Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 665

Thread: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

  1. #521
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    It would be hard for me to disagree more vehemently. Corporations don't have consciences. People do. Companies still value their employees just like they did years ago. The world has changed from what it was 50 years ago. Sorry.
    Wait! Aren't "Corporations PEOPLE my friend"? The reality is, some companies DO still value their employees, but they are becoming more and more scarce. Many companies have adopted the "maximize profits" by paying as little as possible model. They have lost all self-pride and respect for their employees. Fortunately, for me, I am treated very well. I just wish I could say that same for others.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #522
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion but since you don't and haven't run a business it is irrelevant. That decision is made by businesses and you cannot seem to understand why they do it or why the relocate to other states. Businesses pay their taxes out of revenue generated and if they cannot generate enough revenue they face legal action or may even go out of business. Apparently you have no concept either of how businesses generate revenue nor do you understand the financial statement of any business, sorry
    You're still off point. Focus. I'm making no judgment yet about business. Only making clear that they are not leaving due to taxes. So stop ranting and pay attention to the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #523
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're still off point. Focus. I'm making no judgment yet about business. Only making clear that they are not leaving due to taxes. So stop ranting and pay attention to the point.
    Again, that is your opinion and of course that opinion that justifies in the liberal mind the raising of taxes. You apparently don't understand what goes into labor costs on the financial statement nor do you understand why businesses are moving out of high tax blue states and moving to low tax red states, the cost of labor goes down and for every dollar a business cuts in expenses that is a dollar to their bottom line.

  4. #524
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, that is your opinion and of course that opinion that justifies in the liberal mind the raising of taxes. You apparently don't understand what goes into labor costs on the financial statement nor do you understand why businesses are moving out of high tax blue states and moving to low tax red states, the cost of labor goes down and for every dollar a business cuts in expenses that is a dollar to their bottom line.

    Stop ranting and respond only to what is said. You're still off point. Focus. I'm making no judgment yet about business. Only making clear that they are not leaving due to taxes. So stop ranting and pay attention to the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #525
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Stop ranting and respond only to what is said. You're still off point. Focus. I'm making no judgment yet about business. Only making clear that they are not leaving due to taxes. So stop ranting and pay attention to the point.
    You're absolutely wrong. Businesses leave all the time due to the tax environment. It's part of what drives the offshoring. YOU made the incorrect statement that they don't.

  6. #526
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're absolutely wrong. Businesses leave all the time due to the tax environment. It's part of what drives the offshoring. YOU made the incorrect statement that they don't.
    I believe they say that, which is not equal to that being the reason. As most get out of paying taxers, and I did link that, it's highly unlikely that would be a real issue. Wages and healthcare are much more likely to be reasons.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #527
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wait! Aren't "Corporations PEOPLE my friend"? The reality is, some companies DO still value their employees, but they are becoming more and more scarce. Many companies have adopted the "maximize profits" by paying as little as possible model.
    I'm not your friend. Corporations are not people, they are managed by people. Maximizing profits has always been the goal of corporations for as long as they have existed.

    They have lost all self-pride and respect for their employees. Fortunately, for me, I am treated very well. I just wish I could say that same for others.
    I disagree with your comments about pride and respect. I think your situation is probably the norm not the exception. Companies that don't handle people well don't last very long.

  8. #528
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    I'm not your friend. Corporations are not people, they are managed by people. Maximizing profits has always been the goal of corporations for as long as they have existed.



    I disagree with your comments about pride and respect. I think your situation is probably the norm not the exception. Companies that don't handle people well don't last very long.
    I WISH that you were correct. That's not the case. In today's multi-national corporation world, US manufacturing jobs have been outsourced....NOT because people from other countries produce a superior product.....NOT because companies couldn't make a profit manufacturing in America....but simply because the company could make MORE profit by exploiting foreign workers, something that the laws of the United States do not allow. Companies were not content to make millions in profit, they have to make billions in profit. It has become a world of too much is still not enough and the American worker is paying the price. What we need is a President and a congress that will reign in these corporations and look out for the American people. Unfortunately in today's political world, too many congressmen have the corporation in their back pocket or lack the backbone to stand up for what is right.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #529
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, that is your opinion and of course that opinion that justifies in the liberal mind the raising of taxes. You apparently don't understand what goes into labor costs on the financial statement nor do you understand why businesses are moving out of high tax blue states and moving to low tax red states, the cost of labor goes down and for every dollar a business cuts in expenses that is a dollar to their bottom line.
    I thought you'd appreciate this:

    ut is that because the company is engaged in some type of corporate tax dodge, as Obama likes to pretend? Uh, no, it seems that Americans are using less paper as they transition to a digital economy, while there is a growing demand for paper in developing countries.

    Should International Paper stay land-locked — or insourced, to use the president’s term — to avoid the extra taxes and accusations of being unpatriotic?

    Yes, some U.S. companies produce their products overseas in order to take advantage of lower labor costs — i.e., comparative advantage. But that means U.S. consumers get cheaper prices. You’ll notice no one complained when gasoline prices recently fell, even though much of that oil is produced overseas. The public was elated because lower gas prices means more money left over to spend on other wants and needs. Well, the exact same reasoning applies to manufactured goods, raw materials and other products and services that U.S. consumers buy for less because of lower foreign costs.

    Companies 'Outsource' Because That's Where The Sales Are - Forbes

    Notice taxes are not the reason.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #530
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    No, the goal of corporations has always been to be successful by being profitable. Maximizing profits was just one of the ways to accomplish this means.

    Many corporations have to forgo maximizing profits in order to prolong continued success thru R&D, advertising, recruiting of talent and increasing salaries and dividends.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •