Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 665

Thread: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

  1. #501
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    ACA passed without one single Republican vote, sorry you didn't know that and the majority in the country represented by the "People's House" don't like ACA
    Which means nothing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #502
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Those are not on point to our discussion. You're trying to sneak away from the fact business don't leave due to taxes.
    Since you never owned or operated a business you have no concept of business costs and anything that drives up those costs could result in businesses leaving the country. Sorry, but I am sure you mean well but you simply have no idea what you are talking about, Taxes and Regulations certainly play a role in the decision making process of businesses which is why businesses are moving to TX and out of this country

  3. #503
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which means nothing.
    Of course it means nothing to you since it was passed on a purely partisan vote and led to the largest margin of defeat in history in November 2010. You couldn't care less because your ideology trumps actual facts and data

  4. #504
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I actually posted results, you don't seem to understand the concept of results. Guess they didn't teach you that at Disney
    The irony is that IF "results mattered to you", irrespective of Obama or any other President for that matter, you would not be embracing and be so infatuated by GWB. You would decry his performance in office the same as any President who did such a crappy job. But obviously...."Results DON'T matter" to you. The only thing that "matters" is who has an (R) regardless of the job that they did. That is why your post is so hilarious and ironic. Obviously.....that went past you.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #505
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    So that you understand, wages and salaries are tied to economics just like everything else in business. When the supply of workers is higher than the demand, as it is now, wages and salaries will be lower. During times of full employment they will be higher. The solution to low wages is full employment. In order to get full employment you need the economy to improve. In order to get the economy to improve you need to get government to let it recover. As long as government decides it wants to "manage" the economy and dictate what business can and can't do, things will be as they are. Sorry, that's the truth.
    The problem with your post is that it is in the interest of no-conscience corporations to keep a healthy supply of hungry workers that will work for low wages. This is why they outsource jobs.
    There was a time in America, where companies took pride in their workers, paid a living wage and STILL made huge profits. In todays multinational corporation world, that same pride and respect is no longer there.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #506
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tell me what those large companies making those record profits pay their employees? Do you understand the reason people go into business? You think it is to employ people like you? Wow. Why would anyone invest more money in employees with the uncertainty as to the cost of ACA and possibility of higher taxes from this incompetent Administration? Would you invest your money into increasing employment with this uncertainty?
    Oh Pul-lease! Corporations were down-sizing and outsourcing WAAAAAAAY before the ACA. Find another strawman Con. The reality is.....you go back to the days of Reagan and the deregulation...and this is where the huge increase in outsourcing began. Learn your history.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #507
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    One must look at the bigger picture here. Are you proposing that all retailers adopt the Costco model by keeping products on pallets, selling only in case lots and charging high membership fees just to make fewer employees (less total jobs) get higher pay and yielding less than a 2% net profit margin?
    No. I just used Costco as an example. There are many companies out there that are content with making a healthy profit, having pride in their business and workers and respecting their employees. They are just becoming less and less. Look at In and Out for example. They pay a much better wage than the average fast food business. They also make a healthy profit....and the fact is, they have a lot less turnover than other fast food businesses because their employees are respected and happy. Ever heard of "You get what you pay for"? This applies to companies as well as consumers.

    The pro-corporate propoganda is that companies can only be successful by paying low wages and exploiting the workers. This has been proven false time and again.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #508
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The irony is that IF "results mattered to you", irrespective of Obama or any other President for that matter, you would not be embracing and be so infatuated by GWB. You would decry his performance in office the same as any President who did such a crappy job. But obviously...."Results DON'T matter" to you. The only thing that "matters" is who has an (R) regardless of the job that they did. That is why your post is so hilarious and ironic. Obviously.....that went past you.
    It seems to be you infatuated with GW Bush because you are the one bringing his name up even after he has been out of office almost 6 years. Results do matter and Bush's results for Bush beat every Obama result in a positive manner but results don't matter to you because you don't understand even how to get those results. You buy what you are told which is easier than actually doing research even though they make you look foolish and you have no credibility.

  9. #509
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since you never owned or operated a business you have no concept of business costs and anything that drives up those costs could result in businesses leaving the country. Sorry, but I am sure you mean well but you simply have no idea what you are talking about, Taxes and Regulations certainly play a role in the decision making process of businesses which is why businesses are moving to TX and out of this country
    Again you assume a lot, but not the point here either.

    And no, something you don't pay can't be the reason for outsourcing. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #510
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,297

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh Pul-lease! Corporations were down-sizing and outsourcing WAAAAAAAY before the ACA. Find another strawman Con. The reality is.....you go back to the days of Reagan and the deregulation...and this is where the huge increase in outsourcing began. Learn your history.
    How many employees have been lost to outsourcing in an economy that has 156 million in the labor force? Just another topic you know nothing about but pick up the liberal rhetoric and spread it.

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •