2.) then you dont believe in free speech, thank you for proving that and there is still no proof of force
    3.) you mean the way its been done forever but now that it happened and it seems gays made it happen its evil. AGain sorry this is how free speech works.
    4.) and there it is, this is where you confusion is shown. He still has the right to say it, that wasnt taken away

    ill ask again since you dodged it.

    whats your solution? how do you fix free speech?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1305
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,890

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) yes they are all acts of bigotry
    2.) yes people have the right to boycott others on this list if they want
    3.) yes they are all factually bigots by definition
    4.) what they did isnt illegal they dont need punished, Please again your failed strawmen are never going to work. Can you quote me sayign they need punished? nope its a lie you made up lol
    5.) i have no idea what this sentence even means but all people have the right to free speech and NOBODY has lost their rights in this case.
    6.) maybe people will

    your post fails again, sorry you dont like free speech and equal rights. Maybe try russia?
    WTF
    What about Eich's rights to free speech? did you forget about them or don't they count? And then you label him a bigot because he believes in marriage between a man and a woman. Seems to me the pot is calling the kettle black.

  6. #1306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Having a bumper sticker on someone's private property isn't doing anything at work either. This too can cause a ruckus by people who disagree with said bumper sticker on someone else's car. This is the whole issue. Free speech is NOT protected in and/or even outside a private work place. If people within the work place get upset, that can cause a problem.
    What's all this about a bumper sticker and how does it relate to this issue??

  7. #1307
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    4.) If all these people don't need to be punished, why is Eich punished? Is his transgression worse in some way? If so, how?
    This question needs to be taken up with the private workplace. That is where he step down. The reality is that in private place of work people can lose their job very easy for political or nonpolitical reasons alike. People cannot and do not have free speech rights in at will work places.

  8. #1308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    WTF
    What about Eich's rights to free speech? did you forget about them or don't they count? And then you label him a bigot because he believes in marriage between a man and a woman. Seems to me the pot is calling the kettle black.
    It's worse than that He didn't even speak. They just checked to see who he may ever have made a political donation and it went from there.

  9. #1309
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Having a bumper sticker on someone's private property isn't doing anything at work either. This too can cause a ruckus by people who disagree with said bumper sticker on someone else's car. This is the whole issue. Free speech is NOT protected in and/or even outside a private work place. If people within the work place get upset, that can cause a problem.
    this is absolutely true, I do not have bumper stickers that I would prefer to have on my vehicle because of the reactions from conservative southerners I would get, some of which could be detrimental to my livelihood (as had happened to a friend of mine)

    I don't consider my right to free speech infringed though, I consider that I made the best choice available to me.

  10. #1310
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    1.)Yawn. there was no claim that either Obama of Clinton donated in support of Prop 8.
    2.)What was claimed in that Eich's opinion on gay marriage in 2008 was the same as the opinion of Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton. Which is true.
    3.)You choose to say that because neither Obama or Clinton donated to the supporters of Prop 8, it means there is a huge difference between the two senators and Eich.
    Because Eich took "actions" in support of his belief.
    4.)Which means the issue has nothing to do with free speech-- its all about silencing opposition (believe what you want- but don't dare try to stop me). Which is not an exercise in free speech. Its an exercise in tyranny.
    1.) they were claimed to be the same the is 100% false
    2.) no again its factually false because the CEO had the opinion that he should STOP it. theres nothing that shows the other two of the same opinion. thank you for further proving me right and my point
    3.) no i dont "choose" to say that, facts make it that way.
    like i said there is a factually difference between somebody who doesnt agree with subject X and wants to stop others from doing X and denying them rights.

    if you dont like blondes thats fine but if you try to stop blondes from being able to vote that is HUGE difference lol

    4.) its all about free speech, that has already been proven

    facts win and your post fails again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •