Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 869

Thread: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

  1. #721
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    It is an impressive accomplishment considering how bad the enrollment went initially and how a lot of media reported on the problems. Oregon is still doing very poorly at signups and these numbers are highly suspect.

    But to me the bigger issue is why are we celebrating 6 million? We had 46.3 million uninsured in 2008 and that went up to 48.6 million in 2011. So, making the questionable assumptions that all of those 6 million were previously uninsured (and not people that were kicked off or cancelled their previous plan) and that all of the 6 million will actually pay, all year, for the insurance why do we celebrate STILL having 42.6 million uninsured and hardly better than 2008? And how much is this costing.

    Should be interesting. But I guess no one thinks that the ACA is some sort of universal health care anymore.

    Talk about spin.
    Would you rather that none of those people got insurance and we celebrate *that*?

    BTW, the 6 million only counts those who got insurance through the exchanges. As far as the total # of enrollments attributable to ACA, the # is over 17 million


    BTW, a lot of us would have been in favor of simply increasing the Medicaid limits and this turns out to be most of the increase.
    That's BS. If "many of us" were in favor of that, there wouldn't be so many states refusing to expand Medicaid
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #722
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    The question I have is how many of these sign ups on Obamacare are the ones that lost their insurance due to Obamacare.
    I haven't seen proof that even one single person has lost their insurance due to ACA.

    I know some have lost a specific plan, but as far as I know, they all got coverage from a plan which provided even more coverage than their previous plan. But again, if you have any proof that shows i'm wrong about this, I'm all ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #723
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Medicare pays for itself? No, dude, it doesn't. Medicare accounts for 15% of the federal budget. This is the second time that you have been completely wrong in regard to factual information. I have never seen anybody who so clearly is just spewing what he has been told, none of your thoughts originated in your head. That's why you are against Medicare even though you are on it. Do you know why your doctor doesn't accept medicare? Why don't you look into that and then come back and tell me how great the system used to be. Hell, it ain't that great now, I'm not sure if it's worse now or before, but at least we're trying to help people in need now. The cost of war with Iraq is over? Are you kidding? Again, get your information right. America should and sometimes does take care of its veterans. So it's not over.

    You completely misunderstood what I was saying about the elderly and disabled. I don't really care to revisit it, now that I understand you are actively opposed to a government program that you need.

    What you don't get is that I know where our money goes and as I said in the first place, our entitlement programs desperately need reform. Just because I don't have your opinion doesn't mean I've never seen the US Federal budget, or the current deficit. Have you noticed that between us, it's you who is completely wrong about their information? What this nation was founded on was every man having equal opportunity to succeed in this world. When people can't succeed because they get really sick 1 time and don't have health insurance, that's unacceptable to me. It's unacceptable that people can't afford to go to college because their insurance premiums were so high. Maybe the Republicans could have worked with the Democrats to find solutions to those problems and others. But they didn't. So we're left with a problematic law that creates as many problems as it has currently solved. You blame the Democrats because their law was flawed. I blame the Republicans because they worked for corporations instead of the American people, they want nothing more than to leave you and your family in a ditch because you don't make enough money for them, you're too old for them, and you've served your purpose for them. But they left their words in your brain and you keep using them, unaware of the fact that the people conservatives are always ranting about - those who need help from the government, don't contribute anything - that's you.
    "Dude" You are wrong about funding for Medicare. 100% comes from the Medicare trust fund which can only be used for that purpose. If you can't even understand such a simple fact how could you possibly have a clue about something as complex as healthcare?

    In 2011, Medicare covered 48.7 million people. Total expenditures in 2011 were $549.1 billion. This money comes from the Medicare Trust Funds.

    Medicare Trust Funds

    Medicare is paid for through 2 trust fund accounts held by the U.S. Treasury. These funds can only be used for Medicare.
    How Medicare is funded | Medicare.gov

  4. #724
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm not forgetting anything. I showed stats that came from the BLS to show that these 2 blue states are not "much better now than during Bush's last term".
    Context, guy, context. Claiming those stats proved WA was better under Bush than under Obama is like the proverbial guy who jumps off a building and tells watchers on the way down that he's doing really well. He's absolutely right...until that sudden stop at the bottom. Frank Miller called it "one-step street pizza"...and that's what we were in 2005 - the guy enjoying himself on the way down.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  5. #725
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Honestly it is fun to see how the righties get their panties in a wad over this.
    sure ..its one a life or death situation.. when all you want is an Obama ice cream party as you and Obama ride tricyles around chanting "Yes we can"

  6. #726
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I haven't seen proof that even one single person has lost their insurance due to ACA.

    I know some have lost a specific plan, but as far as I know, they all got coverage from a plan which provided even more coverage than their previous plan. But again, if you have any proof that shows i'm wrong about this, I'm all ears.
    so they lost their Dr and are spending more?...another Obama lie.. do you work for this Socialist Alinsky Clone?

  7. #727
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, really? When was Healthcare passed? When did the Democrats that authored the bill start implementation? You telling me that ACA only began 6 months ago? Wrong, parts went into effect almost immediately. You really are very poorly informed
    Bro,,,, either Sly has no ability to comprehend facts vs fiction.. but more likely is an Obama shill..

    notice the lean?... as he writes as a far left zelot

  8. #728
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    sure ..its one a life or death situation."
    Much like your birther ideas.

  9. #729
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    Bro,,,, either Sly has no ability to comprehend facts vs fiction.. but more likely is an Obama shill..

    notice the lean?... as he writes as a far left zelot
    Unfortunately there are so many like him, thinking only with their hearts and buying the leftwing rhetoric because that is what they want to believe. Social issues are all that matters to them and they ignore the economic impact and costs because spending in the name of compassion really does trump compassionate results.

  10. #730
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,982

    Re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, really? When was Healthcare passed? When did the Democrats that authored the bill start implementation? You telling me that ACA only began 6 months ago? Wrong, parts went into effect almost immediately. You really are very poorly informed
    You don't seem to understand the difference between passed and going into effect.

    Legislation can be passed tomorrow which doesn't go into effect until 7 years from now. People could only begin signing up in October. For you to insinuate otherwise is incredibly dishonest, though exactly what I'd expect from you.

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •