Page 130 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1291
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LMAO
    you just proved yourself factually wrong by admitting there were ZERO donation and then sayign same standards
    thank you for proving you have no idea about what people have actually said or are saying.
    Because there are no records of donations to Prop. 8, that somehow gives these people a pass? When they went before the people claiming one thing and then turn around become cheerleaders for the opposite means nothing? Wow talke about double standards you haz them. You just proved yourself incapable of being able to discern the truth if it jumped up and bit you on the ass.

  2. #1292
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: they never did donate and they are not the same so you move on to a different failed starwman lol.
    and mo meed to thank me for probing your post wrong.

    Let us know when you can support the lie you just posted with facts id love to read it
    Yawn. there was no claim that either Obama of Clinton donated in support of Prop 8.

    What was claimed in that Eich's opinion on gay marriage in 2008 was the same as the opinion of Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton.
    Which is true.

    You choose to say that because neither Obama or Clinton donated to the supporters of Prop 8, it means there is a huge difference between the two senators and Eich.
    Because Eich took "actions" in support of his belief.

    Which means the issue has nothing to do with free speech-- its all about silencing opposition (believe what you want- but don't dare try to stop me). Which is not an exercise in free speech. Its an exercise in tyranny.

  3. #1293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I suppose the question is...should his or anyone's free speech choices negatively affect their job.

    Granted it's almost a given that if you say something stupid/assholish enough and it gets back to your boss somehow, you WILL get in trouble.


    But should you?
    Just as long as someone can perform their job - they should face no consequences for their political beliefs or affiliations. Individuals have the right to their own opinion weather if it is left or right.

    It just seems that progressives love to degrade anyone who doesn't share their politics and will do everything in their power to destroy them.

    Remember these are the same people who insist on "fairness" when they're nothing more than bullies and to some extent no different the the little ****s from "Lord Of The Flies."

    The amount of tolerance I have for their intolerance is mind boggling.

  4. #1294
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)OK, so here's a list of other people who have perpetrated actions of bigotry
    2.) that the LGBT community need to force from their jobs, or organizations that they need to boycott.

    Results for: $1 or more, $1,000 or less, donors supporting - Proposition 8 Campaign Contributions - Los Angeles Times

    3.) I mean, all these people and organizations are bigots in California, right?
    4.) Just think how much better California would be with all these bigots punished. With all these people's free speech, as defined by SOCUTS ruling, abridged.
    5.)My gosh, it's almost as bad a having lost your rights or something. Oh wait. LGBT won that fight, and now the LGBT community is right in taking retribution?
    6.)Better get going on this, there are 91,575 left to go.
    1.) yes they are all acts of bigotry
    2.) yes people have the right to boycott others on this list if they want
    3.) yes they are all factually bigots by definition
    4.) what they did isnt illegal they dont need punished, Please again your failed strawmen are never going to work. Can you quote me sayign they need punished? nope its a lie you made up lol
    5.) i have no idea what this sentence even means but all people have the right to free speech and NOBODY has lost their rights in this case.
    6.) maybe people will

    your post fails again, sorry you dont like free speech and equal rights. Maybe try russia?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I have no opposition to free speech. Eich's, LGBT's or anyone else's.
    I do not believe that forcing someone out of their livelihood because of their exercise of free speech is justifiable.

    This is exactly what the LGBT community engaged in, and I see it as a dangerous precedent, for any group to exercise this level of impact on someone they disagree with.

    What happened to the most honorable 'I disagree with you completely, but support you right to say it'? Has that been cast to the way side?
    The answer seems clear and although there have always been plenty of signs that this day was arriving they were usually ignored. What happens next?

  6. #1296
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,914

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I have no opposition to free speech. Eich's, LGBT's or anyone else's.
    I do not believe that forcing someone out of their livelihood because of their exercise of free speech is justifiable.

    This is exactly what the LGBT community engaged in, and I see it as a dangerous precedent, for any group to exercise this level of impact on someone they disagree with.

    What happened to the most honorable 'I disagree with you completely, but support you right to say it'? Has that been cast to the way side?
    Mozilla made a business decision. Like it or not, it was not OKCupid or the gaaaaaaays who made that decision. Mozilla did.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #1297
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,933
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]



    "One could be forgiven for throwing one’s hands up in despair at the sheer audacity of it all. A fortnight ago, as the federal government took to the courts to defend a rule that deliberately burdens the consciences of America’s more religiously devout entrepreneurs, the professional Left adopted the position that companies do not have consciences, griped that a harsh separation of the public and the private spheres was a recipe for the suffering of unpopular or put-upon individuals, and insisted that any links between the activities of an employee and the deeply held beliefs of his boss should be thoroughly shattered. Today, the opposite case is regnant. Defending the appalling hounding of Brendan Eich, progressives seem to have suddenly got the message: reminding critics that there exists no legal right to be the CEO of a non-profit; insisting correctly that this sordid and alarming little affair does not in any way implicate the First Amendment; and acknowledging that, the doctrine of at-will employment being what it is, a man may resign from his job for whatever reason — up to and including harassment.

    Well, comrades — which is it to be?
    The answer to this question, one suspects, is “whichever suits the moment.” Which is to say that the Eich affair is ultimately about power, not principle — the latest in a series of plays contrived to show who is in charge. Convenient as it might be to pretend otherwise, the Left does not truly believe that private companies may behave as they wish to, but that private companies may behave as the Left wishes them to — whether instructed by government or not."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #1298
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    1.)Decent respect for tolerance and free speech would have been best served by simply leaving this alone.
    2.) This is not an example of free speech; this is intolerance enforced by a lynch mob,
    3.)which you apparently have joined.
    another dodge lol VERY VERY TELLING you keep running from the questions

    1.) you are welcome to that opinion and i may even share it but that doesnt change the fact that all people did was operate within their rights
    2.) nope its factually free speech by definition, nobody was lynched
    3.) hey look another posted lie

    your post fails again and facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1299
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    There are plenty of states that are at will and people can and do get fired for such things. There is no law to protect these people. A person can simply be supporting a political candidate and have something as benign as a bumper sticker on their car and be fired. Perhaps, it can be argued that such a sticker can cause a stir at work but so did Eich actions of contributing to a cause that outlaw marriage for gay people. Does that equally enrage you?
    Eich didn't do anything at work about that which he believed. The ruckus was caused by people who disagreed with him-- they caused the chaos.

  10. #1300
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,933
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    another dodge lol VERY VERY TELLING you keep running from the questions

    1.) you are welcome to that opinion and i may even share it but that doesnt change the fact that all people did was operate within their rights
    2.) nope its factually free speech by definition, nobody was lynched
    3.) hey look another posted lie

    your post fails again and facts win again
    The point is tolerance and decency, not legality.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •