Page 115 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1141
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    1.)You using my post as a springboard to post your pre-fab post about ssm.
    2.)Thread is barely even about ssm, even though we were discussing it like the easily distracted mfers I am.
    1.) no I was just providing info you didnt seem to have. I got that impression from you saying that it "seems" to be moving that direction. Its definitely moving that direction thats all
    2.) i agree 100% (including myself)

    I think thats because theres nothing to discuss about the real op, its really an empty issue so other things spread from it

    the Op basically adds up to, a person did something bigoted that people didnt like but that he has the right to do. People voiced thier opinions about what he did like they had the right to do. THat person stepped down. Nothing illegal happen so far as we know.

    theres nothing to talk about until then so people went in other directions
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1142
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)I get it. Assume he's a bigot unless proven otherwise.
    3.)That's the same as guilty until proven innocent.
    4.)Have you ever thought that he may have donated to that cause and still not be a bigot?
    Oh of course not.

    5.)Shows exactly how extreme and unreasonable you are on this topic.
    1.) no the fact is you dont, your posts prove that
    2.) nope i would never assume that about anybody. WHat i am doing is going by the facts and definitions until theres evidence otherwise lol
    3.) yes that WOULD be, good thing thats factually not being done. But you are free to try and sell that lie as much as you wont. Nobody honest, educated and objective will buy it
    4.) this is IMPOSSIBLE unless of course you want to ASSUME it was a mistake lol

    its thats what you are saying? you want me to now IGNORE facts and evidence and ASSUME it was a mistake?

    sorry your post fails again

    5.) another failed straw man, yes its unreasonable to use facts and logic.
    Can you post anything that doesnt fail and get proven factually wrong? I thought you were done?

    let me know when you have a accurate, factual and logical argument to present. We'll be here PLEASE PLEASE let us know when you have any facts that show he isnt a bigot anymore. heck even one will do . . . . one
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1143
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Nope, regular church attendance was the overwhelming contributing factor at a whopping 84%.
    Do you understand reality? Church attendance is a SUBSET of Christian. You don't provide us with the composition of Attend Church and Don't Attend Church which constitutes the group Christian. Of those who do attend Church, 84% voted in favor and some good portion of that group was also black and Hispanic.

    Current research on church attendance by Christians puts the figure at 20.4% and African church attendance is exploding:

    Almost all the U.S. Mainline denominations have liberalized their views on homosexuality, as on so many other theological and ethical issues. But the United Methodists are edging in the opposite direction thanks mostly to the dramatic growth of conservative African churches. At its next governing convention in 2012, about 40 percent of the delegates will come from outside the U.S., virtually guaranteeing United Methodists will not follow the Episcopalians, Evangelical Lutherans, United Church of Christ and others whose membership declines accelerated after accommodating liberal sexual standards. Those denominations also have suffered schisms, with conservatives forming new communions. Many traditional Episcopalians are now aligned with autonomous, and thriving, Anglican churches in Africa.

    Church liberals, so proud of their historic liberationist solidarity with the Global South, are befuddled by conservative African churches. The American United Methodist bishops even contrived to contain the African influence by proposing a new U.S. only church convention that would omit the Africans and other internationals. That plan failed in 2009 when local United Methodist annual conferences voted overwhelmingly against it. The Africans will remain full partners in United Methodist governance, with increasing repercussions for U.S. church members. African church growth will dramatically affect global Christianity. The International Bulletin of Missionary Research reports that Africa had fewer than 9 million Christians in 1900, compared to 475 million today, and 670 million expected by 2025
    .

    So let's do the math.

    Top level = Christian @ 70% of voters.
    Sublevel = Attend Church @20.4%
    Subsublevel = 84% approval

    All told, church goers accounted for (.84 x .204 x .70) = 12% of all votes cast.

  4. #1144
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,947
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) no the fact is you dont, your posts prove that
    2.) nope i would never assume that about anybody. WHat i am doing is going by the facts and definitions until theres evidence otherwise lol
    3.) yes that WOULD be, good thing thats factually not being done. But you are free to try and sell that lie as much as you wont. Nobody honest, educated and objective will buy it
    4.) this is IMPOSSIBLE unless of course you want to ASSUME it was a mistake lol

    its thats what you are saying? you want me to now IGNORE facts and evidence and ASSUME it was a mistake?

    sorry your post fails again

    5.) another failed straw man, yes its unreasonable to use facts and logic.
    Can you post anything that doesnt fail and get proven factually wrong? I thought you were done?

    let me know when you have a accurate, factual and logical argument to present. We'll be here PLEASE PLEASE let us know when you have any facts that show he isnt a bigot anymore. heck even one will do . . . . one
    The only fact that you have that he is a bigot is that he donated to a particular cause only once. That's pretty thin evidence to destroy a man's career over. Although I suspect that this really matters little to you and others in the LGBT community.

    Facts I have brought, or have been posted:
    • Mozilla was an LGBT friendly workplace - Eich's personal blog posting
    • Eich was a founder of Mozilla - Wikipedia
    • LGBT see fit to force a man out of job on the mere fact that he contributed once to a prevalent political position at the time - demonstration and boycotts covered in media

    What facts do you have that he's a bigot, barring a single donation to that one cause from years ago?

  5. #1145
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,845

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    The only fact that you have that he is a bigot is that he donated to a particular cause only once. That's pretty thin evidence to destroy a man's career over. Although I suspect that this really matters little to you and others in the LGBT community.

    Facts I have brought, or have been posted:
    • Mozilla was an LGBT friendly workplace - Eich's personal blog posting
    • Eich was a founder of Mozilla - Wikipedia
    • LGBT see fit to force a man out of job on the mere fact that he contributed once to a prevalent political position at the time - demonstration and boycotts covered in media

    What facts do you have that he's a bigot, barring a single donation to that one cause from years ago?
    He was asked whether he'd do it again and wasn't willing to say no.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #1146
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,047

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Do you understand reality? Church attendance is a SUBSET of Christian. You don't provide us with the composition of Attend Church and Don't Attend Church which constitutes the group Christian. Of those who do attend Church, 84% voted in favor and some good portion of that group was also black and Hispanic.

    Current research on church attendance by Christians puts the figure at 20.4% and African church attendance is exploding:

    Almost all the U.S. Mainline denominations have liberalized their views on homosexuality, as on so many other theological and ethical issues. But the United Methodists are edging in the opposite direction thanks mostly to the dramatic growth of conservative African churches. At its next governing convention in 2012, about 40 percent of the delegates will come from outside the U.S., virtually guaranteeing United Methodists will not follow the Episcopalians, Evangelical Lutherans, United Church of Christ and others whose membership declines accelerated after accommodating liberal sexual standards. Those denominations also have suffered schisms, with conservatives forming new communions. Many traditional Episcopalians are now aligned with autonomous, and thriving, Anglican churches in Africa.

    Church liberals, so proud of their historic liberationist solidarity with the Global South, are befuddled by conservative African churches. The American United Methodist bishops even contrived to contain the African influence by proposing a new U.S. only church convention that would omit the Africans and other internationals. That plan failed in 2009 when local United Methodist annual conferences voted overwhelmingly against it. The Africans will remain full partners in United Methodist governance, with increasing repercussions for U.S. church members. African church growth will dramatically affect global Christianity. The International Bulletin of Missionary Research reports that Africa had fewer than 9 million Christians in 1900, compared to 475 million today, and 670 million expected by 2025
    .

    So let's do the math.

    Top level = Christian @ 70% of voters.
    Sublevel = Attend Church @20.4%
    Subsublevel = 84% approval

    All told, church goers accounted for (.84 x .204 x .70) = 12% of all votes cast.
    I had to post a screen cap from the source because it's not allowing me to copy and paste easily.

    poll.jpg

    http://www.thetaskforce.org/download...op8_1_6_09.pdf

    So you have the largest contributing factors being ideology (with Republicans and Conservatives voting at 81% and 82% respectively), church attendance at 70% (whoops, my memory was off), 65 and older at 67% (I owe Deuce an apology) and finally black people at 58%. Of course, the idea that it was older conservative religious church goers who were overwhelmingly in favor of prop 8 is boring and predictable (and obvious), so conservatives just ignore this and go with the idiotic "Liberals can't control their black people har har!" theme. Unless you want me to believe the conservative republican church goers over 65 were all black people?

  7. #1147
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Don't know what people are getting so worked up about. It frankly doesn't matter if it was a long time ago or not, it's power politics. Different websites like OKCupid were already blocking Mozilla in protest. If Mozilla didn't take this action and fire the CEO, they would have hemorrhaged Firefox users left and right simply by virtue of not being able to access popular websites. This was one effective online campaign, and Mozilla made the right choice to save their skin.

    It's too bad that this level of effectiveness can't be applied to other kinds of protest because the public could get some real results.

  8. #1148
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,947
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    He was asked whether he'd do it again and wasn't willing to say no.
    AgentJ's going to want a reference, or it didn't happen. Would you happen to have one?

  9. #1149
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I had to post a screen cap from the source because it's not allowing me to copy and paste easily.
    I don't believe those numbers. Look at what they signal - 45% of all California voters (not just pro, but both pro and con) attend church weekly. I might believe that if we were talking deep in the Bible Belt, and even that would be a stretch, but there's no way I see Jeff Spicoli putting Sunday church attendance high on his list. That high of a result, 45% of all voters, just doesn't characterize California.

  10. #1150
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,047

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I don't believe those numbers. Look at what they signal - 45% of all California voters (not just pro, but both pro and con) attend church weekly. I might believe that if we were talking deep in the Bible Belt, and even that would be a stretch, but there's no way I see Jeff Spicoli putting Sunday church attendance high on his list. That high of a result, 45% of all voters, just doesn't characterize California.
    LOL, of course you don't. And where are you from to characterize California like that? Do you look over here and just see West Hollywood and San Francisco?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •