Page 91 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1157

Thread: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

  1. #901
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    In other words you have nothing.

    Don't look now but you can not.

    I hardly needed help but clearly you do.

    Because you say so?

    Good, enough said then.

    Not to you since it is you would would deny others their equality.

    But it that recognition exactly that is at issue here and what you want to deny because you do not approve.
    No. Yes we can, yes you did and you can thank me, not just because I say so but because it is so, no ... you were still way off wrong about preclusion, there is sufficient equality in marriage currently, I and sufficient others so far are not for opening up a right to those who do not merit it... yes.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  2. #902
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    Nice intellectual and intelligent rebuttal. Just what can be expected from you.
    Quite a bit more than can be said of or for you, eh?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  3. #903
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    You missed way too many civics classes and clearly are out of touch with what the majority wants.
    Sorry, but you seem completely unaware of much of anything of which you speak. But I am interested, why don't you inform me of what the majority wants... and where you obtained your information on this majority and what it wants? Probably cannot really do any of that can ya? Nah, thought not.

    Got anything you want to actually contribute to the conversation, or perhaps I am out of line asking and that might be just too much to ask?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  4. #904
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yeah, to Hell with gays' right to the pursuit of happiness! They arent Americans, they dont get to have that. Oh wait...they are Americans...but so what? We dont like them, they are icky and make me feel funny.....let's punish them for exercising their rights. And then let's punish their kids too. They deserve it, because....oh wait....

    Why do they deserve it? What are they doing wrong again? You havent explained that yet...remember?
    Gays can pursue happiness all they want, who is stopping them?

    Wow, you really feel that way about gays, do you? Or do you just normally go around muttering caricatures of what it is you think is going on in other people's minds? Think that is a good debate tactic, or an illogical emotional release that just feels good?

    I have explained it plenty of times. Everybody doesn't get everything they want. Lets say I want a million dollars, are you going to say I don't deserve it? I am an American, don't I just deserve it? Why, because of my views on gay marriage, you just don't like me, that why? What if I want to marry my sister, we are both Americans, you just don't like us, do you?

    How about we get off the emotional merry-go-round here, huh?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  5. #905
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    You keep repeating the same ignorant tripe.
    He only says it because its true. What exactly did they teach you in that Civics class of yours? See, there are three branches, the judicial, the executive and the legislative... in general the legislative makes the laws, the executive branch carries the laws out and the judicial branch settles disputes and determines if the laws the legislature make are Constitutional.

    Pretty basic.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  6. #906
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Gays can pursue happiness all they want, who is stopping them?

    Wow, you really feel that way about gays, do you? Or do you just normally go around muttering caricatures of what it is you think is going on in other people's minds? Think that is a good debate tactic, or an illogical emotional release that just feels good?

    I have explained it plenty of times. Everybody doesn't get everything they want. Lets say I want a million dollars, are you going to say I don't deserve it? I am an American, don't I just deserve it? Why, because of my views on gay marriage, you just don't like me, that why? What if I want to marry my sister, we are both Americans, you just don't like us, do you?

    How about we get off the emotional merry-go-round here, huh?
    91 pages and 904 posts and your posts are still getting thier asses handed to them.

    each fallacy and strawman you have presented has been destroyed its hilarious!

    do you have ONE sound argument you cant back up with accurate facts or logic . . . . one

    we are still waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #907
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes I have. Have you read Madison? Maybe look up tyranny of the majority.

    You may also look at all the protections for the minority in the Constitution.

    Just a thought.
    Yes, have read Madison. Familiar also with the Federalist Papers as well as the Anti-Federalists, knowledgeable of the arguments and the minority protections [rights]. Have spoken of them on the thread already... ever hear of the Revolutionary War, the tyranny of the king we overthrew here in the USA [ example, tyranny of the minority ]...ever hear of majority rules/minority rights together, by chance? Ever hear of the concept, which is the truth, that the people only give our consent to be governed in a republic?

    May want to ponder things a bit beyond what they taught you way back in school, yano?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  8. #908
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,120

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You can't pass a law against a right that is clearly written out in the constitution
    They do it all the time. Hence why we have courts that rule that laws are unconstitutional.

    gay marriage does not rise to that level.
    That is your opinion. Given that you are not addressing the arguments of the actual ruling, it does not appear to be a very informed one. Here is the text of the ruling so you can actually understand the judge's argument and explain in clear terms why you disagree.

    http://www.freep.com/assets/freep/pdf/C4220110321.PDF

  9. #909
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,120

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I just don't see the right to marry a member of the same sex here.
    14th amendment. Section 1.

    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

  10. #910
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage[W:95]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Yes, have read Madison. Familiar also with the Federalist Papers as well as the Anti-Federalists, knowledgeable of the arguments and the minority protections [rights]. Have spoken of them on the thread already... ever hear of the Revolutionary War, the tyranny of the king we overthrew here in the USA [ example, tyranny of the minority ]...ever hear of majority rules/minority rights together, by chance? Ever hear of the concept, which is the truth, that the people only give our consent to be governed in a republic?

    May want to ponder things a bit beyond what they taught you way back in school, yano?
    .


    Oh, I've ponder enough. The one denying here is the perceived majority. You lose nothing by not denying. Your marriage stays the same. You are free to honor or degrade it as you see fit. Only those denying rights are being tyrants. Not those seeking equality.

    And as you study, note the Constitution contains protections of the minority, and addresses equality.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 91 of 116 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •