Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 179

Thread: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

  1. #141
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    not correct

    the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.
    I'm not tolerant. And I don't care. Bigots are not to be tolerated.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #142
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You're confused. Tolerance isn't the acceptance of your point of view, it's acceptance of your right to have that point of view.
    This is a good point. I might have to reconsider whether I am intolerant or not. While I oppose some viewpoints, I recognize others' rights to those viewpoints.

  3. #143
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    not correct

    the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.
    Would you like to try that again?

  4. #144
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The reference escapes me.
    Bible, rabbit's foot, hippie healing crystals, it's all the same to me, and if it keeps someone on the straight and narrow then by all means let them keep it. We can't all make moral decisions based on empathy or the Golden Rule.

  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Intolerance =/= bigotry.

    I discriminate and I'm intolerant, but I'm not a bigot.
    it depends.

    definition of a bigot.
    a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, e

    it very much depends on how far you push your intolerance.
    you can push yourself into the religious bigot realm by being intolerant of her views.

    bigot doesn't just work one way like people think it does.

  6. #146
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    it depends.

    definition of a bigot.
    a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, e

    it very much depends on how far you push your intolerance.
    you can push yourself into the religious bigot realm by being intolerant of her views.

    bigot doesn't just work one way like people think it does.
    Is there any particular reason you've been playing word games for the last several pages, parroting the dictionary definition of "intolerant," rather than actually discussing something that matters?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #147
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You're confused. Tolerance isn't the acceptance of your point of view, it's acceptance of your right to have that point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    not correct

    the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.
    Ah, okay, I caught what you were saying this time. You would still be incorrect, because if your behavior interferes with my life in any way, I'm not necessarily obligated to tolerate it.

  8. #148
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Is there any particular reason you've been playing word games for the last several pages, parroting the dictionary definition of "intolerant," rather than actually discussing something that matters?
    He's trying to cover up the fact that he thinks Seattle is in Oregon.

  9. #149
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    He's trying to cover up the fact that he think Seattle is in Oregon.
    Close enough.

  10. #150
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Oregon Gov. hopeful links gay marriage with murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Close enough.
    Well it was in the Oregon Territory...

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •