Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Egypt sentences to death 529 supporters of Mohamed Morsi

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Egypt sentences to death 529 supporters of Mohamed Morsi

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya MS. The MB is an Organization and furthermore all know who have been supporting them That would be Qatar. The Syrian MB helped get the Issus with Syria going. The MB has been is into several ME countries as well as even here in the US. We even have some threads here that info on them. Just check search and they should come up.

    The Saud and other Sunni are all agreeing that the MB are terrorists. Here is a piece I had up. Although, I do think the children can be saved and the indoctrination removed.
    I think Saudi Arabia, like el-Sisi in Egypt, have political reasons for portraying the Muslim Brotherhood, as an organization as terrorists. That said, I don't doubt that there are members of the MB who are involved in terrorist activities. But again, I haven't seen anywhere, that the MB as an organization is advocating terrorist activity. In contrast to al-Qaeda which does so. From what I can gather the MB, as an organization is relatively moderate and has been working with countries like the US since the Eisenhower administration.

    I also noted that your article said the Saudi Arabia has a problem with Al-Jazeera as well. So I think that's an indicator of the motivation of the terrorist label. It may not be so much for accuracy as it is for political purposes.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Egypt sentences to death 529 supporters of Mohamed Morsi

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I think Saudi Arabia, like el-Sisi in Egypt, have political reasons for portraying the Muslim Brotherhood, as an organization as terrorists. That said, I don't doubt that there are members of the MB who are involved in terrorist activities. But again, I haven't seen anywhere, that the MB as an organization is advocating terrorist activity. In contrast to al-Qaeda which does so. From what I can gather the MB, as an organization is relatively moderate and has been working with countries like the US since the Eisenhower administration.

    I also noted that your article said the Saudi Arabia has a problem with Al-Jazeera as well. So I think that's an indicator of the motivation of the terrorist label. It may not be so much for accuracy as it is for political purposes.
    Mornin MS. Yeah, they say they are moderate and I have said repeatedly that both Republicans and Democrats and those we have dealing in the UN and ME are not up to the task and have been duped, and out played. Since the beginning the US thought they could do business with them. We were wrong.

    I have mentioned about following the money with the MB and their Middle men. They might not be tied to AQ......but do they assist, aid, help out. I think we can find those ties that bind. If we actually put some time into it. But, You can bet your ass they do. As well as any Islamists that are about helping them gain their Agenda.

    Moreso with Qatar who funds the MB wherever.....and their affiliations with Al Jazeera.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Egypt sentences to death 529 supporters of Mohamed Morsi

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin MS. Yeah, they say they are moderate and I have said repeatedly that both Republicans and Democrats and those we have dealing in the UN and ME are not up to the task and have been duped, and out played. Since the beginning the US thought they could do business with them. We were wrong.

    I have mentioned about following the money with the MB and their Middle men. They might not be tied to AQ......but do they assist, aid, help out. I think we can find those ties that bind. If we actually put some time into it. But, You can bet your ass they do. As well as any Islamists that are about helping them gain their Agenda.

    Moreso with Qatar who funds the MB wherever.....and their affiliations with Al Jazeera.
    Hiya there MMC!

    I agree with you that the US thought they could do business with the MB. I recalled being very surprised when I saw Morsi calling for Assad to step down. I was wondering why would he take such a position. Then, it came to my attention that the CIA was supporting the MB in Syria in it's efforts to topple Assad. I had also been wondering why the US was trying to get rid of Assad, when it didn't seem that there was a suitable replacement. Then it occurred to me, the likely explanation was that the US was backing MB through Morsi in Egypt, as well as the MB in Syria to replace Assad. So it made sense to me that Morsi would therefore call for Assad to step down. I don't know for a fact to be true, but that is my opinion.

    Having said that, I don't believe that the problems that we have with terrorism are due to the MB advocating it, as opposed to al Qaeda. I think the problem is that we are fueling terrorism in our attempts to combat it. In fact, even Donald Rumsfeld himself admitted this could be the case. I don't think it's the MB advocating terrorism, at least through ideology like al Qaeda, that's the problem. I think it's just that there are Muslims, who happen to be a part of or associated with the MB, who perceive that Muslims are the victims on injustice on the part of the US and Israel, that's the difficulty. It's something like their are Christians on the far right in the US who are racists. That does not necessarily mean that the church they attend is advocating racism. Or at least I hope not! lol

  4. #44
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Egypt sentences to death 529 supporters of Mohamed Morsi

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The report I got was for multiple attacks.....it wasn't over the killing of one Police officer. It was for killing hundreds of people, and attacking the Police, also going after the Military. From looting to stealing government Property and Inciting riots. While I don't agree how they are not following judicial processes. Which that is all they really need to do.....this group is one of the major problems throughout the entire ME. Egypt is their main base and where their orders are passed out thru their Sunni Clerics. They get rid of the problem here.....then all their off shoots will begin to fail in the other ME Countries.....which will also put notice on any others. Anywhere else in the world. To run for cover. Is there reason to allow any of them to go back out into the world and then continue on pushing the sectarian divide and trying to use Democracy to take over other ME countries. Stirring up violence and lets not forget their treatment of women and others outside themselves.



    Egypt sentences 529 Morsi supporters to death


    The 545 defendants in the case were charged with murder, attempted murder and stealing government weapons in connection with an attack on a police station in August in the town of Matay in Minya province. One police officer was killed in the attack. The violence was part of rioting around the country sparked when security forces stormed two pro-Morsi sit-ins in Cairo, killing hundreds of people on Aug. 14.

    A security official in the courtroom said the defendants and the lawyers disrupted the proceedings by chanting against the judge: "God is our only refuge!" He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press.

    On Tuesday, another mass trial against Morsi's supporters opens in a Minya court with 683 suspects facing similar charges. The defendants in that case include Brotherhood leader Mohammed Badie, who also faces multiple other trials, and senior members of the group from Minya province.

    Since then, Morsi's Brotherhood and other Islamist supporters have staged near-daily demonstrations that usually descend into violent street confrontations with security forces.

    The military-backed government has arrested some 16,000 people in the ensuing crackdown, including most of the Brotherhood leadership.

    At the same time, militant bombings, suicide attacks and other assaults — mostly by an al-Qaida-inspired group — have increased, targeting police and military forces in retaliation for the crackdown. The authorities have blamed the Brotherhood for the violence, branding it a terrorist organization and confiscating its assets. The group has denied any links to the attacks and has denounced the violence.....snip~

    Egypt sentences 529 Morsi supporters to death | Deseret News
    By Maggie Michael - Associated Press Published: Monday, March 24 2014 6:51 a.m. MDT
    Updated: 23 minutes ago

    They attacked other officers and they killed hundreds and attacked hundreds across the Country. They attacked Police depts. and Military Posts.

    They have been designated as a Terrorist Group.
    What we actually know here is that at least some of these events took place, and that these acts were carried out by people who likely supported Morsi. However, what is missing and what makes this trial unfair and unjust is we don't know that these 529 people were involved or the extent that each was involved. For a death sentence or imprisonment or even a conviction I think it should be proven that that person did something wrong. Not that that person supported the same idea as some people who did something.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Egypt sentences to death 529 supporters of Mohamed Morsi

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Hiya there MMC!

    I agree with you that the US thought they could do business with the MB. I recalled being very surprised when I saw Morsi calling for Assad to step down. I was wondering why would he take such a position. Then, it came to my attention that the CIA was supporting the MB in Syria in it's efforts to topple Assad. I had also been wondering why the US was trying to get rid of Assad, when it didn't seem that there was a suitable replacement. Then it occurred to me, the likely explanation was that the US was backing MB through Morsi in Egypt, as well as the MB in Syria to replace Assad. So it made sense to me that Morsi would therefore call for Assad to step down. I don't know for a fact to be true, but that is my opinion.

    Having said that, I don't believe that the problems that we have with terrorism are due to the MB advocating it, as opposed to al Qaeda. I think the problem is that we are fueling terrorism in our attempts to combat it. In fact, even Donald Rumsfeld himself admitted this could be the case. I don't think it's the MB advocating terrorism, at least through ideology like al Qaeda, that's the problem. I think it's just that there are Muslims, who happen to be a part of or associated with the MB, who perceive that Muslims are the victims on injustice on the part of the US and Israel, that's the difficulty. It's something like their are Christians on the far right in the US who are racists. That does not necessarily mean that the church they attend is advocating racism. Or at least I hope not! lol

    Yep, the MB set up the Demonstrations all at the beginning with Syria.....all those that Assad's father had ran off were back. Then the Saud and Qatar jumped in. That Sunni slant came into play with the sectarian divide. Naturally the French filed resolutions in the UN on Syria. We know the rest from then on. Here anytime ya want to check out some info on Syria. Also there are some good threads with info going back around 10-12 pages, from where things are now. Which would be in the ME Forum.



    In the past, United States officials saw the Islamist groups’ abundant resources as the main draw for recruits, said Steven Heydemann, a senior adviser at the United States Institute of Peace, which works with the State Department.

    The strategy is based on the current assessment that popular appeal of these groups is transactional, not ideological, and that opportunities exist to peel people away by providing alternative support and resources,” he said.....snip~

    The unified command includes many with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and to Salafists, who follow a puritanical interpretation of Islam. It excludes the most senior officers who have defected from Assad’s military, according to Reuters.....snip~

    Syrian Free Army names Salim Idris new chief of staff

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...w-90-a-10.html

  6. #46
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Egypt sentences to death 529 supporters of Mohamed Morsi

    I'm certainly not a Muslim Brotherhood supporter, and during Egypt's Arab Spring I found myself muttering "be careful what you wish for", but clearly the Egyptian military... which now runs the entire country... has decided that the best way to eliminate the "loyal opposition" is to simply execute them en mass.

    Between Morsi getting elected and immediately suspending the constitution to unilaterally give himself god-like powers, followed by the military throwing his ass in prison and his followers rioting, resulting in hundreds upon hundreds of those rioting followers being sentenced to death, "Democracy, Egyptian-Style" isn't looking like a particularly great option at the moment.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •