Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 179

Thread: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

  1. #101
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What about it?


    I see your posts affect you as much as they do me. Good to know.
    You post a link to an article which you claim will "reward" all of the brave souls who stood by Christie. Then when challenged you don't make any claim as to the veracity of the article.

    So you aren't claiming that the article is true, but you're claiming that it's true. Is that the new definition of a skeptic?

  2. #102
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    You post a link to an article which you claim will "reward" all of the brave souls who stood by Christie. Then when challenged you don't make any claim as to the veracity of the article.

    So you aren't claiming that the article is true, but you're claiming that it's true. Is that the new definition of a skeptic?
    Those who supported Christie will be rewarded. That's a fact. That I'm skeptical of the reports findings - also a fact. Tell me, what is confusing you?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #103
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Those who supported Christie will be rewarded. That's a fact. That I'm skeptical of the reports findings - also a fact. Tell me, what is confusing you?
    You cannot say that Christie is innocent and also say that a report which clears Christie is in doubt.

    Look.. I get it, you posted the article without reading it. We all screw up. There's no need for mental gymnastics to say that you really didn't mean what you thought you meant.

    Also, those who believe in Christie will be rewarded?? Like a messiah figure?

  4. #104
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    You cannot say that Christie is innocent and also say that a report which clears Christie is in doubt.
    I never claimed Christie was innocent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Look.. I get it, you posted the article without reading it. We all screw up. There's no need for mental gymnastics to say that you really didn't mean what you thought you meant.

    Also, those who believe in Christie will be rewarded?? Like a messiah figure?
    What I get is that you didn't read what I wrote. You imprinted some assumption on your part onto me and based your posts on that mistake. It's what happens when reading ≠ comprehension.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #105
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I never claimed Christie was innocent.



    What I get is that you didn't read what I wrote. You imprinted some assumption on your part onto me and based your posts on that mistake. It's what happens when reading ≠ comprehension.
    I screw up too... and I don't like it, but I still feel like I should admit it.


    Btw... I'm giving this thing way too much of my time.
    1). Christie can only reward people if he has a station with the ability to reward people.
    2). Christie will not be in such a station should he be directly implicated in the Bridge investigation.
    Ergo Claiming that Christie will reward his supporters in the context of the Bridge investigation is tantamount to claiming that Christie is innocent. An article posted in such context is an assertion of exculpatory evidence.

    But feel free to keep digging.

  6. #106
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I screw up too... and I don't like it, but I still feel like I should admit it.
    You claimed I said in this thread Christie was innocent. That is false.

    I'm glad you acknowledge screw ups, since you made a big one... the rest of your post is irrelevant. It's best to form an argument based on fact, not misrepresentation or false accusation. But please... show me where I claimed Christie was innocent in this thread.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #107
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You claimed I said in this thread Christie was innocent. That is false.

    I'm glad you acknowledge screw ups, since you made a big one... the rest of your post is irrelevant. It's best to form an argument based on fact, not misrepresentation or false accusation. But please... show me where I claimed Christie was innocent in this thread.
    Btw... I'm giving this thing way too much of my time.
    1). Christie can only reward people if he has a station with the ability to reward people.
    2). Christie will not be in such a station should he be directly implicated in the Bridge investigation.
    Ergo Claiming that Christie will reward his supporters in the context of the Bridge investigation is tantamount to claiming that Christie is innocent. An article posted in such context is an assertion of exculpatory evidence.

    Funny how you omitted this part from your "rebuttal". So you knew that Christie commissioned the report from his allies when you wrote the OP? So your goal was to what? Misinform?

    I guess Christie will "reward" you for your amazing logic.

    oh.. and
    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham
    Surely just one important step showing the Gov didn't lie
    That was you no?
    Last edited by Mithros; 03-25-14 at 02:14 PM.

  8. #108
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Report: Chris Christie?s Bridgegate probe clears gov - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com


    Surely just one important step showing the Gov didn't lie (unlike our many other prominent Washington politicians who have). The Christie haters will continue to hate, the Christie supporters will be rewarded for their steadfast support. The media will likely not say much since this denies a smoking gun and the demise of a rising star Republican. Whether or not Christie runs in 2016 probably hasn't changed - from a political standpoint the damage was done; mission accomplished.
    The tea baggers got what they wanted.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #109
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Btw... I'm giving this thing way too much of my time.
    1). Christie can only reward people if he has a station with the ability to reward people.
    2). Christie will not be in such a station should he be directly implicated in the Bridge investigation.
    Ergo Claiming that Christie will reward his supporters in the context of the Bridge investigation is tantamount to claiming that Christie is innocent. An article posted in such context is an assertion of exculpatory evidence.

    Funny how you omitted this part from your "rebuttal". So you knew that Christie commissioned the report from his allies when you wrote the OP? So your goal was to what? Misinform?

    I guess Christie will "reward" you for your amazing logic.
    End result is, you purposefully misrepresented the accusation that I claimed Christie was innocent. No quote, none of my words... just more of your assumptions based on - nothing.
    I don't know Christie - so I get no reward.

    Any more misrepresentations or unfounded accusations you'd like to make to fully destroy your credibility or shall I continue on educating you?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #110
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate probe clears gov

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The tea baggers got what they wanted.
    Is that what they wanted?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •