Page 114 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1131
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There is this link here regarding California but perhaps the IRS leaked it earlier. They are being sued so something seems to have happened. I'll try to find out more.

    The link claims that it wasn't only link who was attacked when the names of the donors were made public. How did people find out that Mozilla’s CEO donated to support Prop 8? « Hot Air
    So good friends of LGBT. Here is your database of other people to hound out of jobs, nice and conveniently online and a searchable database:
    Rumors are floating around Twitter that proof of Brendan Eich’s donation was illegally leaked by people in government sympathetic to the cause of gay marriage. Not so. I’d forgotten about it, but friends reminded me that the LA Times obtained a list of people who gave, for and against, to the fight over the Prop 8 referendum in 2008. They put the whole database online and made it searchable. Search it today and, sure enough, there’s Eich with a $1,000 donation in favor. Under California law, that disclosure is perfectly legal: The state is authorized to provide certain personal information about anyone who donates more than $100 to a ballot measure. Why the state is allowed to do that, I’m not sure. The reason you want transparency when donating to a candidate is to prevent an elected official, who’s supposed to serve the public interest, from being secretly coopted by huge sums of money provided by a special interest. In a ballot measure, though, the money being spent is designed to influence the public itself. They’re the final arbiter of the public interest, no?
    How did people find out that Mozilla’s CEO donated to support Prop 8? « Hot Air

    Make sure that each of the bigots is hounded out of town, hanging their heads in shame as they go. Do please proceed with wreaking their lives, so that you can feel good.

    Probably most of them will end up bringing their talents, skills and wealth to the great state of Texas, to the continued greater detriment of California. But hey, at least you'll be able to feel good and righteous about doing so.
    Last edited by eohrnberger; 04-06-14 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Noted correction and removed left / right reference

  2. #1132
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Also as a general note

    to ANYBODY claiming that this is a right or left issue please stop, this type of intellectual dishonest fools nobody.

    As an independent there are MILLIONS of righties and lefties that support equal rights.

    There are also millions of both that are against it unfortunate

    denying this fact only weakens the validity of anything else said
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1133
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Yeah, wasn't relevant:

    California's black and Latino voters, who turned out in droves for Barack Obama, also provided key support in favor of the state's same-sex marriage ban. Seven in 10 black voters backed a successful ballot measure to overturn the California Supreme Court's May decision allowing same-sex marriage, according to exit polls for The Associated Press.

    More than half of Latino voters supported Proposition 8, while whites were split. Religious groups led the tightly organized campaign for the measure, and religious voters were decisive in getting it passed. Of the seven in 10 voters who described themselves as Christian, two-thirds backed the initiative. Married voters and voters with children strongly supported Proposition 8. Unmarried voters were heavily opposed.

    Blacks = 70%
    Christians = 66%

    Liberals know that it's not politically correct to attacks blacks, so they remain silent instead and direct their attacks on the only group they've permitted themselves to attack - the Christians who they hate.
    Nope, regular church attendance was the overwhelming contributing factor at a whopping 84%, and ideology with conservatives clocking in at 82%. Conservatives just took the race factor and ignored everything else because it fit in with a funny but ultimately false narrative.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 04-06-14 at 12:35 AM.

  4. #1134
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LOL still nothing huh
    another failed strawman

    nope his donation already proved him guilty
    now if you want him to be innocent youll need evidence of the contrary.

    Basic logic, facts and relaity.

    Let us know when you have something
    I provide solid references, and you dismiss them. Fine. I'm now dismissing you.

  5. #1135
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)I provide solid references, and you dismiss them. Fine.
    2.)I'm now dismissing you.
    1.)LMAO no you didnt you provided a bunch that in your OPINION you think makes his bigotry magically disappear.
    you provided NOTHING factual that makes that happen.

    Once you provide a FACT that erases his bigotry then youll have somethign, until then you got nothing.

    2.) good move since your posts are failing, i accept your concession
    Last edited by AGENT J; 04-06-14 at 12:39 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1136
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Being for traditional marriage doesn't mean someone is anti-Gay. This man apparently treated gays with respect with nothing in his past that showed any bias whatsoever but he drew the line at marriage.

    Soon there will be the same debate regarding polygamy. Should those who are not for polygamous marriages be called 'bigots' because they disagree with the idea?
    You know, I hear you and I understand your concerns about the "traditional" definition of marriage changing and how that concerns some. I don't share that concern though. Think about it for a minute. Historically, how humans define marriage has changed again and again. If it did change (again), from our current definition, how exactly would that harm anyone? How would it harm you? It wouldn't. You would live your and promote your understanding of it and others would do the same. Nothing in your life would change.

    As for the rest of the world or for future generations, I would guess that some would have concerns about the moral decay our society but there are many things that are rotting us from within at a much faster clip than the changing definition of marriage.

    It's hard not to believe that those who oppose altering our current definition of marriage, are primarily motivated by a fear of change or a fear that people will start marrying sheep or some such nonsense. I see their fear as their problem and while I would certainly make an effort to reassure them that everything will be okay, it's not enough to warrant not allowing the definition to evolve to something more inclusive.
    Last edited by opendebate; 04-06-14 at 12:41 AM.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #1137
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Marriage is not a 'right' If you can show that it is please point it out.
    It is against the law and all laws are guided by the constitution.


    My opinion tends to be formed by facts.
    I already told you when marriage became a right. June 12, 1967.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #1138
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,756

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    no sigh, what do you disagree with lol
    You using my post as a springboard to post your pre-fab post about ssm.

    Thread is barely even about ssm, even though we were discussing it like the easily distracted mfers I am.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #1139
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)LMAO no you didnt you provided a bunch that in your OPINION you think makes his bigotry magically disappear.
    you provided NOTHING factual that makes that happen.

    Once you provide a FACT that erases his bigotry then youll have somethign until then you got nothing.

    2.) good move since your posts are failing, i accept your concession
    I get it. Assume he's a bigot unless proven otherwise. That's the same as guilty until proven innocent.
    Have you ever thought that he may have donated to that cause and still not be a bigot?
    Oh of course not. Shows exactly how extreme and unreasonable you are on this topic.

  10. #1140
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    A recent remake of Planet of the Apes contained a perfect depiction of a modern American liberal…
    To make it conservative, replace the quote with this:

    "I mean, I'm all for individual freedom unless it's something I personally disapprove of."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •