Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 131

Thread: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Okay, listen really, really carefully. I mean really carefully.

    If I have a business and I personally forbid blacks, I am a racist.

    If someone ELSE has a business that refuses to serve blacks, but I refuse to actively destroy it, I am not racist.

    Tell me how I hate gays because I ate lunch at a Chick-Fil-A yesterday.
    Again, if you support a business kicking out blacks, yes you support racism. Nuff said.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    I never claimed anything, I just jumped into a discussion that was already taking place. My position is that public schools have no business in racially discriminating. They should operate on an all-comers basis. Businesses are not government, they're private and they should have the right to discriminate as they please, just like you're not government and should have the freedom to live where you please and associate with whomever you please.



    Tell you again? Why, are you "hard of reading?" I can understand someone who is near deaf asking for a person to repeat what they said, but why do I need to repeat what I wrote, why can't you just read what I wrote again and again and again until you understand it?

    Let me help you out because I don't want anyone to charge that I'm picking on an invalid. I think that you're all talk, I want to see if you put anti-racism as the highest value in your life. The best way to do that is to see where you've chosen to live and where you've chosen to send your stepdaughter to school. After all, if anti-racism is so great and diversity is so great, then why would you want to deny your stepdaughter the pleasure, joy and enriching experience of experiencing diversity in its full glory in the middle of a ghetto.

    Now to be honest with you, I do understand why you're fighting so hard to not reveal your zip code, you don't want to be publicly exposed as hypocrite. You're kind of like Senator Larry Craig shooting off his mouth about the evils of homosexuality and then cruising public restrooms with his "wide stance" in search of some hot homosexual restroom sex.
    Yet again, where does where I live support racism? If I agree with kicking out blacks in my neighborhood, I would support racism.

    YOU support businesses kicking out blacks, therefore you support racism. Nuff said again.

  3. #93
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Okay, listen really, really carefully. I mean really carefully.

    If I have a business and I personally forbid blacks, I am a racist.

    If someone ELSE has a business that refuses to serve blacks, but I refuse to actively destroy it, I am not racist.

    Tell me how I hate gays because I ate lunch at a Chick-Fil-A yesterday.
    I did not say you were a racist. I did say that you were supporting racism

    Since you now admit that a business that forbid serving blacks would be racism, and since you are supporting their "right" to practice racism, then you *are* supporting racism
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I did not say you were a racist. I did say that you were supporting racism

    Since you now admit that a business that forbid serving blacks would be racism, and since you are supporting their "right" to practice racism, then you *are* supporting racism
    And I hate gays because i ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Liberal transitive property.

  5. #95
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I did not say you were a racist. I did say that you were supporting racism
    Do you support people having the freedom to live where they please? What if that results in residential segregation? Aren't you supporting racism by allowing such segregation to emerge? Shouldn't government manage the process of where you end up living so that residential segregation vanishes?

  6. #96
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    And I hate gays because i ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Liberal transitive property.
    You have admitted that a business that refuses to serve blacks is racism, and you have admitted supporting their "right" to do so.

    So how does that make you "not supporting racism'?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Do you support people having the freedom to live where they please? What if that results in residential segregation? Aren't you supporting racism by allowing such segregation to emerge? Shouldn't government manage the process of where you end up living so that residential segregation vanishes?
    It is only racist if those people living in that community fight to kick out other races or prevent other races from coming into the neighborhood.

    It is clear you have no understanding of racism.

  8. #98
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It is only racist if those people living in that community fight to kick out other races or prevent other races from coming into the neighborhood.

    It is clear you have no understanding of racism.
    Fine, whatever you say, Wide Stance. Why don't we get back on topic?

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Fine, whatever you say, Wide Stance. Why don't we get back on topic?
    Not wide stance, FACT. You claimed otherwise and were proven wrong.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,480

    Re: Tomboy pressured to leave Christian school [W: 87]

    It appears this thread has drifted off as does most driftwood. But you have to wonder how the 8 year old child feels. Put yourself in this kid's shoes and try to figure how out it would feel to have to go to another school because you were too different than you classmates.

    I remember growing up and there were a couple farm girls who could give the boys a run for the money. In the early school ages sometimes the tallest student in class would be a girl as boys tended to get their sizes later. They may have not been stronger than the boys but they liked sports too. They may not have been into Barbies and such but I reflect back now and I think they turned out okay.

    Maybe this is just a little bit too much concern about those who won't dance to the same drummer.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •