Page 119 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    But then that raises the question of what is morality. If it is that flexible does true morality really exist, or do we only have laws to keep us in line?
    Essentially morality is nothing but laws (or rules) in one way or another. Morality is defined by society.

  2. #1182
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    Sorry-- total strawman.

    The argument is this:

    Mozilla certainly had the right to request his resignation, because, as has been pointed out repeatedly, it would be impossible for him to be effective in his job, in light of the campaign against him. There is no claim that his rights were violated, or that new laws need to be made.

    Its the nature of the campaign that was objectionable. There were no claims that his job performance was tainted by his opposition to same sex marriage. No claims that, in 2008 as he was writing out his $1000 check, or that in any year, he was purging gays on the job, or creating a hostile workplace. He was not advocating his opposition on the job, or indeed to co-workers off job time. Nobody seemed to know of his opposition. He was a man who showed up to work everyday and did his job well, and who in the judgement of the Board of directors, was quite suitable for the job of CEO.

    He had a personal opinion at odds with many employees of Mozilla. And they would not tolerate it.
    And their lack of tolerance is the problem.
    It's not a strawman. He was forced to leave due to his actions (donating money) against gay marriage. The point is anyone working in a private place of business can get canned simply for voicing an opinion that may be disagreeable to someone who has the power to fire. It happens all the time. This same thing could happen to any hard working person. Maybe you need to go back and read the whole post.

  3. #1183
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    It's a good thing to change your mind. If Obama was against gay marriage before the election (I doubt it but it doesn't matter)

    In a certain way it does, since the objection here is that Eich did not seem to have a principled opinion on the subject. Which is also conceded as a possibility on Obama end, but for which is dismissed as unimportant since he wound up doing the "right thing."

    As an aside, when Obama announced his change of opinion, he said supporters of gay rights should not be vindictive toward who have differing opinions. Naturally, President Obama has said (through his spokesman) that the administration has no opinion one way or the other as this whole Mozilla issue.

  4. #1184
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It's not a strawman. He was forced to leave due to his actions (donating money) against gay marriage. The point is anyone working in a private place of business can get canned simply for voicing an opinion that may be disagreeable to someone who has the power to fire. It happens all the time. This same thing could happen to any hard working person. Maybe you need to go back and read the whole post.
    I read the post. It is still not on point as to the nature of the objection.

  5. #1185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    He had a personal opinion at odds with many employees of Mozilla. And they would not tolerate it.
    And their lack of tolerance is the problem.
    I guess I'll say it again. He didn't just have a personal opinion. He donated to an effort to enforce his opinion on EVERYONE, for all time.

    And you have to love people claiming that intolerance of his enforced-by-the-Constitution-and-binding-on-future-generations-intolerance is somehow surprising or in any way illegitimate.

  6. #1186
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I guess I'll say it again. He didn't just have a personal opinion. He donated to an effort to enforce his opinion on EVERYONE, for all time.

    And you have to love people claiming that intolerance of his enforced-by-the-Constitution-and-binding-on-future-generations-intolerance is somehow surprising or in any way illegitimate.
    Prop 8 was overturned. What's the issue?

  7. #1187
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    I read the post. It is still not on point as to the nature of the objection.
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt. It clearly is related.

  8. #1188
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    05-15-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    279

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
    What doubt there, Rabbit?

  9. #1189
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyO View Post
    What doubt there, Rabbit?
    That you didn't read the entire article.

  10. #1190
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)The only fact that you have that he is a bigot is that he donated to a particular cause only once. That's pretty thin evidence to destroy a man's career over.

    2.) Although I suspect that this really matters little to you and others in the LGBT community.

    3.)Facts I have brought, or have been posted:
    3a)[*]Mozilla was an LGBT friendly workplace - Eich's personal blog posting
    3b.)Eich was a founder of Mozilla - Wikipedia
    3c.)LGBT see fit to force a man out of job on the mere fact that he contributed once to a prevalent political position at the time - demonstration and boycotts covered in media[/list]
    3.)What facts do you have that he's a bigot, barring a single donation to that one cause from years ago?
    1.) correct, it is a fact he donated money to keep help in the cause to stop gays from having rights. Theres nothign thin about that lol
    second, who said i wanted to destroy his career or that i even said thats a reason to destroy his career?

    oh thats right NOBODY, its another lie you posted and failed starwman that is meaningless to anything i actually said lol wow, so when your argument completely fails you just make more stuff up and post more lies, thats brilliant! but again nobody educated honest and objective buys it

    2.) now, your strawmen dont matter to me or facts, secondly im not in the lgbt community lol why would you even think that?

    3a.) meaningless to him being a bigot
    3b.) meaningless to him being a bigot
    3c.) meaningless to him being a bigot and he wasnt forced out he stepped down

    thank you for posting two facts that have no impact on his bigotry and one thing that is not a fact but your meaningless opinion

    4.) none nor do i need one. SInce that fact is HUGE and theres ZERO other facts that take away from it thats prefcient

    it seems you think his donation is something "small", its not
    if i donated 1000 dollars to not allow the religion of judism to be practiced any more because im a chrisitian thats not something little, that would make me factually a bigot. That is fighting to deny others rights, it doesnt get any more bigoted than that.

    i reapeat:

    Can you post anything that doesnt fail and get proven factually wrong?

    let us know when you have a accurate, factual and logical argument to present. We'll be here PLEASE PLEASE let us know when you have any facts that show he isnt a bigot anymore. heck even one will do . . . . one

    ONE is all you need,we'll wait
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •