Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 869

Thread: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263:617]

  1. #171
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    You think the current system is sustainable, without intervention?
    I'll assume for the sake of time we're talking about the ACA. It can only be sustainable if enough people who won't use healthcare pay for healthcare. I don't believe enough will sign up and pay in the near future, no, and I think intervention (ie., subsidies) will be needed to keep our healthcare system treading water.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #172
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    You keep using the 40+ million, where does that numnber come from?



    Breaking Down Those 45 Million Uninsured Americans | Right Wing News
    I don't care what the number is, what has happened is Obama has implemented Obamacare, a nationwide program created by the Federal Govt. and has 6 million or so they claim enrolled after 3 years of the law being on the books, heavy promotion, and millions losing their insurance. The question is why? The costs, bureaucracy, and support aren't what we are told so to take victory laps over 6 million without even defining it is typical liberalism. What is it about Obama that creates this kind of loyalty and support? you think any Republican would have skated by with such dismal numbers?

  3. #173
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    You keep using the 40+ million, where does that numnber come from?



    Breaking Down Those 45 Million Uninsured Americans | Right Wing News
    Your link is from 2007.

    The Census gave a number of 48 million uninsured in 2012.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I don't care where they get their insurance from as long as the uninsured rate goes down, which it has thanks to ACA!!!
    Of course you don't care as long as someone else is paying for it. Tell me why an uninsured in TX is of concern to you when I bear their cost not you? You want people to believe you really care about someone else? LOL, that is liberalism where spending in the NAME of compassion trumps actual compassionate results.

  5. #175
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course you don't care as long as someone else is paying for it. Tell me why an uninsured in TX is of concern to you when I bear their cost not you? You want people to believe you really care about someone else? LOL, that is liberalism where spending in the NAME of compassion trumps actual compassionate results.
    You're going to criticize me for not caring about the uninsured after you have shown that you don't care about the uninsured?

    That's pretty ironic
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #176
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You're going to criticize me for not caring about the uninsured after you have shown that you don't care about the uninsured?

    That's pretty ironic
    What really is ironic is the liberal rhetoric that trumps the very poor results. You see, I do care about the uninsured in TX because I pay for those people. People are always going to make the wrong choices in life and if they choose not to participate in an insurance program that is their right. Liberals need to stop trying to be parents to everyone else when all they do is spend someone else's money

  7. #177
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'll assume for the sake of time we're talking about the ACA. It can only be sustainable if enough people who won't use healthcare pay for healthcare. I don't believe enough will sign up and pay in the near future, no, and I think intervention (ie., subsidies) will be needed to keep our healthcare system treading water.
    No, I meant the system before ACA, was it sustainable? And what makes the new one so much worse that can't be fixed?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #178
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What really is ironic is the liberal rhetoric that trumps the very poor results.
    I am not surprised to see you describe a decline in the uninsured rate as "very poor results"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #179
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I am not surprised to see you describe a decline in the uninsured rate as "very poor results"

    For the costs and we don't know the actual results that is a very poor result. You believe Gallup? Wow, says a lot about you

  10. #180
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: Obamacare tops 6 million signups [W:263]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    For the costs and we don't know the actual results that is a very poor result. You believe Gallup? Wow, says a lot about you
    And I think the fact that you consider a decrease in the uninsured rate to be a bad thing says a lot about your position
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •