Page 108 of 179 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1784

Thread: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

  1. #1071
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,930
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Tarnished by their own behavior? And what about every other race? Sand hooks, batman massacre, columbine high school, The list goes on. White people commit crimes too? Are they tarnished. Are they by default mass murderers until proven otherwise? It makes no since. To apply such logic to only the black community shows an extreme amount of delusion.
    Per capital percentage wise, it is far more likely that someone of African-American decent be involved in violent crime. A rather starling conclusion drawn from crime statistics.

    No one said anything that whites do not commit crimes. They do. At a significantly lesser extent than African-Americans.

    Fact are facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    White do have the right to choose where they want to live. What does that have to do with the point I brought up? Whites can choose to move, but if they are moving because they don't want to be near blacks, because they assume all blacks are bad and dangerous, then that is racism.
    No, I never made the leap that assuming all blacks are bad and dangerous, that's your claim of another's position, so that'd be a second hand opinion. I think that there's no problem at all provided that the values and behaviors are more similar than different (note, I did not say identical).

    Calling people who move out from, or disagree with, people that have vastly different value systems racist is firstly not accurate, and secondly not realistic.

    Who's to say why whites decide to move out of a house.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    - I was talking about riverdad as his own exact opinion on diversity. He is a white nationalist.

    - Homosexuals are not the cause of their own depression, society is. Captain Courtesy, who is a professional in this field, not only provided riverdad with the studies that proved this, but also shared his own insight. Riverdad stubbornly clung to his bigoted position.
    Everyone has their burdens they have to carry through life. It's kinda how it works, the human condition and all.

  2. #1072
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    1.)Damn, talk about a rant.
    2.)Sure, there are some people who would claim they changed word just so they could get away with not allowing "gay marriage" while still allowing it, under a different name.
    3.)It's a cop-out, really
    4.) but it would still technically be "equal rights".
    5.) Then everyone could continue calling it "gay marriage" instead of "marriage", much like they will anyway.
    6.)You can't legislate thought, but that's beside the point.
    7.)I'd accept changing all "marriage" documents to "civil unions" if it meant gay people could get married in the legal sense. Which is the only thing that can be moderated legally in any case.
    8.)Insisting on the use of the word marriage seems kinda ironic though, when one of the "arguments" against same-sex marriage is that the word doesn't mean that. "words mean things, etc, etc., and all that bs".
    1.) lol no rant just wanted to show how dumb the idea is with examples
    2.) that wouldnt be a claim that would be a fact
    3.) yes it would be a cop out to call it somethign else
    4.) you say that but still havent proved it
    5.) dont care what people call it just like people dont call many marriages today real marriages, interracial, inter-religious, remarriages etc etc
    6.) correct it is beside the point and not the goal
    7.) Id accept it to IF it was possible, really equal and wasnt a cop out ot let the bigots win
    8.) it would be interesting IF this wasnt a new argument to hide bigotry and there was a very simply way to grant factual equal rights besides using the word.

    the word is only important because its the only honest and factual way to grant equal rights.

    IF there was another honest, factual and equal way id be all for it but there isnt
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1073
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    If he
    is no longer of the opinion that I don't believe he is a bigot. However, sometimes our actions, no matter how long ago, come back to haunt us.
    It's naive considering his personality disorder to think he sincerely changed his opinion.

    His first opinion was sincere.

    So anyone targeted by the LGBT activist for suppprting Prop 8 should be given a pass if they just claimed they had evolved since 2008 ??

  4. #1074
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,930
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    If he is no longer of the opinion that I don't believe he is a bigot. However, sometimes our actions, no matter how long ago, come back to haunt us.
    To forgive is divine. Yet there is no forgiveness for Eich? After all, he did apologize, in public, in writing.

  5. #1075
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    It's naive considering his personality disorder to think he sincerely changed his opinion.

    His first opinion was sincere.

    So anyone targeted by the LGBT activist for suppprting Prop 8 should be given a pass if they just claimed they had evolved since 2008 ??
    That's unrealistic to say someone didn't change their position or opinion. The percentage of people that are for SSM has changed dramatically, since that time in the polls, so a lot of other people have changed their minds.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #1076
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I guess, I see what your saying. Most opinions are a matter of free speech to a certain point. I don't take that as leading to a necessary action, only the desire.

    I'm saying his financial contribution is an extension of his opinion, and not an unethical or illegal act. It can easily be countered by similar contributions for SSM.
    I see. I really need to learn more about the details in this case. Based on what I know I disagree with him being forced out of his job.

    If his actions within the organization had been consistently and widely in conflict with the stated mission of the company than I could understand it. But it doesn't appear they have been. It actually appears that despite his personal opinion he has helped to build a company that actively promotes inclusion and accessibility. If this is all there is to it,then I think it may be an over-reaction.

    We can't know every opinion someone holds and we can't assume that anyone will act contrary to a companies mission just because their personal opinion is different no matter how much power or authority they have within that organization.

    People should be free to think what they want no matter how messed up it is but how they behave is another matter.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #1077
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,930
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Personally, I prefer opera on the sheer compatibility side. I tend to see fewer bugs with opera and better web page rendering.
    Hmm. I wonder if I can make Opera handle it's tabs the same way that I can make Firefox handle it's tabs. Above all else, this is the feature set that I'm looking for more so than any other. LIFO order opening and closing tabs, new tabs are always opened at the right side end.

  8. #1078
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    That's unrealistic to say someone didn't change their position or opinion. The percentage of people that are for SSM has changed dramatically, since that time in the polls, so a lot of other people have changed their minds.
    Changed their minds or changed their stated opinions. I know a lot of people who are fatigued by the whole issue and have given up standing up for their principles. Their principles haven't changed but their stated position has.

    This is simply a variant on the fact that small groups with super-heated intensity on their peculiar interest are going to be hammering away at an issue all the time where normal people can't get as worked up about that small issue and match the intensity, so they neglect it. The minorities capture the system.

  9. #1079
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    I never said he had to apologize to me. What is you problem? You can't even follow your own discussion. You asked me why do I still believe he is still bigot. I replied with he has not apologized for the donation or stated that he no longer holds that position. So for all we know he is still a bigot when it comes to rights and the lgbt community.
    So he does have to apologize for you to say he's not a bigot... so that's technically apologizing to you as you are making the judgement here, not me. And you full of ****. He was on the board of directors and run R&D at Mozilla for years.. ever hear of a case of him being a bigot before your last stand defense of his firing? Nope. Not a one.

    So when you have Andrew Sullivan, the father of the same sex marriage movement, thinks you and others are hypocrites and intolerance.

    That says volumes just too bad too many are deaf, dumb, and blind to realize what he's saying.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  10. #1080
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Mozilla’s CEO steps down amid gay marriage furor[W:577]

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    You don't get it do you.. same opinions and you treat Obama as untouchable. LGBT community should have called for him to resign as President or face whatever. Did they? No. So that's a double standard by the LGBT community starting right there. If you have a standard for one person (Obama) you need that same standard with all. Right? ****ing hypocrites are what they are.
    Obama did not support prop 8 while in presidency. He made the statement, while still a senator, that he believes marriage should be between a man and a woman and did not support the court decision to overturn it. This statement did not go unheard and was subject to much scrutiny. He then changed his position prior to winning the election.

    http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Oba...ge-3278328.php


    Let me exlain something to you. No one in the lgbt community is trying to change anyone's mind. The lgbt community is fighting legislation that denies them equal rights. You hate gays? Fine. Think they are disgusting? Ok. Want them to disappear? Whatever.

    You are entitled to hate whoever you want to hate. However, the moment those opinions turn into action. The moment those opinions turn into laws, then there is an obvious problem.

    It is the fear that your hate will turn into the law that scares the gay community, not your opinion alone. That is why these things spark so much outrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •