Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 665

Thread: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

  1. #41
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Passed the ACA, passed the stimulus, started withdrawing troops from Iraq, got Bin Laden, repealed DADT etc..
    Don't forget intentionally destroying 1/6th of the nations economy.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well.....there is his successful use of the MS Media. Ought to count for something Right?
    And on April Fools no less. Its ironically appropriate.

  3. #43
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    I'm curious about something.

    When 6 million people were told they were losing their insurance (that they liked), Jay Carney in October of 2013 described that number as “a small sliver” of the population, but all of a sudden, 7 million is a big sliver of the population. And of course, we also don't know how many of that 6 million makes up the 7 million.

    Nor do we know how many people paid.
    Nor do we know how many people are getting subsidies.
    Nor do we know how many of the Medicaid enrollees are actually new enrollees as opposed to renewals.
    Nor do we know how many of the 7.1 million were uninsured before they enrolled/signed up.

  4. #44
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Does wire-tapping the AP in the House of Representatives count as successful?
    It does to me. It's even slightly better than invading the privacy of the AP reporters.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm curious about something.

    When 6 million people were told they were losing their insurance (that they liked), Jay Carney in October of 2013 described that number as “a small sliver” of the population, but all of a sudden, 7 million is a big sliver of the population. And of course, we also don't know how many of that 6 million makes up the 7 million.

    Nor do we know how many people paid.
    Nor do we know how many people are getting subsidies.
    Nor do we know how many of the Medicaid enrollees are actually new enrollees as opposed to renewals.
    Nor do we know how many of the 7.1 million were uninsured before they enrolled/signed up.
    A study recently came out that states under a million previously uninsured people have actually signed up and paid.
    Another states that the ACA is less popular with the uninsured that it purports to "help".

    This is merely propaganda, remember Obama said this couldn't wait (4 years ago) because of 45 million uninsured.

    BTW, 7 million is 2% of the American population.

  6. #46
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    A study recently came out that states under a million previously uninsured people have actually signed up and paid.
    Another states that the ACA is less popular with the uninsured that it purports to "help".

    This is merely propaganda, remember Obama said this couldn't wait (4 years ago) because of 45 million uninsured.

    BTW, 7 million is 2% of the American population.
    A small sliver, as it were. But to the Obamacare fans on here, this is a huge victory. 6 million is a small number when it makes Obama look bad, and 7 million (give or take, since we have no idea what it really is) is a huge number when it makes Obama look good. What do you call that kind of bipolar thinking anyway?

    The only victory I can see is that the website actually limped along until today. Other than that.....

  7. #47
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    A small sliver, as it were. But to the Obamacare fans on here, this is a huge victory. 6 million is a small number when it makes Obama look bad, and 7 million (give or take, since we have no idea what it really is) is a huge number when it makes Obama look good. What do you call that kind of bipolar thinking anyway?

    The only victory I can see is that the website actually limped along until today. Other than that.....
    We will hear in 2017 the start of how the books were cooked...Trouble is, by that time, it's too late....Hell, it's too late now.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    yes, that is what is being announced. It seems that the gop hope for demise of the aca has failed miserably. I am not surprised. There is a precedent for them to be on the losing side and it seems to be pickling up steam...like the aca



    carney: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million - cnn.com
    april fools

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We will hear in 2017 the start of how the books were cooked...Trouble is, by that time, it's too late....Hell, it's too late now.
    It's not to late now JMacThat's what they want all to believe.....like I said before they remove the Mandate like some Democrats and Repubs want.....it ceases being Obama's Signature legislation.

    Also he has to try and make this work. As he already knows.....once he leaves the presidency. That none will be calling on him for any type of Advice. As he will be looked upon as a failed President and one that didn't know what he was doing. That had to run what they call an Imperial Presidency since he failed to bring the country together. A President that only served his only party and supporters.

    So in essence.....what he always was from the beginning. A Scrub!

  10. #50
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    A small sliver, as it were. But to the Obamacare fans on here, this is a huge victory. 6 million is a small number when it makes Obama look bad, and 7 million (give or take, since we have no idea what it really is) is a huge number when it makes Obama look good. What do you call that kind of bipolar thinking anyway?

    The only victory I can see is that the website actually limped along until today. Other than that.....
    The # is >17 million

    It's the largest increase in insurance coverage in decades

    It is a BFD
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •