Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 869

Thread: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

  1. #251
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So your argument is that we shouldn't take your evidence as evidence because it is incomplete and not representative of what you wanted to represent?
    No, you should take evidence as evidence. But because it's incomplete, it's inconclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #252
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I'll admit the Dems didn't discuss some suggested options that were potentially beneficial. They're not above partisan crappery. But just because the Dems were obstructionists doesn't justify the GOP for doing it.
    Washington is nothing if not tit-for-tat. Each is as bad as the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I bet the Republicans better hope it's a flop, the way they've continually damned it. I'll use Fox News as my gauge of how poorly it's doing, since they rail day and night about it, but if they suddenly drop coverage....oooops.
    Politically they are going to pound away at it all summer and fall. The Republican campaign commercials will be starring Obama, Pelosi and Reid.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #253
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I'll agree that there are provisions that are not fair to those who make more. And I don't agree with it but the less fortunate, literally, can't pay more. It's not just healthcare that's too high, it's the insurance paid for coverage. This bill addressed certain aspects of insurance companies denying preexisting conditions, capping limits and dropping coverage, so it's not all bad.

    I seriously don't think it matters if the GOP or Dems control the gov, because it's the same bunch of malfunctioning idealism and bureaucracy.
    I agree that there are some provisions in the ACA that can broadly be applied as something good for every American, including the things you listed specifically. You're correct that the ACA isn't all bad. But it's also very very far from all good.

    And bureaucracy will kill any idea that will have a positive impact on the majority of Americans. I think you are a realist as I am.

  4. #254
    Student Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mancave hidden deep in the mountains
    Last Seen
    08-09-17 @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    267

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Obamacare tops 6 million signups - Mar. 27, 2014


    Funny, no mention of this on Fox? Shocking I tell you. Shocking.
    You do know they signed up right?

    Their is no statics of those that picked a plan let alone paid for it. And let's not mention that 6 million people lost their healthcare plan.

    But go ahead and light another candle.....

  5. #255
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Boo hoo. Now Americans won't go broke, lose their homes, lose their retirement and everything they've worked for their entire lives if they get sick. How horrible for the American people.
    Horrible in what way, that the current law is hurting over twice as many as it is helping? That the number of people going on medicaid is growing while the number of doctors who accept medicaid patients is dropping and that having insurance for a lot of these people means absolutely nothing. But it does makes some people feel good. Like it or not, this law didn't address healthcare for the poor, it addressed insurance. It is a law the majority didn't want because 80% of Americans were happy with what they had. Instead of taking care of the 20% and that is a high number if we are talking about only getting the poor who didn't have health insurance insurance, not those who could afford it but choose not to get it. We give most of those an insurance policy that is getting more and more worthless.

    Pat yourself on the back if you must, but I think it would have been better to address those poor folks who didn't have health care instead of this monster which hurts more than it helps and gives a lot of people a piece of paper that is just that, a piece of paper. but hey, they have that piece of paper.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #256
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Washington is nothing if not tit-for-tat. Each is as bad as the other.

    Politically they are going to pound away at it all summer and fall. The Republican campaign commercials will be starring Obama, Pelosi and Reid.
    Now there are 3 voices that will grate on my nerves for sure.

    We actually have a non-stop ad running in NH. It shows our Democratic Senator, Jeanne Shaheen, standing on the floor of the Senate repeating the "if you like it, you can keep it..." lie, and reminding the residents here that she was the one who cast the deciding vote on the ACA. Even my left leaning friends have told me it makes them sweat every time it comes on.

  7. #257
    Student Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mancave hidden deep in the mountains
    Last Seen
    08-09-17 @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    267

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Does it really matter to you? Let's say all of them have paid, would you call Obamacare a success?
    No...my insurance went bye bye.

  8. #258
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
    No...my insurance went bye bye.
    I hope you didn't like it.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, you should take evidence as evidence. But because it's incomplete, it's inconclusive.
    How you coming on determining how many of the 6 million were previously uninsured and not kicked off their previous insurance and how many of those 6 million enrolled were eligible for Medicaid prior to Obamacare but didn't sign up before? Don't you think those are valid questions to ask? Wasn't Obamacare designed to insure the uninsured?

  10. #260
    Student Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mancave hidden deep in the mountains
    Last Seen
    08-09-17 @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    267

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I hope you didn't like it.
    It had served it purpose....but was told it wasn't enough funds to pay for others healthcare.

Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •