Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

  1. #41
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    James Michener wrote a terrific book, "Alaska", that touches upon that intriguing question.
    I've never read a Michener book. Not for any particular reason, just never have. I have a couple friends who have read virtually everything he has ever written, though.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #42
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I've never read a Michener book. Not for any particular reason, just never have. I have a couple friends who have read virtually everything he has ever written, though.
    I've read many of his books, but not all. I love his style. Usually, reading one of his books is like taking a college level course in whatever the topic or region happens to be. They are all good, with an excellent sense of history.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    I am guessing that most of the people who signed this either dont live in AK or if they do are signing because they think it is funny.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #44
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    I would completely support this if they agree to take Palin also
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #45
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,578

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    OK, then I assume you are one who likes to bend the law to suit your purposes? Break the law to suit your purposes?
    yes and yes.

    When you drive do you never exceed the posted speed limit?

  6. #46
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,578

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I would completely support this if they agree to take Palin also
    Lord knows she quivers at the thought of Putin shirtless.

  7. #47
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    yes and yes.

    When you drive do you never exceed the posted speed limit?
    Well you got me and 98% of American drivers on that one!

    But I have not taken an oath to obey the traffic laws, and I have not been elected to the job of enforcing the US Constitution, so there's a difference. Traffic laws are meant to generate revenue for the state, the USC is meant to deliver governance and the rule of law.

  8. #48
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Well you got me and 98% of American drivers on that one!

    But I have not taken an oath to obey the traffic laws, and I have not been elected to the job of enforcing the US Constitution, so there's a difference. Traffic laws are meant to generate revenue for the state, the USC is meant to deliver governance and the rule of law.
    While they certainly have morphed in that direction, and abused to that end, even I'm not that cynical.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,762

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yep...

    I'm actually pretty shocked by the demand and stupidity.

    I'm anxious to know why they believe Putin would "adopt" Alaska?
    Large oil reserves, strategic military positioning on the North American continent. Yeah, Russia would love to have Alaska under its control. But there are no circumstances in which the US would allow that to happen. The Great Alaskan Rebellion would last all of six hours.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #50
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    05-26-14 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    5

    Re: Thousands Sign Petition For Alaska To Secede And Rejoin Russia

    If Alaska wants to rejoin Russia let's send them there !!!!!!
    Using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •