Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 665

Thread: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

  1. #111
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Have they given any context to this number or are we all supposed to behave like low information lemmings and put a check in the W Column ?

    It would seem the lack of context would concern your average American.

    You know, given this Presidents inclination to lie repeatedly.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Yawn. That is exactly what the GOP has been saying for years, but unfortunately for you it is not true no matter how many times you say it or how much you want it to be.
    Yeah, because 7 million is NOT 2.3% of the population right???

    Because tons haven't lost their insurance plans because they didn't meet government regulations right?

    Because there are no waivers or exemptions right?

    SHOW ME WHERE I WAS WRONG.

    Everything I stated was FACT and if you're going to say otherwise then prove it...

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Have they given any context to this number or are we all supposed to behave like low information lemmings and put a check in the W Column ?

    It would seem the lack of context would concern your average American.

    You know, given this Presidents inclination to lie repeatedly.
    The idea that these partisan hacks actually believe that Obamacare is a success because 2.3% of the population has signed up (and 3 million actually waited until the deadline to do so) is absolutely laughable and speaks volumes as to how brainwashed these people are.

    Also, I love how the leftist propaganda media reports it as 7 million, and the only reason why is because 7 million sounds a lot better than 2.3%... Of course that is just more proof that the media loves these communists.

  4. #114
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yeah, because 7 million is NOT 2.3% of the population right???

    Because tons haven't lost their insurance plans because they didn't meet government regulations right?

    Because there are no waivers or exemptions right?

    SHOW ME WHERE I WAS WRONG.
    The correct # is 17+million and that is more than 5% of the population
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,838

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The correct # is 17+million and that is more than 5% of the population
    Right, and in the first year of operation, after years of GOP obstructionism and 24/7 negative publicity intended to drive that number to zero if possible.

    The CBO estimates that by 2017, the net increase in those covered by insurance will be about 25 million, or 13% of the adult population under 65.

  6. #116
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Yes, that is what is being announced. It seems that the GOP hope for demise of the ACA has failed miserably. I am not surprised. There is a precedent for them to be on the losing side and it seems to be pickling up steam...like the ACA



    Carney: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million - CNN.com
    Well, there was supposedly 48 million uninsured....and Obamacare is mandatory, so....yeah.

    Besides, they're lying about the numbers. All of them.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #117
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,936
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    There was no 7 million "predicted."

    Wow, 2.3% of the population are now enrolled under Obamacare.

    I wonder how many people LOST their private plans due to Obamacare? Ever think about that?

    Wasn't this program - in the progressive mind - supposed to insure the previously uninsured?

    For all we know there are more uninsured individuals out there now than there were before Obamacare was even forced on the people - or in other words a net loss.

    Either way 7 million is absolutely NOTHING in a nation of 300 million people.

    Obamacare ISN'T popular - Thanks to the mandate some people are scared that if they don't sign up they will be hit with fines - so basically Obama and the rest of the progressives are holding a gun to peoples heads telling them they HAVE TO SIGN UP or face the consequences and the best part even those threats aren't enough to get individuals signed up.

    Oh, not to mention - who knows how many of those who are enrolled actually applied for an exemption or waiver from the program?

    This program is an epic disaster and has been a disaster since day one!!
    Near as I can figure and near as I've heard, as prognostications and everyone's numbers are being thrown all over the place, I'm thinking it's about a wash.

    The number of people thrown out of their selected plans which haven't signed up is about equal to the number of people without insurance previously that have signed up.

    Now, what's 'signed up'? Does this represent a paying and enrolled patient? No one knows, and no one's sure. It's a sure bet that the White House knows, but they are not talking, so it makes me think that it's not a good number, so rather they are trumpeting the numbers that make them look good.

    Well? What else would you expect from politicians in general, and this president and this administration in particular? Always bury the bad news, and trumpet the good news (maybe the electorate won't notice the bad news, eh?

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The correct # is 17+million and that is more than 5% of the population
    WRONG! it is 7 million which translates into 2.3% of the population, and if you have any numbers to backup your claim I would love to see your citation (which probably comes from Thinkprogress)...

  9. #119
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    WRONG! it is 7 million which translates into 2.3% of the population, and if you have any numbers to backup your claim I would love to see your citation (which probably comes from Thinkprogress)...
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obamacare enrollment hits 7 million

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Near as I can figure and near as I've heard, as prognostications and everyone's numbers are being thrown all over the place, I'm thinking it's about a wash.

    The number of people thrown out of their selected plans which haven't signed up is about equal to the number of people without insurance previously that have signed up.

    Now, what's 'signed up'? Does this represent a paying and enrolled patient? No one knows, and no one's sure. It's a sure bet that the White House knows, but they are not talking, so it makes me think that it's not a good number, so rather they are trumpeting the numbers that make them look good.

    Well? What else would you expect from politicians in general, and this president and this administration in particular? Always bury the bad news, and trumpet the good news (maybe the electorate won't notice the bad news, eh?
    ‘Obamacare’ enrollment deadline looms, or not | Al Jazeera America

    There has been an individual mandate extension as well (waiver/exemption) until October of 2016..... Funny how the progressive media is NOT promoting that extension of 2 years for the individual mandate -- Instead they chose to promote March 31st.

    Either way many are signing up right now for those extensions, exemptions and waivers and those numbers factor into that 7 million.

    In reality all estimates are that less than 1 million have actually signed up for Obamacare with the intent of going along with the program or in other words taking a public taxpayer funded healthcare program.

    In reality 2.3% of the population has "signed up" - not only for Obamacare but exemptions and waivers.

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •