Page 125 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1241
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    It needs to not be forgotten that the cause which Mr. Eich supported is the cause which won the election, as a similar one did some years before. The vast majority of Californians agree with Mr. Eich's position on the issue of protecting marriage from those who wish to redefine and corrupt it.

    This probably includes the majority of employees at Mozilla.

    What would happen to Mozilla, or to any other large company, if it were to learn what position each of its employees took on the issue of protecting marriage, and were to fire every employee who did not vote in favor of forcing a sick mockery of marriage to be accepted and treated as equal to genuine marriage? Any employer that did this would end up losing most of its workers; and it would be the more morally-sound majority that it would lose; leaving behind the minority who can be solidly expected to be the least moral and least ethical among the original workforce.
    Great points. What happened to Eich is fascist-like as far as I'm concerned. He was forced out for exercising his free speech rights. Not only did the majority of Californians vote to recognize marriage to be between a man and a women but the President of the United States in 2008 shared their point of view as well. Because of the law in California requiring that all people that donate more than $100 to anything in a proposition/ballot initiative have to be made public, some people found out that Brendan Eich four years ago donated $1000 to Proposition 8, which was the California initiative to establish marriage as that between a man and a woman. And look what can result from that when pressured by fascist acting groups? Scary stuff.

  2. #1242
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) thats his choice. If he is ashamed thats what will happen, if he is proud of what he did then he will be proud.
    2.) he didnt do anything "illegal" why would anybody do that.
    3.) whats disquesting about it? its reality and theres nothing intolerant or nondiverse about it. He did something he had a right to do and so did others.
    4.) youll have to be more specific than that. There are many sub topics that developed in this thread.
    WHat are you saying "is about equal rights for gays"
    5.) again if no laws are broken then it is what it is, youll have to be more specif instead of just posting catch phrases
    I dont like what West Boro does but they have the right too. WHat specifically are oyu referring to.
    6.) again read 5, youll need to be more specific.

    maybe you dont know my stance
    i dont know what all happened, his bigotry was found out, people stated they didnt like it, but ive read nothign saying this guy was fired or mozilla did anything illegal.

    from that stand point it is what it is.

    if you would like me to make a judgment or give my opinion about somethign youll have to be specific and ill gladly answer
    If you do not understand how disgusting is this episode then you lack the faculties to discuss it. Sorry to bother you.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #1243
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out--
    Because I was not a Socialist.

    Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out--
    Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out--
    Because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.
    --Martin Niemoeller
    Yeah, plenty of people don't speak out and I agree that is a problem.

  4. #1244
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    best part is uhm, who was "fired" can anybody tell me who was fired in the OP article?

    all i see in the op is the facts

    a person did something bigoted that he had the right and freedom to do
    other people pointed out this bigotry and said they didnt like it, which they also have the right and freedom to do
    because of this the person stepped down

    who was fired? did something illegal happen?
    He left or was forced to leave (probably former?) his position due to a political donation half a decade ago.

    How it came about matters not, however.

    That his political position from over 5 years ago was enough to cause him to leave is the key point here.

    And the point of debate is...should it have been?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #1245
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)You just don't get it do you? is being cynical and dense a prerequisite for towing the progressive party line?
    2.)There is nothing wrong with being gay or a minority
    3.) however there is something wrong when progressives exploit them and in some sense treat them as slaves to the DNC...
    4.)Also, I'm sure there are plenty of gays and minorities that agree with me to boot - and of course MSNBC and every hardcore progressive in the United States will be there to bash them to boot.
    well i called that perfectly, thank you for dodging my questions and proving me right again

    1.) yes i understand all the lies you try to seel in your post and i already told you im not a progressive lol another failed strawman by you
    2.) I know this, eventhough you stated you hate gays
    3.) well good thing this inst "factually" happening its just you opinion that you cant support with any facts what so ever
    4.) no there are no gays that agree with your opinion of hating gays
    your post fails again

    now ill ask my questions again to see if you can support your claims yet

    Could you tell us why you posted that you hate gays?
    then prove that i have favoritism
    then prove its all and only progressives that support equal rights
    then prove explain to us what a protected classes is that shows favoritism and excludes what ever you are?

    thanks, we'll be waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1246
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    1.)He left or was forced to leave (probably former?) his position due to a political donation half a decade ago.
    2.)How it came about matters not, however.
    3.)That his political position from 5 years ago was enough to cause him to leave is the key point here.

    And the point of debate is...should it have been?
    1.) yes its possible he was asked or forced but so far he says he stepped down and it started based off his bigotry being exposed
    2.) i agree it doesnt matter how people found out he was a bigot
    3.) yes i understand its a main part of the story as i said many times
    4.) you want to know should he have decided to step down? thats on him

    and to answer your question in general, YES in general things of this nature can absolutley make a person decided to move on or a company to ask a person or fire them.

    just for an extreme example what if the director of a physiological and physical care center for battered women beat his wife and people found out?
    people would probably speck out about that and he may decided to step down, be asked to or be fired

    as long as its with in the guidlines of the law i see no reason to cry about it whether i agree or not.

    DO you? are you saying a person is 100% free from repercussions of their actions? especially a high profile one. I know your not im just saying.

    In this whol thread i havent condone what happened to him or not just said its not a surprise, its legal and so far he is a bigoted until something else says otherwise
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1247
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    He left or was forced to leave (probably former?) his position due to a political donation half a decade ago.

    How it came about matters not, however.

    That his political position from over 5 years ago was enough to cause him to leave is the key point here.

    And the point of debate is...should it have been?
    Actually his position then was the same as Obama's and Hillary's then.....Where are the gays outrage against them?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #1248
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    If you do not understand how disgusting is this episode then you lack the faculties to discuss it. Sorry to bother you.
    translation: you cant defend your stance so you deflect and try and failed insult.
    Im sorry free speech and rights bother you
    let me know when you can defend your stance.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    "Will he now be forced to walk through the streets in shame? Why not the stocks? The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out. If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us."
    --Andrew Sullivan
    IMO, I don't even believe there are many who even hate gays - sure they may disagree with their lifestyle but the majority that do don't hate gays. Of course there is a fraction of extremist groups out there (of every kind) but I suppose my point is you don't have to hate someone to disagree with them.

    Besides, the whole gay issue is not a right or left wing issue...

    There are a lot of progressive and communist groups/organizations out there that literally hate and can't stand homosexuality and the fact homosexuals are accepted in society.

  10. #1250
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,208

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Great points. What happened to Eich is fascist-like as far as I'm concerned. He was forced out for exercising his free speech rights. Not only did the majority of Californians vote to recognize marriage to be between a man and a women but the President of the United States in 2008 shared their point of view as well. Because of the law in California requiring that all people that donate more than $100 to anything in a proposition/ballot initiative have to be made public, some people found out that Brendan Eich four years ago donated $1000 to Proposition 8, which was the California initiative to establish marriage as that between a man and a woman. And look what can result from that when pressured by fascist acting groups? Scary stuff.
    Free speech does not mean people can't hate you, it is not fascist to want to remove your CEO because he is homophobic. The CEO was harming the reputation of the company and employees disagreed with him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •