Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 122

Thread: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

  1. #111
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    In complete truth. Putin was clever enough to capture the Fleet without firing a shot. He scuttled two Russian vessels to block the access channels and it appears to have been a complete success. No casualties. No snipers. No firebombs. No blood. Could Putin be the "good guy" in this embroglio? I think he is.
    I completely agree!

    Russian forces also took several other military facilities with almost no bloodshed. Had the US taken such objectives, they would have carpet-bombed the entire area, Shock & Awe style.

    It appears that in practice, where the rubber meets the road, Russia is far more concerned about human life than Uncle Sam is. It appears that The Evil Empire is actually the US Government. That does not make me happy, I am not proud of that, but it does seem to be the case judging from real events.

  2. #112
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You've got a point, but Putin's job is not to make it easier for Ukraine to join the EU. His job is to do what's best for Russia, and preserving the trade relationship with Ukraine would certainly be good for Russia.
    He is not the bad guy to Russia, actually he might be, considering RT was denying the invasion. On an international scale he is.

  3. #113
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    You make fair points. I do think that technology makes a bigger difference than it did 70 years ago.
    Yes, but many of the biggest enablers are information technology, where Russia has an above-average punch.

    It was my understanding that Germany went on a full tilt effort to build their military before they moved,perhaps I am wrong. Lucky he drove out his Jewish scientists!
    They did go on full-tilt, but they still hadn't fully recovered from Versailles. And yeah, getting rid of your best tech workers because you don't like their ethnicity is a traditional losing move.

  4. #114
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Russian forces also took several other military facilities with almost no bloodshed. Had the US taken such objectives, they would have carpet-bombed the entire area, Shock & Awe style.
    I really enjoy when you say crap like that, because it demonstrates that you have no idea what you are talking about.

  5. #115
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Paris was not fought for or defended.
    Yes, we understand you wanted Paris destroyed for the sake of destroying it.

  6. #116
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I completely agree!

    Russian forces also took several other military facilities with almost no bloodshed. Had the US taken such objectives, they would have carpet-bombed the entire area, Shock & Awe style.

    It appears that in practice, where the rubber meets the road, Russia is far more concerned about human life than Uncle Sam is. It appears that The Evil Empire is actually the US Government. That does not make me happy, I am not proud of that, but it does seem to be the case judging from real events.

    Wow, Russian allies on the forum. PRAISING Russia for its war practices in Afghanistan? I don't think so. It's the Stormfront influence here.

    "The decade-long war (with Russia) resulted in millions of Afghans fleeing their country, mostly to Pakistan and Iran. Hundreds of thousands of Afghan civilians were killed in addition to the rebels in the war."

    "Estimates of Afghan civilian deaths vary from 850,000 to 1,500,000.[23][24] 510 million Afghans fled to Pakistan and Iran, 1/3 of the prewar population of the country, and another 2 million were displaced within the country. In the 1980s, half of all refugees in the world were Afghan."

    Soviet war in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Fagan and Henry cheer that. Praise Russia for it. Declare Russia heroic for it. KILL THOSE DAMN NON-WHITE PEOPLE! Or at least run them out of the country! Send all African-Americans back to Africa and All Latinos to Mexico! If Putin were in charge that's what he'd do - and that is why the love you - though won't say so on THIS forum and rather talk all around it. But that is the core of their messages.

    But they weren't white and Fagan's and Henry's messages are laced with extreme racist and racial/ethnic segregation. Thus, to them, it doesn't matter how many Afghanistanis Russia killed because they aren't white. In fact, they cheer Russians killing, interning and using non-whites for slave labor.

    The reason they HATE the USA is because the USA is not racial segregated. That is what they mean when they say the USA is evil. The USA is not racially segregated and they see this as crimes against their white race.

  7. #117
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    That's cause France got it's ass handed to them all the way to when their backs were up against Paris. They were broken and couldn't hold a line. Historical facts are nice some times. Your welcome for providing them.
    He posts messages like that because he hates France. The French military had over 100,000 casualties and France had to decide whether to see it's cities destroyed or fight an underground resistance. The heroics of the French resistance went off the chart in sacrifice and bravery. But they were French so he ridicules them.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Yes, we understand you wanted Paris destroyed for the sake of destroying it.
    I did, even though I was born 20 something years later?

  9. #119
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    "A great deal of damage was done to the civilian children population by land mines. (Russian war against Afghanistan). A 2005 report estimated 34% of the Afghan population were disabled due to Soviet and government land mines. In the city of Quetta, a survey of refugee women and children taken shortly after the Soviet withdrawal found child mortality at 31%, and over 80% of the children refugees to be unregistered. Of children who survived, 67% were severely malnourished, with malnutrition increasing with age." (Same source as above)

  10. #120
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In military rout, Russia seizes 51 Ukrainian ships in Crimea

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I did, even though I was born 20 something years later?
    You wish it had been.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •