Page 111 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1101
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    So this is the liberal tolerance for dissenting positions and opinions that we've heard so much about?
    A recent remake of Planet of the Apes contained a perfect depiction of a modern American liberal…

    2012-08-04-19.25.54.jpg
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #1102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I see. I really need to learn more about the details in this case. Based on what I know I disagree with him being forced out of his job.

    If his actions within the organization had been consistently and widely in conflict with the stated mission of the company than I could understand it. But it doesn't appear they have been. It actually appears that despite his personal opinion he has helped to build a company that actively promotes inclusion and accessibility. If this is all there is to it,then I think it may be an over-reaction.

    We can't know every opinion someone holds and we can't assume that anyone will act contrary to a companies mission just because their personal opinion is different no matter how much power or authority they have within that organization.

    People should be free to think what they want no matter how messed up it is but how they behave is another matter.
    Being for traditional marriage doesn't mean someone is anti-Gay. This man apparently treated gays with respect with nothing in his past that showed any bias whatsoever but he drew the line at marriage.

    Soon there will be the same debate regarding polygamy. Should those who are not for polygamous marriages be called 'bigots' because they disagree with the idea?

  3. #1103
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) a bit underhanded? lol come one now. If this was done to you or your family id guess you call it more than that "bit underhanded"
    do you have kids? if this was done to one of them and the only reason they did it is because of thier race, gender, religion, origin etc etc im "guessing" youd call it a little more than that
    2.) yes if that was the choice id probably agree but luckily this isnt russia, its america where we have rights and they are being protected
    3.) this is true but its a dumb step to take when its not needed. Equal rights is winning
    What is with all the numbering of my statements, anyways? I suppose it's easier than quoting individual sections...

    I agree that the trend seems to be towards allowing equal rights/gay marriage/same sex marriage/whateveryoucallit.

    I figured this could be a shortcut, but whatever.

    I wouldn't put it past some areas to hold out for a long time.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #1104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Obama clearly states he's against gay marriage while running for the Presidency.
    Exactly!!!

    Then he is "factually a bigot" according to Agent J--- LOL this is just too funny.

  5. #1105
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,818
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) link, proof, facts?
    Brendan Eich (/ˈk/; born 1961)[1] is an American computer programmer and creator of the JavaScript scripting language. He cofounded Mozilla, briefly becoming the chief executive officer before resigning on April 3, 2014.[2]
    Brendan Eich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    2.) evidence of what?
    His pro LGBT stance. Seems like you've not bothered to read his blog post or my quoting of it in this forum. I'd suggest to go back and do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    3.) yes he was a co founder
    As a founder, the organization is a direct reflection of his values and value system, as the way he leads. His actions speak louder than your indictment against him as a bigot.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    4.) links? facts? proof?
    It is a well known leadership principal that the culture and values of the organization are a reflection of the leader's values. If you doubt that, I'd suggest reading a few books on leadership.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    like i said there have been judges, politicians, cops etc etc that have been found to be bigots and were leaders in hate groups or donated to hate groups or were in the KKK etc etc

    and while they did thier jobs they did it with in the law, never doing anythign bigoted while on duty, that has ZERO impact on them being a bigot


    ZERO, ZILCH, NOTA, NONE

    why would it?
    can you explain why it impacts that fact one bit?

    are you saying if he was a KKK member but founder of Mozilla who had friendly minority policies and he never practiced racism at work that magically makes him not a bigot? LOL i hope not because thats hilariously terrible logic.
    And here you are trying to tell me that regardless of how a person acts professionally and the leadership example he sets, he's still a bigot until your are satisfied that he's not? Who made you judge and jury? By that same logic, I can accuse you of being a bigot and you are until you prove otherwise. That's pretty much McCarthyism right there. Plan to hold Senate hearing too?

  6. #1106
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    A recent remake of Planet of the Apes contained a perfect depiction of a modern American liberal…

    2012-08-04-19.25.54.jpg
    Freedom of speech means letting the assholes speak their minds.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Might be, but doesn't make sense. From what has been posted in this thread any political donation in California of $1K or more is recorded and made public. So why would the IRS have to release any information if it's public already?
    Actually I'm not certain which way its going. It seems that there has been a sequence of actions here where the IRS has been involved though I'm not clear on how that may conflict with California law..

  8. #1108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Being for traditional marriage doesn't mean someone is anti-Gay. This man apparently treated gays with respect with nothing in his past that showed any bias whatsoever but he drew the line at marriage.

    Soon there will be the same debate regarding polygamy. Should those who are not for polygamous marriages be called 'bigots' because they disagree with the idea?
    Oh don't try to bring up logic in this debate by asking a question about polygamy, they won't hear you, their hands are over their ears.

    But you see it works this way with those in that camp: If you can change the definition of "gay" to mean homosexual. Then why stop at the definition of "bigotry"? Didn't you get the memo? Bigotry now means disagreement.

  9. #1109
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    What do any of these questions have to do with anything? I freely admit to being human. I have acted out of bigotry in life I have suffered the consequences just like everyone else. I currently do not hold any bigoted views.
    You've just openly admitted otherwise, in the very same posting:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    The CEO never stated that he regrets the donation. So as far as any one is concerned he is still convinced the homosexuals should be barred from marriage and thus he is still a bigot.

    Your opinion that someone who respects sanctity of marriage, and opposes having a sick mockery of it being forced upon society, must be a bigot, is itself a bigoted opinion. You openly defend depriving anyone who holds such an opinion of their right to freely express it, and even interfering with their means of livelihood. You have here, unabashedly engaged in far more blatant bigotry than that of which you are falsely accusing others.

    Once again, an observation is proven, that I have repeatedly made; that those who most loudly proclaim their opposition to bigotry usually turn out to be the worst bigots of all.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #1110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)are you claiming marriage isnt in a right? i hope not because youd be factually wrong lol
    Marriage is not a 'right' If you can show that it is please point it out.
    is the right not to be raped in the constitution?
    It is against the law and all laws are guided by the constitution.
    3.) you are free to have this opinion but thats all it will ever be lol
    My opinion tends to be formed by facts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •