Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If Cuba can trade with the rest of the world there is nothing to stop them. The sad fact is they have little too trade apart from young Cuban women. The cigars are now of very poor quality and they can barely feed their people.

    The US does business with China, as do many countries, but few are their 'friends'.
    The cigars are great, I had a real cuban cohiba just the other day and it was marvelous.

    Cuba has a lot to offer the world. Cigars, sugar cane, and a beautiful culture.

  2. #42
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Did I hear that Russia will be planning more exercises in the southern Part of the Western Hemisphere ?
    Physics is Phun

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    The cigars are great, I had a real cuban cohiba just the other day and it was marvelous.

    Cuba has a lot to offer the world. Cigars, sugar cane, and a beautiful culture.
    I doubt it was an actual Cohiba from Cuba, no matter what the packaging said. The soil has been leeched by overuse in a desperate attempt for foreign dollars. The seeds of the original Cuban Cohibas are now being used in Nicaragua (and I'm familiar with these) and even in the eastern US. I've bought what I thought were original Cuban Cohibas and was told otherwise by those who knew. When I smoked I liked the Nicaraguans cigars best.


    No people suffering under a totalitarian regime can be at their best.
    Last edited by Grant; 04-07-14 at 08:00 PM.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I doubt it was an actual Cohiba from Cuba, no matter what the packaging said. The soil has been leeched by overuse in a desperate attempt for foreign dollars. The seeds of the original Cuban Cohibas are now being used in Nicaragua (and I'm familiar with these) and even in the eastern US. I've bought what I thought were original Cuban Cohibas and was told otherwise by those who knew. When I smoked I liked the Nicaraguans cigars best.
    They were Cuban cohibas, I bought them while traveling outside the United States.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    They were Cuban cohibas, I bought them while traveling outside the United States.
    It really doesn't matter where you bought them. Counterfeits are everywhere. I bought my fakes in Costa Rica.

  6. #46
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Things like this don't bother me. What bothers me, though, is going to be the lies our government tell the media (and indirectly us) about this program now that it has been publicly revealed.
    what lies, it is no more nefarious than broadcasting information into a country we don't like. It wasn't as covert as some say and it was paid for by money allocated by Congress.

  7. #47
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If Cuba can trade with the rest of the world there is nothing to stop them. The sad fact is they have little too trade apart from young Cuban women. The cigars are now of very poor quality and they can barely feed their people.

    The US does business with China, as do many countries, but few are their 'friends'.
    Are you assuming China possesses no "sex trade", slave labor, or other problems that Cuba has? So it is ok to trade with China, because everyone else is but not ok to trade with Cuba when everyone else is?

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    That wouldn't work out very well because one set of problems would be replaced with a newer set of the same problems, namely, if the current government was disposed, a new government would invariably be created and installed, which would revert back to previous settings or get even worse, and in-between that transition millions of Americans would die, which in the end, would prove to be needless. And that's assuming that a grassroots effort could even unseat the government, which considering the technological superiority the government enjoys, puts the odds around nil.

    No, what's needed is more contact with Congressmen/Congresswomen and Senators and more activity in educating our fellow citizens to how far this nation has gotten off the tracks and that if we wish to alter the course we're on, we need to do it while we still have some leveraging power.
    Youre off on a tangent. Im talking only about your suggestion that congress cant be trusted with national secrets.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Are you assuming China possesses no "sex trade", slave labor, or other problems that Cuba has? So it is ok to trade with China, because everyone else is but not ok to trade with Cuba when everyone else is?
    I never mentioned China and China is not the subject.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Us secretly created 'cuban twitter' to stir unrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    what lies, it is no more nefarious than broadcasting information into a country we don't like. It wasn't as covert as some say and it was paid for by money allocated by Congress.
    As I said, creating a fake Twitter for Cubans does not bother me. However, as I also said, the likely lies that will come out from the government if the administration is pressed on the issue will probably be the common refrain that every administration uses: the President did not know it was occurring.

    That particular denial has been used WAY too much over the years by Democrats and Republicans alike. The funny/sad thing is that people still fall for it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •