Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 665

Thread: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

  1. #431
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It is true that we don't know what they might have done, which btw is my point. Do you grasp this? We have more than 200 years of history. Is it unusual or unexpected for there to be change?

    So open your mind. Listen for a second.
    Unlike you, results matter to me and a debt that exceeds our GDP and promotion of another entitlement program that raises that debt is what you want to ignore. Seems I understand personal responsibility as well as neighbor helping neighbor a lot better than most liberals. Programs like healthcare belong in the states because there is no affect on you or your family for the uninsured. Rather than listen, which you do a lot of but never verify the accuracy of the rhetoric, I suggest you think with the brain you have rather than with your heart. Does it make any sense to you to have a 17.3 trillion dollar debt and still have the problems we have in this country with social issues? Could it be that social issues are well beyond the scope and role of the Federal govt. and all they do is screw things up and make them worse?

  2. #432
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't make leaps. I didn't say incredible. I said better. Stay within the framework of what was actually said.
    If you spend enough money shouldn't we get "better" results but the question remains at what level, what cost, and for how long? Obama spent 842 billion on a stimulus to create jobs and that money spent grew the economy for the short term but did nothing to sustain that growth or create jobs for the millions who need them. You would say that things were better when the results say that money spent wasn't sustainable thus was wasted. Now you want ACA, another waste of money on a program the Federal Govt. has no business creating. Healthcare is a state and local issue. Nothing you have posted changes that fact

  3. #433
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unlike you, results matter to me and a debt that exceeds our GDP and promotion of another entitlement program that raises that debt is what you want to ignore. Seems I understand personal responsibility as well as neighbor helping neighbor a lot better than most liberals. Programs like healthcare belong in the states because there is no affect on you or your family for the uninsured. Rather than listen, which you do a lot of but never verify the accuracy of the rhetoric, I suggest you think with the brain you have rather than with your heart. Does it make any sense to you to have a 17.3 trillion dollar debt and still have the problems we have in this country with social issues? Could it be that social issues are well beyond the scope and role of the Federal govt. and all they do is screw things up and make them worse?
    results do matter. The result is that people live better today. And just ranting about the debt isn't helpful. I too care about the debt. Here's where I'd start. Raise taxes slightly for all. Close loop holes. Stop getting into unnecessary wars. Don't reward outsourcing. Put money into people here first and foremost. Develop a UHC plan (save money all around).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If you spend enough money shouldn't we get "better" results but the question remains at what level, what cost, and for how long? Obama spent 842 billion on a stimulus to create jobs and that money spent grew the economy for the short term but did nothing to sustain that growth or create jobs for the millions who need them. You would say that things were better when the results say that money spent wasn't sustainable thus was wasted. Now you want ACA, another waste of money on a program the Federal Govt. has no business creating. Healthcare is a state and local issue. Nothing you have posted changes that fact
    We have gotten better results. Again, people live better today. More are educated.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #435
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We have gotten better results. Again, people live better today. More are educated.
    What? Living the party life until the credit card is cancelled is not better. It's just foolish and sad.

  6. #436
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    results do matter. The result is that people live better today. And just ranting about the debt isn't helpful. I too care about the debt. Here's where I'd start. Raise taxes slightly for all. Close loop holes. Stop getting into unnecessary wars. Don't reward outsourcing. Put money into people here first and foremost. Develop a UHC plan (save money all around).
    Do you know why companies outsource? Think about it! Guess I am still waiting for your definition of "doing better" as I am not sure you even understand the term. Please tell me why we need a 3.9 trillion dollar Federal Govt? Think we could ever raise taxes enough to fund that bloated Federal Govt? By the way what does the Preamble say about Defense and welfare?

    All I see from liberals like you is more ranting about the private sector but never about the true greed held by politicians, politicians of both parties. Everything I see from people like you is how to extract more money from someone else but never cutting the size of the govt. that money funds. Why is that?

  7. #437
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We have gotten better results. Again, people live better today. More are educated.
    You really have a utopian vew of the current situation, not the massive dependence, the incredible credit card debt, the high unemployment, low economic growth. Yours is one of accepting lower standards and not promoting exceptionalism and individual wealth creation

  8. #438
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really have a utopian vew of the current situation, not the massive dependence, the incredible credit card debt, the high unemployment, low economic growth. Yours is one of accepting lower standards and not promoting exceptionalism and individual wealth creation
    right now we have no other way of addressing the debt immediately without destroying the lives of millions.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #439
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We have gotten better results. Again, people live better today. More are educated.
    Meanwhile in news that will be largely ignored by the likes of you:

    "Americans have recently been hit with some of the largest premium increases in years, according to a Morgan Stanley survey of insurance brokers.

    The investment bank’s April survey of 148 brokers found that this quarter, the average premium increase for customers renewing an insurance plan is 12 percent in the small group market and 11 percent in the individual market, according to Forbes’ Scott Gottlieb.

    The hikes — the largest in the past three years, according to Morgan Stanley’s quarterly reports — are “largely due to changes under the [Affordable Care Act],” analysts concluded. Rates have been growing increasingly fast throughout all of 2013, after a period of drops in 2012.

    While insurers were hiking premiums since 2012 by smaller amounts, the lead-up to the Obamacare’s launch has seen the average rate at which premiums are growing fourfold.



    Read more: US sees sharpest health insurance premium increases | The Daily Caller
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #440
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    What? Living the party life until the credit card is cancelled is not better. It's just foolish and sad.
    Not doing that either. We've lower taxes for a long while, while fighting wars and not doing a good job of prioritizing. We can do as we have, but learn to pay for it and nor spend recklessly. Helping the elderly live better isn't reckless. Invading two countries is. There is a difference. We spend a lot of money on healthcare because we only take care of the most needy. Insurance doesn't work that way. more premiums from employment, and place it in one place, and you'll have a more cost effective system. Take one insurance company, and make it the official government insurer, for example, and use taxes as premiums. Even with increased taxes, the employee would see a raise in actual dollars in his pocket, employers wouldn't be strapped with healthcare, which hurts them in international competition, and more people will have greater access. Again, spending money wisely while be concerned about the debt.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •