Page 109 of 179 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1081
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Such bull-hockey. At will employment leaves the door wide open for people to get fired for far more than a political cause one contributes toward. I've the feeling the latter doesn't factor much into the many firings happening on a daily basis.
    You've got a feeling? The fact is that unions even stand up the child molesters among them, as well as drug users..

    It's rare to hear the same rules that apply to regular workers may also apply to CEOs, but it seems so in this case. He'll probably fare far better than any average joe. Perhaps, the answer could be to give protection to everyone from such firings? I doubt that is even a plausible solution but thought I'd throw it out there so you could at least see that at best there seems to be a double standard being applied and at worst some people are fine with that because they've been properly groomed to feed off of such hype.
    Maybe, perhaps and probably? The fact is that you have nothing to support your position.

  2. #1082
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,833
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) 100% wrong. Facts and definitions cant be changed by how i see them. Lets review them, he donated money to try and stop people from having equality and rights, that fits the definition of bigotry
    2.) so it was HIM who designed/wrote and enforced this LGBT friendly policies and atmosphere Mozilla?
    also what did they involve?
    did they only exist because of him or were they in place before him?
    are these policies just in accordance to LAW?
    As one of the founders of Mozilla, yes, he would have much involvement in setting the culture of the organization. I believe they exceeded the law when they offered full benefits to SSM partners when they did, although the laws in CA may have caught up with Mozilla by now. I don't really know.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    please answer these questions

    3.) nope not "fair" just going by FACTS, fair has nothing to do with it

    until there's new facts and evidence why would i ASSUME differently?
    Personal blog posting I quoted is evidence to be considered, yes?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    4.) no it counts for absolutely nothing LMAO why would it
    again back to the culture/policies unless his idea, he wrote it, made sure it was enforced, didnt excist before he got there and it wasnt inspired by law and rights that already exist.
    He founded the company for christ's sake. Its the embodiment of his value system.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    if that happen THEN ill change my opinion
    Somehow I doubt it. I think you are as bigoted as those you hate, but claim moral superiority in your own mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    say a cop is a bigot against <insert group here> and he donated money to not grant them rights or to a hate group against them or was leader of a hate group against women or blacks or Christians etc etc

    BUT

    while he was a cop he never unjustly arrested one of said group and followed the law and practiced god job duties

    whould that stop him from being a bigot?


    nope. lol


    so as soon as you have something that shows he isnt ill stick with facts and definitions

  3. #1083
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Might be, but doesn't make sense. From what has been posted in this thread any political donation in California of $1K or more is recorded and made public. So why would the IRS have to release any information if it's public already?
    Perhaps you should investigate the issue yourself.

  4. #1084
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) lol no rant just wanted to show how dumb the idea is with examples
    2.) that wouldnt be a claim that would be a fact
    3.) yes it would be a cop out to call it somethign else
    4.) you say that but still havent proved it
    5.) dont care what people call it just like people dont call many marriages today real marriages, interracial, inter-religious, remarriages etc etc
    6.) correct it is beside the point and not the goal
    7.) Id accept it to IF it was possible, really equal and wasnt a cop out ot let the bigots win
    8.) it would be interesting IF this wasnt a new argument to hide bigotry and there was a very simply way to grant factual equal rights besides using the word.

    the word is only important because its the only honest and factual way to grant equal rights.

    IF there was another honest, factual and equal way id be all for it but there isnt
    It may be a bit underhanded, but given a choice between "not allowed at all" and "we'll change the name for everyone", I'd go with the latter. Could be modified later, anyway. Once everyone realized the world didn't end, and all that.


    I still think it's BS that a word matters so much though. But then we're humans. Stupid mfers.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #1085
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    To forgive is divine. Yet there is no forgiveness for Eich? After all, he did apologize, in public, in writing.
    You quoted the part of one of my previous post in which I told you that riverdad is a white nationlist and that homosexuals, despite riverdads refusal to accept this fact, are more subject to depression because of society.

    In response you non chalantly referred to the burden we all must carry and the human condition. You also in the same post agreed that because africans commit the most crimes that it is ok to in effect hold them all accountable for the actions of complete strangers and judge accordingly.

    Where is your own foregiveness?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  6. #1086
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    They are upset over a donations from 6 years ago and practicing McCarthyism today. It's 2014 today.. not 2008. LBGT got what they wanted and now they are being the bigots.
    Someone called them 'sore winners', and that about sums them up.

  7. #1087
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    1.)As one of the founders of Mozilla, yes, he would have much involvement in setting the culture of the organization. I believe they exceeded the law when they offered full benefits to SSM partners when they did, although the laws in CA may have caught up with Mozilla by now. I don't really know.
    2.)Personal blog posting I quoted is evidence to be considered, yes?
    3.)He founded the company for christ's sake.
    4.)Its the embodiment of his value system.


    Somehow I doubt it. I think you are as bigoted as those you hate, but claim moral superiority in your own mind.
    1.) link, proof, facts?
    2.) evidence of what?
    3.) yes he was a co founder
    4.) links? facts? proof?

    like i said there have been judges, politicians, cops etc etc that have been found to be bigots and were leaders in hate groups or donated to hate groups or were in the KKK etc etc

    and while they did thier jobs they did it with in the law, never doing anythign bigoted while on duty, that has ZERO impact on them being a bigot


    ZERO, ZILCH, NOTA, NONE

    why would it?
    can you explain why it impacts that fact one bit?

    are you saying if he was a KKK member but founder of Mozilla who had friendly minority policies and he never practiced racism at work that magically makes him not a bigot? LOL i hope not because thats hilariously terrible logic.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1088
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I see. I really need to learn more about the details in this case. Based on what I know I disagree with him being forced out of his job.

    If his actions within the organization had been consistently and widely in conflict with the stated mission of the company than I could understand it. But it doesn't appear they have been. It actually appears that despite his personal opinion he has helped to build a company that actively promotes inclusion and accessibility. If this is all there is to it,then I think it may be an over-reaction.

    We can't know every opinion someone holds and we can't assume that anyone will act contrary to a companies mission just because their personal opinion is different no matter how much power or authority they have within that organization.

    People should be free to think what they want no matter how messed up it is but how they behave is another matter.

    That's almost exactly my stance. I don't agree with anybody 100% about everything, and my best contributors to growth are my detractors. They're either going to influence me more towards another view or entrench my position with needed input. But none of these can happen, without the freedom to express our thoughts. Action on the other hand is much more limited by regulations, rules, legalities and accountability. Engaging in the political process, thru donations or votes is considered still within the arena of expression, as long as it's done legally.


    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Changed their minds or changed their stated opinions. I know a lot of people who are fatigued by the whole issue and have given up standing up for their principles. Their principles haven't changed but their stated position has.

    This is simply a variant on the fact that small groups with super-heated intensity on their peculiar interest are going to be hammering away at an issue all the time where normal people can't get as worked up about that small issue and match the intensity, so they neglect it. The minorities capture the system.
    No, many have changed their minds, and seen that it's simply unfair to make moral judgments of this nature on others. The social stigma about sexual orientation is changing rapidly because of people realizing, it's a personal matter that doesn't affect them directly.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  9. #1089
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    That's unrealistic to say someone didn't change their position or opinion. The percentage of people that are for SSM has changed dramatically, since that time in the polls, so a lot of other people have changed their minds.
    No, it's naive to think a 50 year old ideoleologue could change a life long opinion, that just so happens to be politically expediant in a instant.

    Given his tendency to lie repeatedly to get his way politically it would be BEYOND naive and would actually qualify as willful ignorance to believe he was sincere when he claimed to have evolved on the issue.

    Americans willingness to be so easily manipulated by corrupt Politicians is a HUGE problem for this Country as the dumbest among us are now imposing their will on the rest of us.

  10. #1090
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post


    Somehow I doubt it. I think you are as bigoted as those you hate, but claim moral superiority in your own mind.
    sorry i missed this part and its a VERY funny deflection

    LOL is this the best failed strawman you got since your other argument totally failed and got destroyed by multiple posters?

    well you are free to have that opinion but the issue is you theres no proof
    I dont hate him at all or in the very least lol
    also I didnt mention morals
    but please feel free to make up more stories that wont help your failed posts

    not to mention if you actually read this thread i said he has the right to feel the way he does, he also has the right to preach, say how he feels he can also teach his own those same views etc etc. That is his right.
    I have no "judgement" of him personally i dont know know him just pointed out that going by facts and definitions he is a bigot.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •