Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 665

Thread: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

  1. #631
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    One of these days maybe you will get tired of making a fool of yourself. Get the facts before destroying what little credibility you had.

    The Contract with America: Implementing New Ideas in the U.S.
    According to your link, none of the CWA made it into law
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #632
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    According to your link, none of the CWA made it into law
    Get some help reading the link.

  3. #633
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The only evidence that matters to the people is having more spendable income and more jobs. No study is going to change reality. Your problem is you are a big govt. liberal who doesn't even understand how having more take home pay affects you. Only three times in modern history have the tax rates been cut, JFK, Reagan, and GW Bush so any study outside the terms of those Presidents is irrelevant as are all your studies.
    I'm sorry, but you're making stuff up with no support. All those times have been covered in these studies. You're just wrong. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #634
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're making stuff up with no support. All those times have been covered in these studies. You're just wrong. Sorry.
    Bet your wife tells you to go ahead and support less take home pay so the govt. could have more. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Your studies are just that opinions based upon how the issue is framed. Do tax cuts create jobs, of course not, they create the atmosphere to create jobs and you don't seem to understand the relationship. Ask your wife how she fees about more money in your paycheck and what she does with it. Still waiting for an answer to the question I posted. Only you and other hard core liberals don't understand the benefits of keeping more of what you earn. Liberals hate it because that creates less dependence.

    Me making stuff up? Prove it, name for me what other MODERN DAY President cut income tax rates?

  5. #635
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bet your wife tells you to go ahead and support less take home pay so the govt. could have more. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Your studies are just that opinions based upon how the issue is framed. Do tax cuts create jobs, of course not, they create the atmosphere to create jobs and you don't seem to understand the relationship. Ask your wife how she fees about more money in your paycheck and what she does with it. Still waiting for an answer to the question I posted. Only you and other hard core liberals don't understand the benefits of keeping more of what you earn. Liberals hate it because that creates less dependence.

    Me making stuff up? Prove it, name for me what other MODERN DAY President cut income tax rates?
    Oooo, oooo, oooo!!! (Hand raised) I know
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #636
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Slyfox, saw your post on another thread claiming that you showed me the "official" website to prove me wrong and I still said I was right. The problem is you didn't read the entire article on that website, so here it is. I do accept apologies

    Social Security History

    In early 1968 President Lyndon Johnson made a change in the budget presentation by including Social Security and all other trust funds in a"unified budget." This is likewise sometimes described by saying that Social Security was placed "on-budget."

    This 1968 change grew out of the recommendations of a presidential commission appointed by President Johnson in 1967, and known as the President's Commission on Budget Concepts. The concern of this Commission was not specifically with the Social Security Trust Funds, but rather it was an effort to rationalize what the Commission viewed as a confusing budget presentation. At that time, the federal budget consisted of three separate and inconsistent sets of measures, and often budget debates became bogged-down in arguments over which of the three to use. As an illustration of the problem, the projected fiscal 1968 budget was either in deficit by $2.1 billion, $4.3 billion, or $8.1 billion, depending upon which measure one chose to use. Consequently, the Commission's central recommendation was for a single, unified, measure of the federal budget--a measure in which every function and activity of government was added together to assess the government's fiscal position.
    So SS money went on budget and was spent on everything including SS. All Presidents did that until

    The FY 1969 budget would not be implemented by President Johnson; it would instead be presided over by President Nixon, who took office on January 20,1969. This was 20 days into the 1969 fiscal year. When President Nixon took office, he too adopted the unified budget approach, and it was used by all Presidents thereafter until 1986.

  7. #637
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bet your wife tells you to go ahead and support less take home pay so the govt. could have more. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Your studies are just that opinions based upon how the issue is framed. Do tax cuts create jobs, of course not, they create the atmosphere to create jobs and you don't seem to understand the relationship. Ask your wife how she fees about more money in your paycheck and what she does with it. Still waiting for an answer to the question I posted. Only you and other hard core liberals don't understand the benefits of keeping more of what you earn. Liberals hate it because that creates less dependence.

    Me making stuff up? Prove it, name for me what other MODERN DAY President cut income tax rates?
    Again, before you and j get lost in your silliness. Focus. The issue is whether taxes create jobs and has a significant effect on the economy. I've shown rather handily that taxes don't have a major effect on the economy. They don't create so much as an atmosphere. The links have been quite clear on thus. You've shown shown nothing to dispute this other than your rants.

    J's a little better at this. He at least knows hacks to link. But I have give you more than a few links that include conservative business magazines. I challenge to do half as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #638
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, before you and j get lost in your silliness. Focus. The issue is whether taxes create jobs and has a significant effect on the economy. I've shown rather handily that taxes don't have a major effect on the economy. You've shown shown nothing to dispute this other than your rants.

    J's a little better at this. He at least knows hacks to link. But I have give you more than a few links that include conservative business magazines. I challenge to do half as well.
    Let's put the bs aside and tell me how you keeping more of what you earn affects the economy and take that times the 145 million that are working. In a consumer driven economy try to grow it without people having money? You are so hard headed that you cannot even understand common sense. tax cuts create the atmosphere for economic growth and job creation. What happened to jobs when JFK, Reagan, and GW Bush cut taxes?

  9. #639
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's put the bs aside and tell me how you keeping more of what you earn affects the economy and take that times the 145 million that are working. In a consumer driven economy try to grow it without people having money? You are so hard headed that you cannot even understand common sense. tax cuts create the atmosphere for economic growth and job creation. What happened to jobs when JFK, Reagan, and GW Bush cut taxes?
    I've told you before, the numbers are not large enough to have any effect on most of us either way. I've shown you that as well. And I've given you studies. There is little evidence to support your claim, and you've produced nothing at all to support it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #640
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've told you before, the numbers are not large enough to have any effect on most of us either way. I've shown you that as well. And I've given you studies. There is little evidence to support your claim, and you've produced nothing at all to support it.
    Only BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and Treasury data which of course isn't anything. How about having your wife respond to what it is like getting less in your paycheck because of higher taxes and how that impacts your purchasing history?

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •