Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 869

Thread: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

  1. #831
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    They surpassed their revised goal of 6 million signups and hit their original goal of 7 million.
    I understood their goal was to sign up all those people who were previously uninsured. Why is it good news that they have just 6 or 7 million people?

  2. #832
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Do you believe CBO reports that 24 million will have signed up by 2017?
    CBO is often cited by GOPs when it's convenient
    Shouldn't both sides of the ACA debate demand transparency from their side as well, to get to the bottom of the numbers ?
    The present administration, despite their many promises of transparency, has shown in interest at all in 'getting to the bottom of things'.

  3. #833
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,794

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    They surpassed their revised goal of 6 million signups and hit their original goal of 7 million.
    As I understand it, it wasn't a goal of 6 million signups, or even 7 million signups, it was 7.5 million PAYING signups by April 1 in order for the program to be self-sufficient. They failed completely, they never hit their 7.5 million PAYING signups by the deadline, in fact, evidence suggests they're nowhere close, they're just counting anyone who typed any information whatsoever into the website. Actual paying signups are likely much, much, much lower.

    Obamacare failed, yet again.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #834
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    So you only respond to one side of the two-sided transparency problem.
    Where is the replace for ACA, an actual bill in committee?
    And when a normal GOP Chair like Camp, retiring, puts out a Tax Reform Bill, it gets smeared by TEAs and Sen. McConnell .
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The present administration, despite their many promises of transparency, has shown in interest at all in 'getting to the bottom of things'.
    Physics is Phun

  5. #835
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I understood their goal was to sign up all those people who were previously uninsured. Why is it good news that they have just 6 or 7 million people?
    You understood wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #836
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I understood their goal was to sign up all those people who were previously uninsured. Why is it good news that they have just 6 or 7 million people?
    Are you intentionally being obtuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    As I understand it, it wasn't a goal of 6 million signups, or even 7 million signups, it was 7.5 million PAYING signups by April 1 in order for the program to be self-sufficient.
    I've only heard signups and the goal was in line with the CBO projections. Could you please source your statement here?

  7. #837
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Perhaps rather than just remaining in denial you can actually point to where there are any errors in the part of racism. Did you even watch the video or are so so firmly entrenched in your beliefs that you need constantly protect them?
    The only one in denial is you, Grant... as usual. This issue was settled and you were shown to be wrong. Now, if you want to keep beating the dead horse that is your position on this, go ahead. I'll just keep showing that you don't know what you are talking about.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #838
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The only one in denial is you, Grant... as usual. This issue was settled and you were shown to be wrong. Now, if you want to keep beating the dead horse that is your position on this, go ahead. I'll just keep showing that you don't know what you are talking about.
    Settled??? Since when??

    There is every bit of evidence to demonstrate I am correct, and you apparently ignored a link I sent demonstrating you are wrong.

    Your sole argument here is to keep repeating that I, and millions of others, are wrong without offering any evidence to the contrary. Why did you even get involved in this if you can't support your position?

  9. #839
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Settled??? Since when??

    There is every bit of evidence to demonstrate I am correct, and you apparently ignored a link I sent demonstrating you are wrong.

    Your sole argument here is to keep repeating that I, and millions of others, are wrong without offering any evidence to the contrary. Why did you even get involved in this if you can't support your position?
    I presented the evidence, clearly and completely. I've done it in this thread and I did it in a discussion with you months ago. You were in denial then as you are now. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was divided along regional lines, NOT partisan lines. However, if one actually breaks down the division along partisan lines, Republicans were more against the Act than Democrats. This is clear in the Congressional record. It's only conservative lying and revisionism that takes a different position.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #840
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I presented the evidence, clearly and completely. I've done it in this thread and I did it in a discussion with you months ago. You were in denial then as you are now. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was divided along regional lines, NOT partisan lines. However, if one actually breaks down the division along partisan lines, Republicans were more against the Act than Democrats. This is clear in the Congressional record. It's only conservative lying and revisionism that takes a different position.
    You supplied no evidence and if you are relying solely on the Civil Rights Act of 1964 you would be wrong again. You apparently deliberately overlook the success of racist Democrats like George Wallace in the Northern States. And have you really looked closely at that 1964 Act? I think not.

    The original House version:[19]

    Democratic Party: 15296 (6139%)
    Republican Party: 13834 (8020%)
    Cloture in the Senate:[20]

    Democratic Party: 4423 (6634%)
    Republican Party: 276 (8218%)
    The Senate version:[19]

    Democratic Party: 4621 (6931%)
    Republican Party: 276 (8218%)
    The Senate version, voted on by the House:[19]

    Democratic Party: 15391 (6337%)
    Republican Party: 13635 (8020%)

    I'll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years. [Touting his underlying intentions for the "Great Society" programs, LBJ confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One]

Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •