Page 22 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 869

Thread: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

  1. #211
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That is a lie.

    Covering the 48 million uninsured is #1 on your list
    Since you say it's a lie, how many uninsured people was the ACA predicated to insure?

    Dazzle me.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #212
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Those who can't afford to pay can get subsidized. If they don't want insurance they can pay the fine...which will be used as their insurance coverage if they have to go to a hospital. One way or another everyone will have health insurance. Get used to it because ACA is going to be with us for a very long time.
    Those who have to pay up to $12,700 out of pocket expenses don't get those expenses paid for them.

  3. #213
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Do you have any links to credible #'s documenting people who have had their exchange plans cancelled and people who can't afford OOP expenses, or are you just spit-balling?
    No, because people only just started accessing their plans, and they get a 90 day grace period, so it hasn't been around long enough for people to get cancelled for non-payment. But of course you already knew that.

    And yes, I know, sangha...$12,700 in out of pocket expenses will be nothing for these people.

  4. #214
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Its ludicrous that they killed peoples insurance, those same people (the ones that were already responsible and providing for their own and their families healthcare) then signed up (because...oh yeah...they had their insurance cancelled) and people want to trumpet the 'success' of the ACA.
    AP had the total cancellations at 4.7 million documented with 18 states not even tracking that data. So assuming that zero people had their insurance cancelled in those 18 states that means that a gain 400,00 newly insured. That is roughly 1% of the total uninsured as claimed by Democrats in 2010.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #215
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Two things:

    1) That is 12 states. Where are the other 38?

    2) If we assume that the 12 states are a valid statistical representation of the country as a whole then the actual number is 5.1 million, not 6 million and that is only 73% of the 7 million goal.
    Maybe the staffer at The Daily Kos who is the one who created and manages that website thinks there are only 12 states.

  6. #216
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Two things:

    1) That is 12 states. Where are the other 38?

    2) If we assume that the 12 states are a valid statistical representation of the country as a whole then the actual number is 5.1 million, not 6 million and that is only 73% of the 7 million goal.
    1) They're not available

    2) No, that's not true because the #'s in the chart are not all "as of" now. And I don't know where or how you came up with 5.1 million
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #217
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Since you say it's a lie, how many uninsured people was the ACA predicated to insure?

    Dazzle me.
    Your attempt to change the topic to distract from your lie is a fail
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #218
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, because people only just started accessing their plans, and they get a 90 day grace period, so it hasn't been around long enough for people to get cancelled for non-payment. But of course you already knew that.
    Yes, I knew that you were just making up stuff even though you have no evidence that anyone has had an exchange plan cancelled for non-payment

    And yes, I know, sangha...$12,700 in out of pocket expenses will be nothing for these people.
    That's lot less than the unlimited OOP expenses people with no insurance can find themselves owing.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #219
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Your attempt to change the topic to distract from your lie is a fail
    You accused me of lying about 48 million. I then challenged you to prove it was a lie and now you illegitimately accuse more.

    Once again, back up your claim I lied and tell me, how many uninsured people was the ACA predicated to insure? If you refuse to answer or cannot answer, your accusation to me was a lie.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #220
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Maybe the staffer at The Daily Kos who is the one who created and manages that website thinks there are only 12 states.
    Or maybe you could read the explanation at the link, though that would not be as much fun as making stuff up.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 22 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •