Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

  1. #11
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    If that's true [that they are an insignificant portion ofthe population] then why should the charity cater to Gays?
    Equality of opportunity (in this case, employment opportunity) is 'catering'? Was it not conservatives who dreamt up the concept of equality of opportunity, as distinguished as equality of outcome? World Vision merely opened itself to the possibility of hiring gays. They did not institute an internal mandate.

    Nobody demanded that World Vision take action - affirmative action - to guarantee that gays were hired, to meet a self-imposed quota. They simply insisted that World Vision not prohibit employing gays, that it not disqualify them automatically (as it did then and does now) from employment.

    There is no 'catering' here, though you, in your right-wing rage to feel offended, will doubtless perceive it regardless.
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  2. #12
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,138

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    Equality of opportunity (in this case, employment opportunity) is 'catering'? Was it not conservatives who dreamt up the concept of equality of opportunity, as distinguished as equality of outcome? World Vision merely opened itself to the possibility of hiring gays. They did not institute an internal mandate.

    Nobody demanded that World Vision take action - affirmative action - to guarantee that gays were hired, to meet a self-imposed quota. They simply insisted that World Vision not prohibit employing gays, that it not disqualify them automatically (as it did then and does now) from employment.

    There is no 'catering' here, though you, in your right-wing rage to feel offended, will doubtless perceive it regardless.
    I don't feel offended at all. They reversed their decision.

    This organization says it's based on and motivated by the commandments of Jesus Christ. Why is the Gay lobby trying to change that and every other institution who doesn't agree with them? Why must everyone compromise?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #13
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I don't feel offended at all. They reversed their decision.

    This organization says it's based on and motivated by the commandments of Jesus Christ. Why is the Gay lobby trying to change that and every other institution who doesn't agree with them? Why must everyone compromise?
    Refusing to employ a homosexual is in the "commandments of Jesus Christ"? I know he said a lot of stupid ****, but I don't recall Christ saying "thou shalt not hire homosexuals".
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  4. #14
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,138

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    Refusing to employ a homosexual is in the "commandments of Jesus Christ"? I know he said a lot of stupid ****, but I don't recall Christ saying "thou shalt not hire homosexuals".
    A lot is said about 'compromise' [which is what WV was doing]

    http://www.openbible.info/topics/compromise

    “If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

    "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry"
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #15
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    A lot is said about 'compromise' [which is what WV was doing]

    What Does the Bible Say About Compromise?

    “If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

    "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry"
    Have you ever seen a really attractive woman and wanted to take her to bed?
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  6. #16
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,138

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    Have you ever seen a really attractive woman and wanted to take her to bed?
    We are all sinners from the get-go...that's not the issue. Compromise is.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #17
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    We are all sinners from the get-go...that's not the issue. Compromise is.
    Of course. And a God-fearing organization like World Vision should not compromise by hiring a backsliding reprobate like yourself.

    You have heard that it was said, “You shall not commit adultery”: but I say unto you, that every one who looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
    - Matthew 5:27-28

    What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I simply feel that World Vision ought to have the God-given right to prohibit a womanizing adulterer-of-the-heart like yourself from employment a priori. That would be "following Christ's commandments" about as well as prohibiting gays from working there, after all.

    (Of course, the real hilarity here is that we're talking about basing company policy on the words of an inferior, resentment-driven pissant Jewish messiah.)
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  8. #18
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,138

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    Of course. And a God-fearing organization like World Vision should not compromise by hiring a backsliding reprobate like yourself.



    - Matthew 5:27-28

    What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I simply feel that World Vision ought to have the God-given right to prohibit a womanizing adulterer-of-the-heart like yourself from employment a priori. That would be "following Christ's commandments" about as well as prohibiting gays from working there, after all.

    (Of course, the real hilarity here is that we're talking about basing company policy on the words of an inferior, resentment-driven pissant Jewish messiah.)
    Nice way to talk about someone who died for our sins.

    This conversation is over.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #19
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Nice way to talk about someone who died for our sins.

    This conversation is over.
    If you feel you've sinned, hang yourself from that Tree. Don't torture the whole of humanity with you.

    Concession accepted.
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  10. #20
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: World Vision reverses policy that allowed hiring of gays due to religious backlas

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I don't feel offended at all. They reversed their decision.

    This organization says it's based on and motivated by the commandments of Jesus Christ. Why is the Gay lobby trying to change that and every other institution who doesn't agree with them? Why must everyone compromise?
    I had no Idea Jesus said homosexuals were excluded from his message.....Could you please enlighten me as to where he did so?

    Seems to me the issues arise from the OT, and a rather picky nut job named Leviticus.

    These guys should stop hiring anyone who eats shellfish or wears interesting clothes too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •