Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 179

Thread: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

  1. #111
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    End result is, you purposefully misrepresented the accusation that I claimed Christie was innocent. No quote, none of my words... just more of your assumptions based on - nothing.
    I don't know Christie - so I get no reward.

    Any more misrepresentations or unfounded accusations you'd like to make to fully destroy your credibility or shall I continue on educating you?
    So this wasn't you? Did someone hack your account? Because you should definitely report that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham
    Surely just one important step showing the Gov didn't lie
    Or wait.. You meant to say "Surely just one important step showing the Gov didn't lie, unless he did...because i'm totally not claiming that he didn't lie."

    FYI... I really appreciate the "education". You should charge money.

  2. #112
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    So this wasn't you? Did someone hack your account? Because you should definitely report that.

    Or wait.. You meant to say "Surely just one important step showing the Gov didn't lie, unless he did...because i'm totally not claiming that he didn't lie."

    FYI... I really appreciate the "education". You should charge money.
    I still don't see where I said he was innocent, as you claim. The report claims he didn't know ... that's what Christie said - he didn't know.
    Now do I believe that is exactly what happened? No... hence my skepticism.

    Another lesson for you: If you accuse someone of doing something, at least make the accusation ACCURATE. Your posts describe a difficulty in understanding causational actions which can be mutually exclusive. According to you I cannot say Christie didn't lie, and be skeptical at the same time.

    More lessons? I'm here all week.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    LOL You made the same mistake that made a fool of Romney in the debate. Obama called the event "an act of terror" the very first day. This is all about the difference between words "terrorist attack" and "act of terror? Could that be any more petty? Thanks for proving my point.
    Why not get your facts straight so you can understand the significance of words and what they really mean. Obama also called Benghazi an act of violence, and avoided to use of the 'terror' word the very next day.
    Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terrorism’ - The Washington Post

  4. #114
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I still don't see where I said he was innocent, as you claim. The report claims he didn't know ... that's what Christie said - he didn't know.
    Now do I believe that is exactly what happened? No... hence my skepticism.

    Another lesson for you: If you accuse someone of doing something, at least make the accusation ACCURATE. Your posts describe a difficulty in understanding causational actions which can be mutually exclusive. According to you I cannot say Christie didn't lie, and be skeptical at the same time.

    More lessons? I'm here all week.
    I think I'm enjoying the sight of an obviously intelligent person wrap themselves into knots trying to defend an excusable mistake. You never claimed that Christie was innocent, only that he wasn’t lying. Funny stuff.

    This is fun. I'll try. I never claimed that it wasn't hot, I just said that it was cold. I never claimed that Tebow was a good quarterback, I just said that he'll take the Jets to the Superbowl. (Actually, that one is probably over the line).

  5. #115
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I think I'm enjoying the sight of an obviously intelligent person wrap themselves into knots trying to defend an excusable mistake. You never claimed that Christie was innocent, only that he wasn’t lying. Funny stuff.
    That may be your perception but the last thing I am is in knots. Keep trying though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    This is fun. I'll try. I never claimed that it wasn't hot, I just said that it was cold. I never claimed that Tebow was a good quarterback, I just said that he'll take the Jets to the Superbowl. (Actually, that one is probably over the line).
    Like I said, if you're gonna bother making an accusation, it's worth doing right the first time so as to not look foolish later.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,341

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why not get your facts straight so you can understand the significance of words and what they really mean. Obama also called Benghazi an act of violence, and avoided to use of the 'terror' word the very next day.
    Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terrorism’ - The Washington Post
    LOL Talk about beating a dead horse. Explain to me the difference between "act of terror" and "terrorist attack".

  7. #117
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The CMS has long been respected as legitimate. You disagree?
    No....
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #118
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,367

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Only 40 times? That must be some kind of record for lowest number of lies ever. His opponent lied at least as often trying to get a first term. Which is partially why I refused to vote for either of the Obamney twins.
    it's always about "his opponent" or his "enemies" with you guys. His "opponent" has never had his hands on the purse strings.

    Obama LIED 40 TIMES that we know of to sell the nation on a false premise to get elected, and then lied to hide the lie.

    But thank you again for proving that Obama is not one lick better than is opponents, as everything is a matter of comparatives as opposed to a matter of integrity. I am sorry, "my guy's a thief, but your guy is worse" doesn't cut it.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #119
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,122

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    it's always about "his opponent" or his "enemies" with you guys. His "opponent" has never had his hands on the purse strings.

    Obama LIED 40 TIMES that we know of to sell the nation on a false premise to get elected, and then lied to hide the lie.

    But thank you again for proving that Obama is not one lick better than is opponents, as everything is a matter of comparatives as opposed to a matter of integrity. I am sorry, "my guy's a thief, but your guy is worse" doesn't cut it.
    Neither of them are "my guy." I didn't vote for either of them, which you would know if you read the whole thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #120
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Is that what they wanted?
    Absolutely.....Christie was a huge threat to the baggers....that's why they referred to him as a rhino and did what they had to do to bring him down.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •