Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 179

Thread: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

  1. #51
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Which one? The IRS one is still "ongoing" but it seems as if the House's MO when it comes to investigations is to throw out tons of charges, collect information, and when they don't find the evidence to support their charges it fizzles out.

    As for the Obama administration not being cooperative. I guess I'd need some examples? It seems like this is the cycle for every "scandal" of the Obama Administration.

    Something is found...no matter what it's linked to Obama and his administration....there tends to be a lot of speculation and conspiracy theories. Investigations occur and lots of sound bites from House Republicans and Senators. The investigators don't find anything to support the speculation and conspiracy theories. Republican House members and Senators say the reason nothing was found is because stuff is being hidden.

    I mean...it's hard to take those investigations seriously.
    So officials pleading the 5th is cooperation?

    The Administration refusing to turn over emails.

    Refusing to allow internal investigators to testify

    And so on.

    At every turn the administration has been a stonewall to the investigation.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #52
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Report: Chris Christie?s Bridgegate probe clears gov - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com


    Surely just one important step showing the Gov didn't lie (unlike our many other prominent Washington politicians who have). The Christie haters will continue to hate, the Christie supporters will be rewarded for their steadfast support. The media will likely not say much since this denies a smoking gun and the demise of a rising star Republican. Whether or not Christie runs in 2016 probably hasn't changed - from a political standpoint the damage was done; mission accomplished.
    Nice, very good. So a commision probed into it and found no wrong doing. And you feel that this completely shows that he had nothing to do with it. Makes sense.

    I'll hop on to the IRS, Bengazi etc threads and explain to them that we've had commissions, therefor everything has been proven to be over, and that everyone is innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  3. #53
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yeah, there's nothing going on there. That's why people are asking for immunity before they testify



    So, you agree there's illegal activity going on in the IRS? Lerner is begging for immunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #54
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I think that was the Democrat's (and biased media) point behind the entire exercise. Don't you?

    As to the biased media, do you suppose for even a single second that these findings will be given as much publicity as the maligning accusations they've all made against Christie?

    Ha! Not a chance in hell. I suspect that this'll be back page news, effectively buried.
    First let's begin with your viewership/readership/listenership. Are YOU unbiased in your reception of news? Or do you look for news that validates positions you've already taken?

    Anyone who views, listens to and/or reads "news" should bloody well know that it is very likely the content will be biased. The particular bias depends on the source. It also depends on the medium. Television "news" isn't news, it is infotainment. If you spend anytime at all viewing TV news you are wasting your time. There really isn't much information there and very, very little depth.

    Your federal government is deeply involved in using weapons grade propaganda on Americans via news media. That's a fact and is actually documented. What's more, it is often very successful. Gobbels only dreamed of what has been accomplished by the US government in terms of manipulation of the masses.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #55
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    "The paper reported that the probe was commissioned by Christie, who selected a legal team from the firm of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. The story notes the firm “has close ties” to the Christie administration.

    Christie’s review, announced in January, included 70 interviews — among them, Christie, his lieutenant governor and senior staff— and cost nearly $1 million in legal fees that will fall upon taxpayers. The review did not include interviews with key former staffers Bridget Anne Kelly or Bill Stepien, whose emails linked the administration to the scandal and ultimately led to their departures from the governor’s administration. Along with Kelly and Stepien, David Wildstein, an ex-Port Authority official appointed by Christie, also declined to be interviewed."

    So Christie's lawyers at taxpayer expense didn't interview the relevant persons and declared their client is innocent?

    A worthless public defense.

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Report: Chris Christie?s Bridgegate probe clears gov - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com


    Surely just one important step showing the Gov didn't lie (unlike our many other prominent Washington politicians who have). The Christie haters will continue to hate, the Christie supporters will be rewarded for their steadfast support. The media will likely not say much since this denies a smoking gun and the demise of a rising star Republican. Whether or not Christie runs in 2016 probably hasn't changed - from a political standpoint the damage was done; mission accomplished.
    Read the first paragraph of your quoted story and tell me if that just doesn't sound hilarious.

    I disagree that any significant damage was done. Absent a smoking gun, I think it won't have any real effect on his chances to be president.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #57
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Nice, very good. So a commision probed into it and found no wrong doing. And you feel that this completely shows that he had nothing to do with it. Makes sense.
    Is that what I feel? I believe what I stated was the report showed no smoking gun, the damage politically was done, that Christie may still have a political life but not in 2016 most likely. I don't believe I said anything about the reports validity, or that it completely shows anything. Ass-ume much?

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I'll hop on to the IRS, Bengazi etc threads and explain to them that we've had commissions, therefor everything has been proven to be over, and that everyone is innocent.
    As I've already stated, critics of Christies self appointed commission are the supporters of Bengazi, IRS, etc... you weren't aware of the double standard?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #58
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,893
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    First let's begin with your viewership/readership/listenership. Are YOU unbiased in your reception of news? Or do you look for news that validates positions you've already taken?

    Anyone who views, listens to and/or reads "news" should bloody well know that it is very likely the content will be biased. The particular bias depends on the source. It also depends on the medium. Television "news" isn't news, it is infotainment. If you spend anytime at all viewing TV news you are wasting your time. There really isn't much information there and very, very little depth.

    Your federal government is deeply involved in using weapons grade propaganda on Americans via news media. That's a fact and is actually documented. What's more, it is often very successful. Gobbels only dreamed of what has been accomplished by the US government in terms of manipulation of the masses.
    I don't doubt that. Looking at the left lean of the media, and I'm convinced of it.

  9. #59
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post

    As I've already stated, critics of Christies self appointed commission are the supporters of Bengazi, IRS, etc... you weren't aware of the double standard?
    Yea, that works both ways... a point that seems to elude you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  10. #60
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I don't doubt that. Looking at the left lean of the media, and I'm convinced of it.
    Actually it didn't begin with Obama. It didn't begin with Bush, but the Bush Administration perfected it. They did a masterful job, truly. All future administrations will use what they have learned from the Bush years, and they will perfect it even more. The Obama Administration certainly has. The beauty of it all is that it has been and is today hidden in plain view. Brilliant, really. In fact it isn't a secret at all.

    It was once against the law for the federal government to deliberately use propaganda on Americans, not that it mattered. Washington does what Washington wants. Under Obama and with Congressional support the law now permits your tax dollars to be used to mind **** you and all Americans. Americans don't really care. Americans don't really know. That's the beautify of it. I'd be willing to bet that partisans are the worst victims of it, though all Americans are greatly harmed.

    The overarching point is that it doesn't really matter if the American media is biased toward liberals or conservatives. The bias will change depending on who is in the White House. We all must ask ourselves, is it bias in the media that we are opposed to or is it rather media bias that is opposed to our personal bias that we don't like. Anyone who honestly would like to make informed decisions would be opposed to media bias, period.

    I would submit that a significant percentage of the American people don't really want to be involved in making informed political decisions. They want it done for them. They pick media that will tell them what they want to hear and will tell them why they should feel as they feel. Americans for the most part DO NOT want their beliefs challenged. Americans want chatty beautiful "news" personalities to entertain them. News has to be a production or Americans won't watch it on TV. Americans won't read long articles full of details in daily newspapers.

    Here's arguably the most unbiased daily in the United States.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •