Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 665

Thread: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

  1. #541
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I believe they say that, which is not equal to that being the reason. As most get out of paying taxers, and I did link that, it's highly unlikely that would be a real issue. Wages and healthcare are much more likely to be reasons.
    Wow, too much koolaid for you. Most businesses pay their taxes, they don't "get out of it". As business taxes rise businesses do indeed consider their options. One of those for certain companies is to offshore. Outsourcing is NOT a problem, offshoring is. You can see it locally. Many cities and localities have this problem.

    Example: Beaverton continually raised it's business taxes. The businesses that could moved to nearby Tualitin where the business taxes were at an all time low. Tualitin's local governement recognised this and doubled down by promising not to raise theirs. So now Beaverton is a bedroom community and Tualitin is a business center.

  2. #542
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That certainly is a factor, growth and sales, Keep ignoring the fact that for every dollar a business cuts in expenses that is a dollar added to the bottomline profit. Payroll taxes, SS taxes, unemployment taxes, local and state taxes all add to an employees burden along with benefits. Don't tell me taxes don't play a role because you are dead wrong and that is why businesses are moving to TX.

    You think that when a business moves to TX their pay structure changes? No, there labor costs in general change because there is no state income taxes or other business taxes.
    2. Cost Economics: Different dynamics drive repatriation of manufacturing, as compared to services. A fundamental difference is the ratio of labor cost as input. As any student of economics will attest, in manufacturing, investment of capital and automation can replace labor costs to a large extent. Services, however, are different. Typical IT, BPO and call center operations have the majority of their costs tied to labor (~80-90% of total cost).

    As the wage gap between high-cost countries and popular offshoring locations has remained significant over time, and is unlikely to close anytime soon, we expect to see a preponderance of outbound, versus inbound, traffic in the services sector. And this trend is likely to be supported by the strengthening of some foreign exchange rates.

    7 Key Factors Driving the Offshoring of Services | Supplier Relationships content from IndustryWeek

    taxes not listed here either.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #543
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wow, too much koolaid for you. Most businesses pay their taxes, they don't "get out of it". As business taxes rise businesses do indeed consider their options. One of those for certain companies is to offshore. Outsourcing is NOT a problem, offshoring is. You can see it locally. Many cities and localities have this problem.

    Example: Beaverton continually raised it's business taxes. The businesses that could moved to nearby Tualitin where the business taxes were at an all time low. Tualitin's local governement recognised this and doubled down by promising not to raise theirs. So now Beaverton is a bedroom community and Tualitin is a business center.
    Those who actually outsource or offshore don't. And if you do as I have been doing (and linking a few) and look at the reasons actually for outsourcing or offshoring, taxes are rarely list. If so, usually low down the list. It's the cost of the employee (salary and benefits) that tops the list.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #544
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    2. Cost Economics: Different dynamics drive repatriation of manufacturing, as compared to services. A fundamental difference is the ratio of labor cost as input. As any student of economics will attest, in manufacturing, investment of capital and automation can replace labor costs to a large extent. Services, however, are different. Typical IT, BPO and call center operations have the majority of their costs tied to labor (~80-90% of total cost).

    As the wage gap between high-cost countries and popular offshoring locations has remained significant over time, and is unlikely to close anytime soon, we expect to see a preponderance of outbound, versus inbound, traffic in the services sector. And this trend is likely to be supported by the strengthening of some foreign exchange rates.

    7 Key Factors Driving the Offshoring of Services | Supplier Relationships content from IndustryWeek

    taxes not listed here either.
    This is absurd, I ran a business, I understand business expenses and cost, you don't, nor do apparently economists that you want to post. You are wrong and simply cannot admit it. Margins are so small in so many businesses that any chance of cutting expenses is going to be taken. Live with it and ignore reality for that is what liberals always do

  5. #545
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Those who actually outsource or offshore don't. And if you do as I have been doing (and linking a few) and look at the reasons actually for outsourcing or offshoring, taxes are rarely list. If so, usually low down the list. It's the cost of the employee (salary and benefits) that tops the list.
    Do you know the difference between offshoring and outsourcing? Obviously not.

  6. #546
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Turn up your speakers you are going to enjoy this unless of course you are a liberal who will ignore it

    https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Zy297Xgr8Q

  7. #547
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,374

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is absurd, I ran a business, I understand business expenses and cost, you don't, nor do apparently economists that you want to post. You are wrong and simply cannot admit it. Margins are so small in so many businesses that any chance of cutting expenses is going to be taken. Live with it and ignore reality for that is what liberals always do
    Except that the reality is that profits and margins are at all time highs and there is certainly room for concessions to labor. Greed is not a business plan.

  8. #548
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is absurd, I ran a business, I understand business expenses and cost, you don't, nor do apparently economists that you want to post. You are wrong and simply cannot admit it. Margins are so small in so many businesses that any chance of cutting expenses is going to be taken. Live with it and ignore reality for that is what liberals always do
    yes, you know how to rant, but you're not a major company, you didn't run a major company, and you don't seem to know what goes into their decisions. It is being clearly stated in one link after another that taxes are not the main reason.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #549
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you know the difference between offshoring and outsourcing? Obviously not.
    Actually I do. And both come into play. I actually linked an article explaining the differences for you earlier.

    But you are still just ranting and not addressing the issue. Do I need to say it again?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #550
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you know the difference between offshoring and outsourcing? Obviously not.
    Oh, and another part of this healthcare issue:

    Some economists say these ballooning dollar figures place a heavy burden on companies doing business in the United States and can put them at a substantial competitive disadvantage in the international marketplace. For large multinational corporations, footing healthcare costs presents an enormous expense. General Motors, for instance, covers more than 1.1 million employees and former employees, and the company says it spends roughly $5 billion on healthcare expenses annually. GM says healthcare costs add between $1,500 and $2,000 to the sticker price of every automobile it makes. Health benefits for unionized auto workers became a central issue derailing the 2008 congressional push to provide a financial bailout to GM and its ailing Detroit rival, Chrysler.

    Healthcare Costs and U.S. Competitiveness - Council on Foreign Relations

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •