Page 128 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1271
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    So, just a general question about this topic in general.

    If one just thinks that a marriage is between a man and a woman, but doesn't care if guy people want to marry, and have that recognized for legal purposes, does that make this person a "bigot"? And why?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1272
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    That wasn't very nice of me. Sorry. I just wasn't discussing Obama and have no idea why people were addressing my point with Obama. I took my frustration out on you
    No worries
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1273
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Yes, and my point in my other post you responded to is that this happens to people in the work force all the time. Something as simple as having the wrong bumper sticker on your private property can get you fired. This must equally outrage you?
    It doesn't happen all the time and there are laws against it. When these types of issues occur, its generally because that political issue is causing a work issue.

    Eich did not go around Mozzilla proselthyzing his objection to Prop 8. The disruption is caused by people who do want to shut people up who have opinions on marriage as did Eich up.

  4. #1274
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)SCOTUS has ruled that campaign donations are a form a free and protected speech.
    2.) Eich's free speech was revealed and there's a huge LGBT outrage. Vindication taken against his company.
    3.) (What's that statute of limitations of campaign contributions?)
    4.) Eich is forced to leave the company he founded
    5.)due to the ensuing boycotts
    6.) LGBT's and supporters rejoice, feel justice was done, and don't see the problem they've caused
    7.)Given that this has been witnessed by many, what's the likelihood that this now has a chilling effect on rights and free speech of others beside the LGBT community?
    Or do those people don't count anymore when they have dissenting opinions?
    1.) yes its free speech i agree
    2.) which is ALSO free speech, lets not forget this FACTS lol
    3.) meaningless to anything being discussed
    4.) no proof he was forced or illegal ativity
    5.) again FREE speech you cant pick and choose when you want it
    6.) yes some do feel that way, again nothing illegal happened
    7.) there is no impact in reality since the whole issue is free speech, again you cant pick and choose
    8.) again read above lol

    this is why the free speech strawman completely fails it applies to us ALL

    i dont like what west boro does but they have that right.

    THe CEO has a right to be a bigot and other have a right to say they dont like it and boycott the company

    all legal all protected by rights

    what is YOUR solution? only allow the CEO his rights and not others?

    let me know what you come up with im dying to know
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, just a general question about this topic in general.

    If one just thinks that a marriage is between a man and a woman, but doesn't care if guy people want to marry, and have that recognized for legal purposes, does that make this person a "bigot"? And why?
    The stupids throw the bigot word around because they are stupid. That's all there is to it.

  6. #1276
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    WRONG lol
    "opinions" arent the issue here

    its his ACTIONS that are, its the donation that is the issue with people

    there are lots of people that have an OPINION that marriage should be between a man and woman but they would never fight against equal rights. Thats a HUGE difference.

    so grouping all 3 together is factually false and intellectually dishonest[/QUOTE
    Thanks for admitting this whole issue is indeed about shutting people up, and shutting them down.

  7. #1277
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    As I suspected, the issues involved are beyond you.

    "If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." --J.S. Mill
    translation: you still cant defend your claim and result to another failed insult instead of trying to defend your failed assumptions

    let me know when you are ready to defend your stance and not dodge my questions

    by all means tell me "my stance" and why those critiques matter to anything you claim, seems you are having an argument in your head that im not. Try to stick to facts and what i have actually said if you are going to try to have a honest conversation with me.

    i bet your post deflects and run again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    Thanks for admitting this whole issue is indeed about shutting people up, and shutting them down.
    That's all its ever been about, and this is just the latest example.

  9. #1279
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post

    Thanks for admitting this whole issue is indeed about shutting people up, and shutting them down.
    translation: they never did donate and they are not the same so you move on to a different failed starwman lol.
    and mo meed to thank me for probing your post wrong.

    Let us know when you can support the lie you just posted with facts id love to read it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1280
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you still cant defend your claim and result to another failed insult instead of trying to defend your failed assumptions

    let me know when you are ready to defend your stance and not dodge my questions

    by all means tell me "my stance" and why those critiques matter to anything you claim, seems you are having an argument in your head that im not. Try to stick to facts and what i have actually said if you are going to try to have a honest conversation with me.

    i bet your post deflects and run again
    You stand with the oppressors.


    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •