Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

  1. #41
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No... No its not. Simply not even close to true. If you believe this you simply fail US politics 100..
    The NSA is a part of the Department of Defense. The Secretary of Defense runs the Department of Defense. The Secretary of Defense answers to The President.

    It is YOU that is failing, sir.

    Look, I know you'll say anything to cover for The Messiah, but at least try to make sure you get a facts straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #42
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    As long as the companies keep it and the NSA can get it, we're still good to go. But companies weren't doing that before.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  3. #43
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The NSA is a part of the Department of Defense. The Secretary of Defense runs the Department of Defense. The Secretary of Defense answers to The President.

    It is YOU that is failing, sir.

    Look, I know you'll say anything to cover for The Messiah, but at least try to make sure you get a facts straight.
    That still does not mean POTUS has unprecedented authority to do whatever he wants. Why do you think Bush had to pass the Patriot Act to get the wide range surveillance system we have now?


  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    That still does not mean POTUS has unprecedented authority to do whatever he wants. Why do you think Bush had to pass the Patriot Act to get the wide range surveillance system we have now?
    The fact that you actually asked that question proves that you don't have a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The fact that you actually asked that question proves that you don't have a clue.
    Wait? Why not answer the question?


  6. #46
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Wait? Why not answer the question?
    Because the question is maximous idioticous. Are you seriously asking that, or just flame bait?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #47
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The NSA is a part of the Department of Defense. The Secretary of Defense runs the Department of Defense. The Secretary of Defense answers to The President.

    It is YOU that is failing, sir.

    Look, I know you'll say anything to cover for The Messiah, but at least try to make sure you get a facts straight.
    Please. The congress and the senate also have a lot to do with the department of defense and the intelligence agencies. Ever heard of checks and balances? We don't live in a dictatorship where the chief executive has unlimited power and can change things on a dime by one phone call. Sometimes I wish we did as we'd get more done but we don't. So give up your argument. It's crap.

  8. #48
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    More partisan ODS by the usual in this thread.
    Call me when you're over BDS.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #49
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    That still does not mean POTUS has unprecedented authority to do whatever he wants. Why do you think Bush had to pass the Patriot Act to get the wide range surveillance system we have now?
    You're putting forth bull**** now. Obama can call the NSA and shut them down, if he wants to. Now he will have to deal with Congress if they objective given they exist under law, but Obama is the boss of the executive branch period (unfortunately).
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #50
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama to Call for End to N.S.A.ís Bulk Data Collection

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're putting forth bull**** now.
    Why cant you answer the question?
    Obama can call the NSA and shut them down, if he wants to. Now he will have to deal with Congress if they objective given they exist under law, but Obama is the boss of the executive branch period (unfortunately).
    Really? Can he?


Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •