Page 127 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1261
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Someone declare you the overseer of the thread? I personally couldn't care less what you do or don't find acceptable or not. That you don't like what I said, and won't engage me other than some drive by bs is quite amusing. And changes nothing as to my comment.

    Have a nice day.
    That wasn't very nice of me. Sorry. I just wasn't discussing Obama and have no idea why people were addressing my point with Obama. I took my frustration out on you

  2. #1262
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I think the outrage is because he donated to a cause that outlawed gay marriage.
    Yep... purge te folks who have dissenting opinions.

  3. #1263
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,747

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Actually his position then was the same as Obama's and Hillary's then.....Where are the gays outrage against them?
    I have no idea what you're talking about here.

    Pres Obama and Hillary Clinton supported Prop 8 in some way?

    I do not recall hearing about this.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #1264
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,947
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you cant defend your stance so you deflect and try and failed insult.
    Im sorry free speech and rights bother you
    let me know when you can defend your stance.
    SCOTUS has ruled that campaign donations are a form a free and protected speech.
    Eich's free speech was revealed and there's a huge LGBT outrage. Vindication taken against his company.
    (What's that statute of limitations of campaign contributions?)
    Eich is forced to leave the company he founded due to the ensuing boycotts
    LGBT's and supporters rejoice, feel justice was done, and don't see the problem they've caused

    Given that this has been witnessed by many, what's the likelihood that this now has a chilling effect on rights and free speech of others beside the LGBT community?
    Or do those people don't count anymore when they have dissenting opinions?

  5. #1265
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    weird not what i asked at all.

    lets try again
    Obama and Hilary donated to prop 8?

    link?
    facts?
    if not the posted lie and strawman still fails
    Nobody claimed they did.

    The claim is that all three had the same opinion on gay marriage--- agin' it.

  6. #1266
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Whether directed at one man or a whole people, tyranny is tyranny.
    2.) I note you chose to dodge the central point of Andrew Sullivan's critique. If Sullivan isn't to your taste, try Orwell.

    “Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”
    George Orwell, Animal Farm
    1.)there was factual tyranny? interesting. Link? proof? facts?
    2.) i dodge nothing, posting lies wont help you lol

    i couldnt care less about either those critiques because they have ZERO to do with me LOL

    time to further destroy your assumptions.

    by all means tell me "my stance" and why those critiques matter to anything you claim, seems you are having an argument in your head that im not. Try to stick to facts and what i have actually said if you are going to try to have a honest conversation with me. lol

    again im sorry you are bothered by free speech and rights and that you think i support something you are making up in your head but i dont
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1267
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    Yep... purge te folks who have dissenting opinions.
    Yes, and my point in my other post you responded to is that this happens to people in the work force all the time. Something as simple as having the wrong bumper sticker on your private property can get you fired. This must equally outrage you?

  8. #1268
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    Nobody claimed they did.

    The claim is that all three had the same opinion on gay marriage--- agin' it.
    WRONG lol
    "opinions" arent the issue here

    its his ACTIONS that are, its the donation that is the issue with people

    there are lots of people that have an OPINION that marriage should be between a man and woman but they would never fight against equal rights. Thats a HUGE difference.

    so grouping all 3 together is factually false and intellectually dishonest
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1269
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,918
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)there was factual tyranny? interesting. Link? proof? facts?
    2.) i dodge nothing, posting lies wont help you lol

    i couldnt care less about either those critiques because they have ZERO to do with me LOL

    time to further destroy your assumptions.

    by all means tell me "my stance" and why those critiques matter to anything you claim, seems you are having an argument in your head that im not. Try to stick to facts and what i have actually said if you are going to try to have a honest conversation with me. lol

    again im sorry you are bothered by free speech and rights and that you think i support something you are making up in your head but i dont
    As I suspected, the issues involved are beyond you.

    "If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." --J.S. Mill
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #1270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Free speech does not mean people can't hate you, it is not fascist to want to remove your CEO because he is homophobic. The CEO was harming the reputation of the company and employees disagreed with him.
    Where is the evidence that he was "homophobic"?

    If you have to lie to support your position then it might be a good idea to reexamine that position.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •